Wild Wicked Weather

Old May 2nd 2008, 6:53 pm
Riding on silver wings

ugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond repute
Default Wild Wicked Weather

I'm sure you all know about the weather that hit the Kansas City area last night. It woke me up. This is the second time this has happened in a months time. This time it wasn't hail but super fast winds hitting against my windows and all that rain. I couldn't see but 25 yards out from my window. It was just an awesome thing to behold. There were wind gusts of around 70-80mph which is mad crazy for a city that's inland and NOT experiencing a tornado. That's Class 1 hurricane wind speeds for you. It took me about 30 minutes to get back to sleep after staying up for 30.

Anyway, I've just tuned into CNN and found that the rest of the Midwest and and South. I just heard that Arkansas was getting pounded. I'm hoping that all of those who are in the path for this major line of storms are hunkered down and safe.
Old May 2nd 2008, 6:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

basementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Wild Wicked Weather

Originally Posted by ugacrew
I'm sure you all know about the weather that hit the Kansas City area last night. It woke me up. This is the second time this has happened in a months time. This time it wasn't hail but super fast winds hitting against my windows and all that rain.
You sure last month wasnt OP just chucking pebbles at your window to get a glimpse of you in your PJ's?
Old May 2nd 2008, 6:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

nethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond repute

There certainly is some crazy weather right now.
Old May 2nd 2008, 6:59 pm
Riding on silver wings

ugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by basementwaj
You sure last month wasnt OP just chucking pebbles at your window to get a glimpse of you in your PJ's?
I think only having 3 hours of sleep that night answers your question.
Old May 2nd 2008, 6:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

basementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond repute

I think only having 3 hours of sleep that night answers your question.
wow... he has stamina
Old May 2nd 2008, 7:03 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute

I'm sure you all know about the weather that hit the Kansas City area last night. It woke me up. This is the second time this has happened in a months time. This time it wasn't hail but super fast winds hitting against my windows and all that rain. I couldn't see but 25 yards out from my window. It was just an awesome thing to behold. There were wind gusts of around 70-80mph which is mad crazy for a city that's inland and NOT experiencing a tornado. That's Class 1 hurricane wind speeds for you. It took me about 30 minutes to get back to sleep after staying up for 30.

Anyway, I've just tuned into CNN and found that the rest of the Midwest and and South. I just heard that Arkansas was getting pounded. I'm hoping that all of those who are in the path for this major line of storms are hunkered down and safe.
If you need a vacation just let me know!
Old May 3rd 2008, 3:40 am
L2, GC, Surrey, OH, TX!

MsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond repute

i remember being woken up by a strange noise during the atrocious storm back in 87 in England. I heard what sounded like plates smashing and though to myself (a teenager at the time) my god - my parents are throwing plates at each other! After i thought about this and rationalised they had never done that before i looked outside for the noise. My bedroom window faced the next door neighbours house and the wind was picking up single heavy clay roof tiles from her roof, spinning them about in the tornado, and some were smashing into the wall of my room! I went back to sleep at that point - not having thought any further that the same wall had a big glass window in it that i had just been looking through! Anyways - when i got up the next morning and went downstairs my parents told me we had had an unheard of tornado and no one coud get out of the street as trees were down and blocking the roads. Our house got off totally unscathed but several neighbours that were unlucky to be in its meandering path had havoc wreaked - losing roof or shed or green house etc!
Old May 3rd 2008, 3:46 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MsElui
i remember being woken up by a strange noise during the atrocious storm back in 87 in England. I heard what sounded like plates smashing and though to myself (a teenager at the time) my god - my parents are throwing plates at each other! After i thought about this and rationalised they had never done that before i looked outside for the noise. My bedroom window faced the next door neighbours house and the wind was picking up single heavy clay roof tiles from her roof, spinning them about in the tornado, and some were smashing into the wall of my room! I went back to sleep at that point - not having thought any further that the same wall had a big glass window in it that i had just been looking through! Anyways - when i got up the next morning and went downstairs my parents told me we had had an unheard of tornado and no one coud get out of the street as trees were down and blocking the roads. Our house got off totally unscathed but several neighbours that were unlucky to be in its meandering path had havoc wreaked - losing roof or shed or green house etc!
I remember it well. We moved into our house a few weeks before...the garden led down to a river. That morning the river was about 20ft from the house. I was freaking out...but hubby said not to worry we were insured. Fortunately the river didn't rise any further.