Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

The Winter/spring cr@p it's getting warm thread

Wikiposts

The Winter/spring cr@p it's getting warm thread

Old Mar 18th 2011, 10:36 am

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Winter/spring cr@p it's getting warm thread

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Woo Hoo...it's officially been 80 F here today.

Temps will be below average tomorrow.
I am bloody freezing just put the heater on and its pouring outside, more important I bought new clothes this week for the nice sunny weather, what sunny weather where did it go!!
Old Mar 18th 2011, 10:39 am
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

Same here Poppy, BRRR. I still have to go and do some errands, I think maybe I should have done them this morning. I got caught on the way to the mail box, already up the driveway when the rain decided to pour, I was soaked Dd thought it was good for a laugh.
Old Mar 18th 2011, 10:53 am

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mummy in the foothills
Same here Poppy, BRRR. I still have to go and do some errands, I think maybe I should have done them this morning. I got caught on the way to the mail box, already up the driveway when the rain decided to pour, I was soaked Dd thought it was good for a laugh.
We just had lightning.
Old Mar 18th 2011, 11:34 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

70F....should be back to winter chill over the weekend though.
Old Mar 18th 2011, 11:49 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond repute

Gorgeous here all this week. Going on a Harley ride tomorrow to a state park, should be fun and will make up for the crap week I've had
Old Mar 18th 2011, 12:49 pm
Forum Regular

Lola-Monmouth is just really niceLola-Monmouth is just really niceLola-Monmouth is just really niceLola-Monmouth is just really niceLola-Monmouth is just really niceLola-Monmouth is just really niceLola-Monmouth is just really niceLola-Monmouth is just really niceLola-Monmouth is just really niceLola-Monmouth is just really niceLola-Monmouth is just really nice

Originally Posted by Sugarmooma
Well it had to happen, right?

It has been beautiful for the last three days here in my part of Texas. Temps in the low 70's and low humidity and a clear sky and lots of sunshine. Maybe that horrid unusual cold stuff has left for the year

So has spring arrived where you are yet???
It's piss-istently bloody raining here, cold, overcast and the spring bulbs are washed away by the deluge. To think we had a chance of moving to Paris, TX last year..aaaarrrggggh!
Old Mar 18th 2011, 1:11 pm
Sleepless In Chicago

MrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Woo Hoo...it's officially been 80 F here today.

Temps will be below average tomorrow.
In Joyzee? crazy!

I'm in Miami
Spoiler:
Oklahoma
at the moment and it's 55f
Old Mar 23rd 2011, 11:45 am
BE Forum Addict

Lothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond repute

It's been a fabulous day today for weather in practically the whole United Kingdom - wall to wall sunshine from early dawn to lingering dusk, and when I woke this morning just as it was beginning to get light I could hear the sure sign of spring in the form of all the birds outside in the gardens starting up with their chirping and whistling before they really get started.

Clear blue skies and sunshine all the way and a warm feeling 16C to 19C in many areas of England and Wales especially, and hardly a breath of a breeze.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti....html#comments
Old Mar 23rd 2011, 12:11 pm

Yorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond repute

Temps in the low 80's today, and the pool is up to 77f....reckon we'll be swimming at the weekend...
Old Mar 23rd 2011, 9:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

rallybug is a name known to allrallybug is a name known to allrallybug is a name known to allrallybug is a name known to allrallybug is a name known to allrallybug is a name known to allrallybug is a name known to allrallybug is a name known to allrallybug is a name known to allrallybug is a name known to allrallybug is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Lothianlad
It's been a fabulous day today for weather in practically the whole United Kingdom - wall to wall sunshine from early dawn to lingering dusk, and when I woke this morning just as it was beginning to get light I could hear the sure sign of spring in the form of all the birds outside in the gardens starting up with their chirping and whistling before they really get started.

Clear blue skies and sunshine all the way and a warm feeling 16C to 19C in many areas of England and Wales especially, and hardly a breath of a breeze.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti....html#comments
I even went so far as to have the window open all day, right up until bedtime, and I've now, officially, turned off the radiator

Even better, on my timescale, I won't be turning the radiator back on again -ever! I should be in the US by late August
Old Mar 23rd 2011, 9:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

Brit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond repute

While out driving locally yesterday, the temp gauge showed 87F. Felt more like summer than spring. Hot and humid. Unusual for late March. It cools down today though. Forecast for low 70s and some rain.
Old Mar 24th 2011, 8:02 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Pretty good...warm mid 40's F....but snow, in fits and spurts, but right now it's hammering it down outside.
Old Mar 26th 2011, 1:49 am
Heading for Poppyland

robin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond repute

WHEN'S SPRING COMING??:curse::curse:
This time last year we had temps in the 40s and lows in the 20s & 30s, I was out raking every day. This year, highs in the 20s and lows around zero still. The daffodils are coming up bravely but they look a bit yellow and sickly (just the leaves that is.) It is simply too cold to work outside even though it is sunny and the evenings are getting longer! You can't rake the leaves when they are stuck to the lawn with solid ice!!
Old Mar 26th 2011, 2:03 am

Pissed with rain all night and heading to the snow later in Bear Valley.
Old Mar 26th 2011, 12:40 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

bit breezy and chilly, but at least the sun was out today.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.