Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

Worst of each state.

Worst of each state.

Old Dec 19th 2014, 8:38 am
Joined on April fools day

Beaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond repute
Default Worst of each state.

At least Oregon doesn't have Washingtons problem.
Yes another worthless survey just for fun.

https://www.yahoo.com/travel/what-ev...5752.html?hp=1
Old Dec 19th 2014, 11:39 am
Wolf In Sheeps Clothing

Sheepdip has a reputation beyond reputeSheepdip has a reputation beyond reputeSheepdip has a reputation beyond reputeSheepdip has a reputation beyond reputeSheepdip has a reputation beyond reputeSheepdip has a reputation beyond reputeSheepdip has a reputation beyond reputeSheepdip has a reputation beyond reputeSheepdip has a reputation beyond reputeSheepdip has a reputation beyond reputeSheepdip has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Worst of each state.

"Of all 50 states, South Carolina has the highest rate of violent crime at 766 per 100,000 residents. So much for that whole concept of Southern hospitality."

Old Dec 19th 2014, 11:45 am

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

The stats about education are repetitive; about 1 in 5 appear to be "worst at education", using a different statistic to prove it.
Old Dec 19th 2014, 2:28 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Most rail accidents. Strange one to have but it makes sense, since Chicago is a major hub for rail freight in the US and barely a day goes by without having to sit for ages and wait for a 100+ car train to amble by.
Old Dec 19th 2014, 2:45 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing
Most rail accidents. Strange one to have but it makes sense, since Chicago is a major hub for rail freight in the US and barely a day goes by without having to sit for ages and wait for a 100+ car train to amble by.
They're almost all in rakes of 100. I have been caught at crossings many times watching them trundle by. I often look at the names and markings on them, many seem linked to Canada. Round here they have been known to park across the level crossings, staying there for hours!
Old Dec 19th 2014, 2:48 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pulaski
They're almost all in rakes of 100. I have been caught at crossings many times watching them trundle by. I often look at the names and markings on them, many seem linked to Canada. Round here they have been known to park across the level crossings, staying there for hours!
Canadien National are a big carrier round here, as is Wisconsin Central and Union Pacific. CN is the most common marking on locomotives that I have noticed.

Then I go up to Canada to visit my mate a few years ago, and up in Dawson Creek, BC we passed a huge rail yard and all I saw there were Wisconsin Central cars

I do like trains, but sometimes when they're a mile long and travelling under 10mph, waiting for them to pass gets a bit old ...
Old Dec 19th 2014, 2:54 pm

Canadien National are a big carrier round here, as is Wisconsin Central and Union Pacific. CN is the most common marking on locomotives that I have noticed.

Then I go up to Canada to visit my mate a few years ago, and up in Dawson Creek, BC we passed a huge rail yard and all I saw there were Wisconsin Central cars

I do like trains, but sometimes when they're a mile long and travelling under 10mph, waiting for them to pass gets a bit old ...
There's a sizeable transportation museum here in NC, with a good number of locomotives, but they're in poor repair compared to the ones at preservation museums in the UK. I was quite a fan of 1960s era diesels in the UK. There is nothing like the tick-tick-tick sound of a Class 40.
Old Dec 19th 2014, 2:59 pm
I have a comma problem

There's a sizeable transportation museum here in NC, with a good number of locomotives, but they're in poor repair compared to the ones at preservation museums in the UK. I was quite a fan of 1960s era diesels in the UK. There is nothing like the tick-tick-tick sound of a Class 40.
Getting way off track here (pun not intended), but I liked the 70s-80s era DMUs we used in NI. They were based off British Rail designs but adapted because we use the Irish railway gauges over here.

The NIR Class 80 and Class 450 were the two I grew up hearing. They used to be called thumpers because of the noise the engines made when pulling away from the station. Now they're all updated with modern, sleek, quiet trains. It's just not the same
Old Dec 19th 2014, 3:16 pm

Getting way off track here (pun not intended), but I liked the 70s-80s era DMUs we used in NI. They were based off British Rail designs but adapted because we use the Irish railway gauges over here.

The NIR Class 80 and Class 450 were the two I grew up hearing. They used to be called thumpers because of the noise the engines made when pulling away from the station. Now they're all updated with modern, sleek, quiet trains. It's just not the same
I know very little about NI narrow guage trains, but I traveled all over the UK from Ashford to Blaenau Ffestiniog and Devon to Inverness, mostly in search of diesel locomotives.
Old Dec 19th 2014, 4:36 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Maine: Fewest heliports

You might have to hop over to nearby New Hampshire in order to land that helicopter. Tough life, Mainers.
That's really a problem?

And the MA one, as the state without happy hour, is a bit dumb, because the bars get around it by having cheapo, crap drinks day instead.
Old Dec 19th 2014, 6:54 pm

I know very little about NI narrow guage trains, but I traveled all over the UK from Ashford to Blaenau Ffestiniog and Devon to Inverness, mostly in search of diesel locomotives.
To add: Although I rode the Ffestiniog narrow-guage several times as a child on family holidays, the last time I went there was on a charter train, chartered by my high school. The loco was a class 47 which took the train from Gloucester up through Birmingham and Chester, and along the North Wales coast. The class 47 was then switched for a class 40 which took the train up into the mountains to Blaenau Ffestiniog. I, and the other passengers, then switched to the narrow guage line for a trip down to the coast at Porthmadog, and back.
Old Dec 19th 2014, 7:30 pm
He/him

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beaverstate
At least Oregon doesn't have Washingtons problem.
Yes another worthless survey just for fun.

https://www.yahoo.com/travel/what-ev...5752.html?hp=1
Washington: Worst at liking Justin Bieber, seems like a positive to me.
Old Dec 19th 2014, 7:52 pm
Turning into a PA gal!

lizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond repute

I know very little about NI narrow gauge trains
FIFY
Old Dec 19th 2014, 7:58 pm
I have a comma problem

Originally Posted by lizzyq
FIFY
He did say he knew very little
Old Dec 19th 2014, 8:05 pm

Originally Posted by lizzyq
FIFY
I am fighting my new phone. It is "correcting" all sorts of words, sometimes turning valid words into a random jumble of letters, apply Title Case To Sentences For No Obvious Reason, and refusing to accept some words as valid. I am about ready to tear my hair out.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.