British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Trailer Park (https://britishexpats.com/forum/trailer-park-96/)
-   -   Women and Firearms (https://britishexpats.com/forum/trailer-park-96/women-firearms-733950/)

tamms_1965 Oct 6th 2011 1:41 pm

Re: Women and Firearms

Originally Posted by cindyabs (Post 9660222)
own a weapon? dress in cammies?

Have a bigger barrel than him?

cindyabs Oct 6th 2011 1:47 pm

Originally Posted by tamms_1965 (Post 9661083)
Have a bigger barrel than him?

:eek::eek::eek:

The Grey Area Oct 6th 2011 10:36 pm

I hunt because I like meat and every August we have to go to the range and sight in a guns, and it's just a job. It's not fun.

Unless you are shooting an animal, shooting is not fun and I have to really wonder about a woman that thinks it is.

tamms_1965 Oct 6th 2011 11:36 pm

Originally Posted by The Grey Area (Post 9662061)
I hunt because I like meat and every August we have to go to the range and sight in a guns, and it's just a job. It's not fun.

Unless you are shooting an animal, shooting is not fun and I have to really wonder about a woman that thinks it is.

Well, many people do it to stay sharp for when they do hunt. And yes, I have been hunting ..... grew up with it as daddio owns a gun/hunting shop since I was 10 and I'm now 40-50. Plus it's a sport just like archery is ...what's wrong with that? I do not hunt presently nor shoot for fun....I shoot to kill (varmints that is:))

cindyabs Oct 7th 2011 12:32 am

Who said anything about hunting, and why is it okay for a man to hunt and a woman can't?

ottotheboar Oct 7th 2011 1:25 pm

If you want to throw some fuel on the fire watch the "girls and Desert Eagles don't mix" clip on youtube. Be warned the guy's T shirt is offensive. He is supposedly a Texan others just called him a moron.

The Grey Area Oct 9th 2011 4:53 am

Originally Posted by cindyabs (Post 9662268)
Who said anything about hunting, and why is it okay for a man to hunt and a woman can't?

They can hunt all they want, they can lift all the weights they want too but it's not very lady like in my opinion.

http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/hprofile..._5649331_n.jpg

cindyabs Oct 9th 2011 10:08 am

Originally Posted by The Grey Area (Post 9665402)
They can hunt all they want, they can lift all the weights they want too but it's not very lady like in my opinion.

http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/hprofile..._5649331_n.jpg

Just curious, what is ladylike in your opinion? Shoe on the other foot, what is considered non masculine activity wise?

BILDER Oct 9th 2011 12:25 pm

Originally Posted by cindyabs (Post 9665710)
Just curious, what is ladylike in your opinion? Shoe on the other foot, what is considered non masculine activity wise?

A woman pirate is not very ladylike in my opinion. Except Penelope Cruz in the latest Pirates movie. She wasn't half bad! :D

But seriously, it's his opinion. Why do you feel the need to criticize or question it?

cindyabs Oct 9th 2011 12:33 pm

Originally Posted by BILDER (Post 9665851)
A woman pirate is not very ladylike in my opinion. Except Penelope Cruz in the latest Pirates movie. She wasn't half bad! :D

But seriously, it's his opinion. Why do you feel the need to criticize it?

If you read my posts closer I never said he was wrong to feel the way he does, I was trying to find out where he was coming from. What is acceptable etc.

Seriously. :)

Geena Davis wasn't too shabby in Cutthroat Island. :D

BILDER Oct 9th 2011 12:39 pm

Originally Posted by cindyabs (Post 9665859)
If you read my posts closer I never said he was wrong to feel the way he does, I was trying to find out where he was coming from. What is acceptable etc.

Lol, OK.

I like Geena Davis, but Cutthroat Island was probably not my favorite. :)

tamms_1965 Oct 9th 2011 1:15 pm

Originally Posted by cindyabs (Post 9665859)

:)

He would have a hard time finding a "mate" in many parts of the U.S. then. Many ladies must do what some men (not the ones where I live) may think are unladylike activities......shovel manure, bushhog a field, run a combine (or any other farm machinery), make house/barn/fence/etc. repairs. And these are not single women either....these are women that are a part of a "team." I, for one, quite enjoy all of the un-ladylike activities I take part in...imagine that:eek:

I heard/read a quote last week along the lines of "You can tell a lot about a man by the type of wife he takes."

The Grey Area Oct 9th 2011 4:18 pm

Originally Posted by cindyabs (Post 9665710)

I like the opposite of me. I like the kind of woman that spends time in salons and enjoys shopping for clothes. I don't like women who like sitting in front of the TV watching sports. I like women who are above that sort of thing.

cindyabs Oct 9th 2011 4:23 pm

Originally Posted by The Grey Area (Post 9666095)
I like the opposite of me. I like the kind of woman that spends time in salons and enjoys shopping for clothes. I don't like women who like sitting in front of the TV watching sports. I like women who are above that sort of thing.

Hmmm, interesting.

Thank you for your reply.

tamms_1965 Oct 9th 2011 6:15 pm

Originally Posted by The Grey Area (Post 9666095)

Confusing....

I love going to the salon and shopping for clothes as much as I detest sports on TV (with a passion actually). My husband loves TV sports but not so much salons and clothes shopping (although he does go with me occasionally). Gotta get back to prepping the plaster walls for new paint and installing the new foyer lighting....hubs is outside working so no help from him :(