Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

This woman wants to get fatter . . .

This woman wants to get fatter . . .

Old Mar 16th 2010, 7:48 am
Maño-Americano

ironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: This woman wants to get fatter . . .

Originally Posted by jan_michigan
I'm with the person who commented about her not caring about dieing, what about her kids ? selfish b*#&h !!!

Also .. those electronic [mart carts] aren't made for 500lb whales they are made for people with disabilities, overweight people who use them because they are too fat to walk make me sick.
ok vent over ..
Come on now; have a heart. Afterall, obeisity is a covered condition in the Americans with Disabilities Act.
Old Mar 16th 2010, 7:49 am
He/him

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ironporer
Come on now; have a heart. Afterall, obeisity is a covered condition in the Americans with Disabilities Act.
tell me that is not true!

edit:
according to this quote it is almost true
"To be covered by the law you need to have a BMI (Body Mass Index) of over 400 or be at least 100 pounds overweight. You also need to have an underlying disorder that caused the obesity"
I just hope the underlying disorder is not being a greedy lazy git

Last edited by kimilseung; Mar 16th 2010 at 7:51 am.
Old Mar 16th 2010, 8:17 am
Unmitigated Gall

another bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kimilseung
tell me that is not true!

edit:
according to this quote it is almost true
"To be covered by the law you need to have a BMI (Body Mass Index) of over 400 or be at least 100 pounds overweight. You also need to have an underlying disorder that caused the obesity"
I just hope the underlying disorder is not being a greedy lazy git
The "Underlying disorder" could be an eating disorder.
Old Mar 16th 2010, 8:21 am
Deep in the woods of CT

Nutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond repute

I would think that her stated intention to get as huge as she can would invalidate any kind of coverage and any claim that it was a disorder. Of course, she could claim it as an occupational hazard as a result of earning her living by having men pay to watch her devour wieners . . .
Old Mar 19th 2010, 6:05 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Steerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chrisfromusa
Why does everyone here rag on the Daily Mail I don't get it
If you don't know that then you have a lot to learn about the British!

Basically it is a right-wing rag that writes stupid, sensationalist crap - kind of the paper equivalent to Sarah Palin perhaps.
Old Mar 19th 2010, 7:39 pm

Englishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs down Re: This woman wants to get fatter . . .

I wouldn't like to be seated next to her on a plane....
Old Mar 19th 2010, 9:57 pm
Forum Regular

TopGear will become famous soon enoughTopGear will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by robin1234
Because not only is it bloody dreadful, but it has been for the last 113 years.
This is one sad story. She'll die young and her kid will be without mother at a young age. I don't think she knows the consequence of her doing.
Old Mar 21st 2010, 9:30 am
Forum Regular

Snowdaisy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jan_michigan
I'm with the person who commented about her not caring about dieing, what about her kids ? selfish b*#&h !!!

Also .. those electronic [mart carts] aren't made for 500lb whales they are made for people with disabilities, overweight people who use them because they are too fat to walk make me sick.
ok vent over ..

How judgemental!...And I suppose you are 100% perfect?...

How can you be so nasty? 500% whale, and too fat to walk?..such ugly statements!

I agree that anyone that would put themselves in danger by purposely making themselves morbidly obese is wrong...But I am sure that there are other issues at play here, in her case an emotional one no doubt...But there are others who do have medical issues that predispose them to obesity, would you call them whales?...would they make you sick?

Snow...
Old Mar 21st 2010, 9:31 am
Forum Regular

[QUOTE=Englishmum;8433983]I wouldn't like to be seated next to her on a plane....[/QUOTE

Why not?
Old Mar 21st 2010, 11:25 am

chartreuse is an unknown quantity at this point

It's all coming true!

Old Mar 21st 2010, 2:35 pm
Guttural Brumerican

Titchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by snowcrystal
Originally Posted by Englishmum
Why not?
Because shes ****ing massive and would probably try to eat me as a snack?
Old Mar 21st 2010, 3:43 pm
Shocked of Redmond

nettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ironporer
Old Mar 21st 2010, 4:26 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond repute

How judgemental!...And I suppose you are 100% perfect?...

How can you be so nasty? 500% whale, and too fat to walk?..such ugly statements!

I agree that anyone that would put themselves in danger by purposely making themselves morbidly obese is wrong...But I am sure that there are other issues at play here, in her case an emotional one no doubt...But there are others who do have medical issues that predispose them to obesity, would you call them whales?...would they make you sick?

Snow...
Originally Posted by Englishmum
Why not?
Let's see, she stated her intentions to deliberately gain as much weight as possible. That pretty much excludes anyone who is suffering from obesity due to an underlying health condition - as long as that 'condition' isn't "fork-to-mouth" disease. So why bring them into the conversation, eh?

And since I'm obese currently, I think I can pretty much pass some judgment on that. I can admit my lifestyle choices led me to gain the weight..just like my new lifestyle choices that I made recently will lead me to lose that weight.
Old Mar 21st 2010, 6:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

Ash UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond repute

This thread makes me very sad, I struggle with my weight, part of it is bad choices on my part and part of my problem is medical. I would love for nothing more than to lose weight, I think it is sad that this woman wants to be super obese I also feel for her children.
Old Mar 21st 2010, 9:15 pm
Forum Regular

I too think it is very sad, but what is sadder still is reading nasty quotes about "fat people" as though they were an entirely different species, who are completely undeserved of human kindness...God forbid that these people have a problem one day, I'm sure they'll squeal the loudest and bemoan the fact that there is not enough sympathy for them and their problem.

We all know the woman is wrong, no one can dispute that. Maybe it's something for the law to deal with?...Maybe it is something for the psychiatrist to deal with?...I see no-one has mentioned the "feeders" in this case either; perhaps they should be made accountable, especially if the woman dies as a result.

This lady clearly has issues and as the story is about "her" and she has allowed the world to know her intentions, she puts herself in the firing line. But my angst is that immediately lots of people jump on the band wagon and declare open season on all obese people; that is very wrong.

There are many conditions that determine a persons ability to maintain a healthy weight, conditions like hormonal imbalances, thyroid disease, poly-cystic ovaries, and even drugs that would keep you alive can have an adverse affect on your weight.

I know many obese people who are in the main kind and caring people. Some are deeply scarred by other people's comments and treatment towards them resulting in a depression that you would not wish on your worst enemy. They did not wish their condition upon themselves and wouldn't wish it on anyone else.

I won't name and shame those here that have gone outside the original subject to grab their chance to demoralise and criticize all obese people, but just remember, can you honestly say that you are perfect?...You'll never really know if or when obesity will affect you, your child, your partner, your mother, brother or sister...I hope you never have to hear them insulted or hurt by the same comments you have used here.

Snow

Last edited by Snowdaisy; Mar 21st 2010 at 9:20 pm. Reason: addition

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.