WTF in America

Old Sep 19th 2015, 1:44 am

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: WTF in America

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
The mother and her boyfriend have been arrested.
Imagine that.
Old Sep 19th 2015, 2:52 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pulaski
Imagine that.
Don't roll your eyes at me young man!
Old Sep 19th 2015, 8:49 pm
He/him

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

Wedding - no alcohol. Whats that all about?
Old Sep 19th 2015, 10:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

zzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kimilseung
I had to go to one of those this summer - tried to stimulate the senses with copious amounts of the freebie coffee but it wasn't quite the same...
Old Sep 20th 2015, 9:22 am
Forum Regular

Colorado calling has a reputation beyond reputeColorado calling has a reputation beyond reputeColorado calling has a reputation beyond reputeColorado calling has a reputation beyond reputeColorado calling has a reputation beyond reputeColorado calling has a reputation beyond reputeColorado calling has a reputation beyond reputeColorado calling has a reputation beyond reputeColorado calling has a reputation beyond reputeColorado calling has a reputation beyond reputeColorado calling has a reputation beyond repute

Probably been mentioned already in the 200 pages already but it gets me everytime I pass through an airport or large public building in the U.S. Toilet cubicles with huuuuuuge gaps in their construction. Why, why, why, why?

I can't be the only girl who tries to hang her jacket over the door in a way that covers part of the gap or positions luggage strategically to block the view. The worst case was at the county auditor's office when we went to get the marriage licence. The queue was so long by the time we had been served I needed to use the toilet. Found them and they were the same ones as employees use (another thing I don't quite get) and as I'm washing my hands and looking in the mirror I can see one of the women who was in the licence issuing office doing her business in a cubicle with gaps so big I wonder why they even bothered with doors. The gaps were so big I could recognise the person. Also the doors have a big gap underneath so you see almost the entire lower half of their outfit.

Is there some reason for this that I'm not aware of? Have asked hubby man times and he just shrugs and laughs and says "that's just how it is", his stock answer for all my WTF questions.
Old Sep 20th 2015, 12:05 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Colorado calling
Probably been mentioned already in the 200 pages already but it gets me everytime I pass through an airport or large public building in the U.S. Toilet cubicles with huuuuuuge gaps in their construction. Why, why, why, why?

I can't be the only girl who tries to hang her jacket over the door in a way that covers part of the gap or positions luggage strategically to block the view. The worst case was at the county auditor's office when we went to get the marriage licence. The queue was so long by the time we had been served I needed to use the toilet. Found them and they were the same ones as employees use (another thing I don't quite get) and as I'm washing my hands and looking in the mirror I can see one of the women who was in the licence issuing office doing her business in a cubicle with gaps so big I wonder why they even bothered with doors. The gaps were so big I could recognise the person. Also the doors have a big gap underneath so you see almost the entire lower half of their outfit.

Is there some reason for this that I'm not aware of? Have asked hubby man times and he just shrugs and laughs and says "that's just how it is", his stock answer for all my WTF questions.
This has probably been covered, probably more than once, but always worthy of another look.

The only reason I can imagine for the scant privacy that American toilet stalls provide is that it prevents anyone doing anything "inappropriate" in there. Certainly from my perspective, literally, as I am 6'5", I find them most awkward as I can usually easily see over the top, and find myself hunched over while entering and while adjusting my clothes before I leave so that anyone else does see me and feel obligated to look away or to acknowledge me.

The reverse problem exists for me if I use the urinal next the first stall, as I have to make a conscious effort to make sure that, if the stall is occupied I keep my head down and/or looking away.
Old Sep 20th 2015, 3:15 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

sir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond repute

Especially surprising give. The number of Republican politicians doing something inappropriate in bathrooms.
Old Sep 21st 2015, 6:57 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Steerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Colorado calling

Good airflow, less smells ...
Old Sep 21st 2015, 7:49 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sir_eccles
Especially surprising give. The number of Republican politicians doing something inappropriate in bathrooms.
Do Republican politicians do more inappropriate somethings in bathrooms than Democratic politicians?
Old Sep 21st 2015, 1:05 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steerpike
Good airflow, less smells ...
Fewer smells inside the stall, maybe, but certainly not out in the general common area of the public bog in question, since the increased air flow helps circulate it pretty well. Especially if someone's just had a breakfast burrito

The sad thing is, I'm so used to the gaps now, I don't even notice them anymore.
Old Sep 21st 2015, 2:18 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
Do Republican politicians do more inappropriate somethings in bathrooms than Democratic politicians?
Yup.
Old Sep 21st 2015, 4:22 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Mother’s Boyfriend Killed Bella Bond At Bedtime, Prosecutors Say « CBS Boston

Baby Doe, follow up
Old Sep 21st 2015, 4:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

Lord PercyPercy has a reputation beyond reputeLord PercyPercy has a reputation beyond reputeLord PercyPercy has a reputation beyond reputeLord PercyPercy has a reputation beyond reputeLord PercyPercy has a reputation beyond reputeLord PercyPercy has a reputation beyond reputeLord PercyPercy has a reputation beyond reputeLord PercyPercy has a reputation beyond reputeLord PercyPercy has a reputation beyond reputeLord PercyPercy has a reputation beyond reputeLord PercyPercy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kimilseung
I went to one of these also, turned out there was a family history of alcoholism on one side, but still, how do they expect people to get up and dance without any alcohol? Isn't that what a wedding is all about?
Old Sep 21st 2015, 4:46 pm

Nutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lord PercyPercy
what a wedding is all about?
Free cake.
Old Sep 21st 2015, 4:52 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

sir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lord PercyPercy
I went to one of these also, turned out there was a family history of alcoholism on one side, but still, how do they expect people to get up and dance without any alcohol? Isn't that what a wedding is all about?
Reminds me about the week before my wedding. We happened to walk past the venue we were going to be having our party in the next week. Another event was going on and it looked like the saddest party ever, no one dancing etc. Wife to be has breakdown and calls her grandmother who assures her that we have an open bar and enough drunks coming that we'll be fine, that cheered her right up.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.