British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Trailer Park (https://britishexpats.com/forum/trailer-park-96/)
-   -   World Cup - Warning, Spoilers may be here! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/trailer-park-96/world-cup-warning-spoilers-may-here-835830/)

Bob Jun 11th 2014 1:28 pm

re: World Cup - Warning, Spoilers may be here!

Rik Mayall's lost World Cup anthem and the quest to get it to #1 In His Memory - Anglotopia.net

We can do this for, Rik Mayall! :)

notshipman Jun 11th 2014 1:30 pm

awesome sir_eccles

next line should be 'I had great time learning how to shoot and strike the ball' said Wayne, 28 from Manchester

kimilseung Jun 11th 2014 3:07 pm

Originally Posted by Bob (Post 11298927)

However, it was far from being Mr Mayall's finest hour.

I seem to remember this from the last world cup, am I having deja vu, or is "lost" a bit of a stretch?

scrubbedexpat099 Jun 11th 2014 3:11 pm

I like it.

civilservant Jun 12th 2014 7:37 am

I'm going for a sly bet on the Belgians..

notshipman Jun 12th 2014 7:42 am

This is real shot in the dark anyone know which channel uses Martin Tyler as the main commentator he is used in world cups I just dont know for which channel/network?!

hungryhorace Jun 12th 2014 7:45 am

Originally Posted by notshipman (Post 11299973)
This is real shot in the dark anyone know which channel uses Martin Tyler as the main commentator he is used in world cups I just dont know for which channel/network?!

He's not commentating on the WC I believe. He parted ways with ESPN earlier last year.

notshipman Jun 12th 2014 7:50 am

Originally Posted by hungryhorace (Post 11299976)
He's not commentating on the WC I believe. He parted ways with ESPN earlier last year.

Ok I saw him do a piece in Sao Paulo couple days back for Sky so I presumed he would be commentating for someone

One network is using John Helm I thought he'd been shelved long time back!!

sir_eccles Jun 12th 2014 8:22 am

Watching on Univision. Very exciting, no idea what they are saying. Except for one bit:

GOOOOOOAAAAAAAALLLLLLL!

Bob Jun 12th 2014 8:29 am

I'm using the AceStream via wiziwig and it's fantastic quality...but you can't Chromecast those like the Flash feeds...but the kids have taken over anyway :o

hungryhorace Jun 12th 2014 8:35 am

The ITV stream is holding up well via my VPN back to London, though listening to Andy Townsend does irritate me. The ESPN coverage appears to be pretty decent as well - commentary is good (even with McManaman).

Sally Redux Jun 12th 2014 8:37 am

Originally Posted by hungryhorace (Post 11300015)
The ITV stream is holding up well via my VPN back to London, though listening to Andy Townsend does irritate me. The ESPN coverage appears to be pretty decent as well - commentary is good (even with McManaman).

Yeah it's good :thumbup:

kimilseung Jun 12th 2014 8:47 am

ITV has just conked out for me, "Technical Problem" they tell me; so I am stuck with the Spanish.

civilservant Jun 12th 2014 8:48 am

Originally Posted by kimilseung (Post 11300033)
ITV has just conked out for me, "Technical Problem" they tell me; so I am stuck with the Spanish.

Mine too. It's back now though.

Bob Jun 12th 2014 8:56 am

Originally Posted by hungryhorace (Post 11300015)

Bit annoyed that the ITV app doesn't do live streaming anymore...and we got rid of the loaded cable package a while ago so lost ESPN...almost tempted to get it again, but not quite.

Enjoying the game though...