Wrinkly returning

Old May 10th 2010, 12:39 pm
Just Joined

totallypdoff is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy Wrinkly returning

Have never used one of these before so please excuse if this comes in all wrong,,,,
I will be 64 this year,,,sold up everything and moved with wife to Tenerife in 2003,,,did what so many have done before me,,,and since,,,bought a bar and proceeded to lose all we had worked for over 30 odd years,,,have been working out here since but the recession has taken its toll and will be returning,,,alone,,to the uk in abour 3wks,,,to all intents and purposes destitute,,,few hundred pounds and a sofa at my youngest daughter,,,they have a 2 bed house,,,rented,,,with 2 young lads,,,intend to look for work as soon as I get back but does anyone know what allowances I may be able to receive or claim for,,,prior to that I was born lived worked and bought up my family in the uk,,,thanks
Old May 10th 2010, 12:52 pm
Forum Regular

Relocateme has much to be proud ofRelocateme has much to be proud ofRelocateme has much to be proud ofRelocateme has much to be proud ofRelocateme has much to be proud ofRelocateme has much to be proud ofRelocateme has much to be proud ofRelocateme has much to be proud ofRelocateme has much to be proud ofRelocateme has much to be proud ofRelocateme has much to be proud of
Default Re: Wrinkly returning

Originally Posted by totallypdoff
Have never used one of these before so please excuse if this comes in all wrong,,,,
I will be 64 this year,,,sold up everything and moved with wife to Tenerife in 2003,,,did what so many have done before me,,,and since,,,bought a bar and proceeded to lose all we had worked for over 30 odd years,,,have been working out here since but the recession has taken its toll and will be returning,,,alone,,to the uk in abour 3wks,,,to all intents and purposes destitute,,,few hundred pounds and a sofa at my youngest daughter,,,they have a 2 bed house,,,rented,,,with 2 young lads,,,intend to look for work as soon as I get back but does anyone know what allowances I may be able to receive or claim for,,,prior to that I was born lived worked and bought up my family in the uk,,,thanks
You may wish to join the over 50's 60's thread since many are and have been in your boat!..do pop in there and have a look see

If you read through you will see other folks your age group returning/returned and how to apply for assistance and further, what happened to the applicant

As well there is a links list at the front of the forum for useful contact info to UK services
There are some brilliant support people on here to help and will readily and warmly welcome you to the over 50;s thread

I have just made it back from Canada and still in the throes of getting the set-up's done.
I thought it would all be so easy,that I would love my new environment and stuff can be done the same day and also, since I was born and bred here I would be given every assistance...ha ha!

I do wish you all the very best to you and your wife in this very daunting of tasks...set aside a period of at least a month for attrition into UK
At least you have chosen the best time of the year for the move
All the very best!
Old May 11th 2010, 5:58 pm
Wub
Forum Regular

Wub is a splendid one to beholdWub is a splendid one to beholdWub is a splendid one to beholdWub is a splendid one to beholdWub is a splendid one to beholdWub is a splendid one to beholdWub is a splendid one to beholdWub is a splendid one to beholdWub is a splendid one to beholdWub is a splendid one to beholdWub is a splendid one to behold

I'd book an appointment at the Citizens Advice Bureau as soon as you can when you return. They're very helpful and knowledgeable.

Look after yourself. It must be a very hard time for you right now.
Old May 13th 2010, 1:51 pm
Forum Regular

LottieLou is an unknown quantity at this point

Just done the same thing with my mom (she's just turned 60!). As Wub, said go to the CAB, we did and they were a wealth of information.

Good Luck and hope everything turns out well for you