WTF in America

Old Sep 14th 2020, 4:49 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: WTF in America

Originally Posted by Zoe Bell
As well as the side effects mentioned by Jsmith, i can tell you that the "acceptable" side effects i currently suffer form include chronic acid reflux, short term memory issues, "brain fog" ( hard to describe but if you've had it , you know what i mean!), dizziness and coordination issues. I'm generally feeling like I'm in a good place at the moment , so of course the question is " do I stop taking them?". Not an easy question, you can't just stop and the potential side effects from coming down scare me
Good point. Totally forgot about the "acceptable" ones.

Effexor was the worst for me, I had to take it right on time each day or I would get brain zaps, even close to the next dose mild brain zaps would occur, if I was 2 or more hours later it got worse by the hour. Coming off Effexor was really difficult at the very end, the first half of tapering (always like how they don't call it withdraw, its tapering off effects) off was not too bad for me, went from 200mg down in 37.5 increments roughly, when I got down to what they call the final dose 37.5 people are supposedly just supposed to be able to stop with minimal issues, not me, was just as bad as stopping the higher dose cold turkey, so then I had open the 37.5 capsule and estimate and remove 50% of the little pellets inside the capsule, had to do that for a month, then I had another 2-3 months of mild tapering off effects before it all went away.

Old Sep 14th 2020, 6:02 pm
Professional Cat herder

Zoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond repute

mildly curious as to what the "brain zaps" people keep referring to when they taper/quit.
Old Sep 14th 2020, 6:24 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Zoe Bell
mildly curious as to what the "brain zaps" people keep referring to when they taper/quit.
Best way to put it, feels like little electric sensations, I guess if you have ever put a 9 volt on your tongue, kind of feels like that. Best way I can try to explain the feeling, but happen very quickly, a second or less, but I could have many in a row, then a break, then repeat over and over, luckily it wasn't long term, and only occurred when I was late taking a dose, or when tapering off.

Science doesn't really seem to know exactly why they happen or what causes it, seems to be some theories but no real hard evidence and not a ton of studies, medical world didn't even recognize they existed until the late 1990's.

https://www.health.com/condition/depression/brain-zaps

Often because of the nature of psychiatric disorders, I have found doctors often don't take complaints about medications seriously, and takes the medical world a lot longer to recognize the downsides to psychiatric meds because the patients are taken less seriously when they report them.
Old Sep 14th 2020, 7:13 pm
Yo

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pulaski
The problem with "defund the police" implies that the police are overfunded in the US and that a smaller police force would be desirable, however the statistics do not necessarily support that assertion.

From what I have been able to find on-line, in the US there are apparently 238 police officers/100,000 of population, comparable with the 211 in the UK, 188 in Canada, and 218 in Australia, however other western countries often have considerably more police (per 100k of population) than the US such as 295 in the Netherlands, 333 in Belgium, 381 in Germany, 429 in France, 456 in Italy, and 533 in Spain.

In short I don't think that the police budget is going to work as a source for funding of other programs as the US police force is already thinly spread compared to many countries. I am not saying that other programs are not worthy of being funded, just that trying to divert money from the police won't only sound bad to the law abiding electorate, it is probably not achievable in practice without gutting the police force.
Given the heavy weaponry in the US police forces, I imagine the funds per US officer far outgun those of European or Australian officers.
Old Sep 14th 2020, 10:58 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Shard
Given the heavy weaponry in the US police forces, I imagine the funds per US officer far outgun those of European or Australian officers.
The police in the US aren't as well armed as you seem to think - a service pistol and perhaps a shot gun would be normal. An investment in such "heavy weaponry" would give you change from $1,000 and you'd get many years service from them. The cost of a police car would be many times as much, and at risk of being written off pretty much any day.

Unfortunately the public that the police are policing have many times more weapons than the police have, and at times of tension, such as now, the sale of small arms (please use the right terms) to the public invariably surge with it not being uncommon for the sales of guns to the public over a 2 month period to exceed all guns issued to all police in the US.
Old Sep 14th 2020, 11:29 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Not so:

Old Sep 15th 2020, 3:17 pm
Yo

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pulaski
The police in the US aren't as well armed as you seem to think - a service pistol and perhaps a shot gun would be normal. An investment in such "heavy weaponry" would give you change from $1,000 and you'd get many years service from them. The cost of a police car would be many times as much, and at risk of being written off pretty much any day.

Unfortunately the public that the police are policing have many times more weapons than the police have, and at times of tension, such as now, the sale of small arms (please use the right terms) to the public invariably surge with it not being uncommon for the sales of guns to the public over a 2 month period to exceed all guns issued to all police in the US.
How about the SWAT teams and other well armed law enforcement agencies ?
Old Sep 15th 2020, 3:26 pm
Account Closed

How about the SWAT teams and other well armed law enforcement agencies ?
They could not cope with the bulldozer.

Friend of mine picked up one of these, he had a major issue tracking one down, seems a lot of things are in short supply. It cam with a 30 round mag which is a no go in CO, so sourcing a smaller one.

Old Sep 15th 2020, 3:40 pm
Yo

Originally Posted by Boiler
They could not cope with the bulldozer.

Friend of mine picked up one of these, he had a major issue tracking one down, seems a lot of things are in short supply. It cam with a 30 round mag which is a no go in CO, so sourcing a smaller one.

Some kind of automatic weapon ?
Old Sep 15th 2020, 4:58 pm
Account Closed

Some kind of automatic weapon ?
Semi Auto, do not know anyone who has an Automatic, very expensive. And why?
Old Sep 16th 2020, 12:08 am
BE Forum Addict

zzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boiler
Semi Auto, do not know anyone who has an Automatic, very expensive. And why?
I think what Giantaxe Shard meant is 'what the f**k type of gun is that' and if he didn't then I'm asking. It looks like something that might be parked next to the Super Soakers in Walmart but I suspect that it isn't.

Last edited by zzrmark; Sep 16th 2020 at 12:10 am.
Old Sep 16th 2020, 12:14 am
He/him

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by zzrmark
I think what Giantaxe Shard meant is 'what the f**k type of gun is that' and if he didn't then I'm asking. It looks like something that might be parked next to the Super Soakers in Walmart but I suspect that it isn't.
I think it was a plan by the Israeli army to make Palestinians think they were on a good will trip bringing toys. It makes the shooting of Tamir Rice a new perspective too.
Old Sep 16th 2020, 12:22 am
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

Bullpup design assault rifle, they've been around for awhile, but that looks very new-ish.
Old Sep 16th 2020, 12:29 am
BE Forum Addict

zzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by caretaker
Bullpup design assault rifle, they've been around for awhile, but that looks very new-ish.
That would make more sense than Kimilseung's veiled hint at an Uzi ... even with my dodgy eyesight I can make out the 'Made in USA' stamped on the magazine.

I don't keep up with the killing machine market these days, must say that assault rifles have turned into a right queer looking bunch.
Old Sep 16th 2020, 12:31 am
He/him

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

That would make more sense than Kimilseung's veiled hint at an Uzi ... even with my dodgy eyesight I can make out the 'Made in USA' stamped on the magazine.

I don't keep up with the killing machine market these days, must say that assault rifles have turned into a right queer looking bunch.
I was thinking it was a Tavor, but I am probably wrong, I dont know my guns

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.