WTF in America

Old Dec 3rd 2021, 9:27 pm
Account Closed

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: WTF in America

And in other news, Ex-Nurse in Arizona Gets 10 Years in Prison After Impregnating Patient in Vegetative State

A former nurse who impregnated an incapacitated woman at the Arizona facility where he worked has been sentenced to 10 years in prison.Nathan Sutherland pleaded guilty to sexual abuse and vulnerable adult abuse. The victim was a patient at Hacienda HealthCare for 26 years after almost drowning at 3 years old.

She is reportedly in a vegetative state.

The facility has said no one realized she was pregnant until she gave birth to a healthy baby boy in 2018.
Maybe karma will bite his ass...
Old Dec 3rd 2021, 11:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

zzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond repute

No usual Friday dining out for us tonight, 'er is knackered. My wife's school went on lockdown for four hours after a student airdropped pictures of a gun and threatened to shoot the place up. Student was found, without gun, said he couldn't remember if he passed the gun to someone else. Following searches of all students a gun was found but police are not sure if it is connected to this incident!!! Title 1 schools are loads of fun, not.
Old Dec 3rd 2021, 11:52 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by zzrmark
No usual Friday dining out for us tonight, 'er is knackered. My wife's school went on lockdown for four hours after a student airdropped pictures of a gun and threatened to shoot the place up. Student was found, without gun, said he couldn't remember if he passed the gun to someone else. Following searches of all students a gun was found but police are not sure if it is connected to this incident!!! Title 1 schools are loads of fun, not.
Sorry to hear that, it must have been terrifying for your wife and her colleagues and students. To go to work or school and have to worry about being murdered, it's incomprehensible.
Old Dec 4th 2021, 12:01 am
Account Closed

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tht
I watched the press conference. Hearing all the details I can’t see how they could not charge them. Sounds like failings at the school as well, surprised a school resource officer was not at the meeting / searching him, his bag and locker based on what the prosecutor said lead up to the parents being called in.
And now...

Old Dec 4th 2021, 12:16 am
He/him

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee
Their lawyer says they just left town and will turn themselves in. It seems a bit much for them to be described as fugitives, so soon, there seems nothing to indicate that they are fugitives. Although the police might know something we don't know. I think it is an indication that they will throw the book at them, not give them an inch on the charges they have been given thus far.
Old Dec 4th 2021, 12:32 am
He/him

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by zzrmark
Sorry your wife had this stress.
But Title I, just means poverty. Oxford High School, is NOT a Title I school.
Old Dec 4th 2021, 1:18 am
BE Forum Addict

zzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
Sorry to hear that, it must have been terrifying for your wife and her colleagues and students. To go to work or school and have to worry about being murdered, it's incomprehensible.
Luckily it's not her first rodeo but this semester has been a bit of trip down memory lane for her, it's been a while since she's had to deal with the kind of things you find at the more 'lively' schools. Last week she had to write up a couple of boys who were simulating a BJ in class and it's the second lockdown this semester (escaped fugitive last time!).
She did say that the kids were scared shitless and at least one staff member freaked out, she was more miffed because she was the one who relayed the airdrop details from the kids to an administrator and got stuck minding the kids who were in the canteen at the time, ie a good number of them, while her lunch and phone were in her classroom - miffed because no bags were checked until almost four hours after the incident started.
The kid transferred in from a private 'no rules' whackjob school and won't be coming back, I'm not sure if that's for the schools welfare or the perpetrator's - he was responsible for the cancelling of two sports events and a music do, things tend to get a bit lairy here in the South when you start messing with their sports...
Old Dec 4th 2021, 1:54 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by kimilseung
Sorry your wife had this stress.
But Title I, just means poverty. Oxford High School, is NOT a Title I school.
The trouble with living in a high poverty area doesn't just mean two free school meals a day for the kids, our local daily arrest reports consist almost entirely of two crimes, meth offences (usually combined with DUI/petty theft) and domestic violence. Things just tend to be a whole lot 'grittier' than in even moderately affluent areas and that is reflected in the kids behaviour/attitudes. Most of them will probably never go to college, move outside the county or experience things that most of us take as normal. It's not just an American phenomenon, when I lived in Devon there was an area in Torquay called Hele, but despite living in the English Riviera and only a mile from the sea many of the kids from Hele had never seen it, let alone spent a day at the beach.
As for Oxford HS, nutcase kids can be found anywhere, should we be more shocked that it wasn't a high poverty area or that it was the 32nd school shooting this semester, most of which barely rated a headline in their local rag, let alone the national spotlight?
Old Dec 4th 2021, 10:09 am
Account Closed

Their lawyer says they just left town and will turn themselves in. It seems a bit much for them to be described as fugitives, so soon, there seems nothing to indicate that they are fugitives. Although the police might know something we don't know. I think it is an indication that they will throw the book at them, not give them an inch on the charges they have been given thus far.
Their lawyer isn't going to admit they tried running, is he? This from later yesterday,

But the latest is,

James and Jennifer Crumbley have been located and apprehended after their car was identified in Detroit early Saturday morning
Until proven otherwise, I'm going to continue believing the parents were fleeing, abandoning their son to face the music alone.

Last edited by DaveLovesDee; Dec 4th 2021 at 10:13 am.
Old Dec 4th 2021, 1:07 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter
His father apparently bought him the gun - a 9mm semi automatic. Just what every 15-year-old needs....

Especially this one.

""a teacher saw drawings on Crumbley’s desk which led to the parents being called into school. The drawings included a picture of a semi-automatic handgun pointed at the words “the thoughts won’t stop, help me” and “blood everywhere,” along with a picture of someone shot and bleeding. The drawing also contained the words “my life is useless” and “the world is dead.” "

https://nypost.com/2021/12/03/parent...to-be-charged/
Straw purchase of a gun for a minor? someone's going to jail.

This child's actions were screaming "I'm a school shooter", but they were ignored. I expect some people will be getting sued too.
Old Dec 4th 2021, 6:30 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Their lawyer isn't going to admit they tried running, is he? ...
Until proven otherwise, I'm going to continue believing the parents were fleeing, abandoning their son to face the music alone.
In view of the news I woke up to - drawings apparently by the shooter - texts from mom saying he needs to learn not t get caught - school meetings with parents about behaviour and so on you're probably right.

Before this report was updated it even sounded like they 'ran' before it happened.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...nifer-crumbley

Old Dec 4th 2021, 6:48 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by BristolUK
In view of the news I woke up to - drawings apparently by the shooter - texts from mom saying he needs to learn not t get caught - school meetings with parents about behaviour and so on you're probably right.

Before this report was updated it even sounded like they 'ran' before it happened.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...nifer-crumbley
Those DNA donors did everything they could to enable the school shooting.
Old Dec 4th 2021, 7:08 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Giantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond repute

Their lawyer says they just left town and will turn themselves in. It seems a bit much for them to be described as fugitives, so soon, there seems nothing to indicate that they are fugitives.
I agree. I can well imagine they fled to a relative's house, for example, rather than risk being threatened in their own home. Otoh, that $4k cash withdrawal looks mighty suspicious in the cicumstances.
Old Dec 4th 2021, 8:43 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Giantaxe
I agree. I can well imagine they fled to a relative's house, for example, rather than risk being threatened in their own home. Otoh, that $4k cash withdrawal looks mighty suspicious in the cicumstances.
From the sub-header of Bristol's link...

James and Jennifer Crumbley, who face manslaughter charges, entered not guilty pleas after being found hiding in a warehouse
Hmmmm.
Old Dec 4th 2021, 9:17 pm
He/him

From the sub-header of Bristol's link...
Hmmmm.
It's these emotive words like "hiding" that make it so hard to know. And "fugitive" earlier. I can well imagine that they wanted to be off the map, away from hotel staff who will call journalists. I assume the person who gave them access was a relative or friend. The authorities seem to be selecting words that have the connotation to turn the public against them, which seems unnecessary as I think we the public are against them enough already. $4,000 seems a trivial amount for two to go on the run with.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.