British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Trailer Park (https://britishexpats.com/forum/trailer-park-96/)
-   -   Women and Firearms (https://britishexpats.com/forum/trailer-park-96/women-firearms-733950/)

Ray Sep 28th 2011 6:59 pm

Women and Firearms

1 Attachment(s)
Based on polling research and gun-sale statistics, an estimated 15 million to 20 million women in the United States own their own firearms.

are you one of them ...???

tamms_1965 Sep 28th 2011 7:42 pm

Re: Women and Firearms

I don't own one now, but I am getting one (just a .22 for unwanted critters). I got my first gun from my dad for my 13th birthday. A few of my lady friends have concealed weapon permits and do own/carry handguns. One of them tried to get me to get mine this summer but I have no desire to.....yet. I know a few that also hunt. My 72-yr-old step-mom packs (and has another one under her pillow :eek:).

Bill_S Sep 28th 2011 7:53 pm

I keep trying to get Mrs Bill interested but I'm not having much luck. That might be more to do with the fact that the restroom facilities at my gun club are a bit too rustic for her. When the new clubhouse is finished I might get her to spend a day at the range.

Just picked up my concealed handgun license last month.

robin1234 Sep 28th 2011 7:58 pm

Originally Posted by Ray (Post 9646640)
Based on polling research and gun-sale statistics, an estimated 15 million to 20 million women in the United States own their own firearms.

are you one of them ...???

Nice boots, but is she blind in one eye or something?

HarryTheSpider Oct 4th 2011 4:25 am

Frack! Women with guns? I served with a few in my RAF days - scary - in a comforting kind of way and yes, I'm getting therapy!! :p

nethead Oct 4th 2011 1:42 pm

Originally Posted by robin1234 (Post 9646759)
Nice boots, but is she blind in one eye or something?

And she likes to hunt in full make-up, I'm sure the animals appreciate the effort ;)

cindyabs Oct 4th 2011 1:54 pm

yes

ottotheboar Oct 5th 2011 1:25 pm

My wife is considering a concealed weapons permit as she travels in some remote rural areas. She will have a revolver with 2 rounds of varmit shot to hurt but not severely injure then 4 hollow points. We had a woman from the USDA round who had a "carry permit" for the same reason.

The Grey Area Oct 5th 2011 6:53 pm

Originally Posted by Ray (Post 9646640)

And i'm not interested in any of them. I like feminine women, always have, always will. If she's wearing Camo, I don't see her.

robin1234 Oct 5th 2011 7:06 pm

Originally Posted by The Grey Area (Post 9659614)
And i'm not interested in any of them. I like feminine women, always have, always will. If she's wearing Camo, I don't see her.

Androgynous women are hot too, though

cindyabs Oct 5th 2011 7:40 pm

What you do and what you are, not the same............

tamms_1965 Oct 5th 2011 7:45 pm

Originally Posted by cindyabs (Post 9659695)

Exactly :thumbup:

The Grey Area Oct 6th 2011 1:06 am

Originally Posted by cindyabs (Post 9659695)

I could not see myself with a woman that would want to do that.

cindyabs Oct 6th 2011 1:27 am

Originally Posted by The Grey Area (Post 9660200)
I could not see myself with a woman that would want to do that.

own a weapon? dress in cammies?

Tarkak9 Oct 6th 2011 3:30 am

.... If she's wearing Camo, I don't see her.

... and that's probably why she chose to wear camo in the first place - to be left alone....