Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

Why do Brits hate baseball?

Why do Brits hate baseball?

Old Apr 3rd 2007, 9:52 pm
Just Joined

BamaBrit is just really niceBamaBrit is just really niceBamaBrit is just really niceBamaBrit is just really niceBamaBrit is just really niceBamaBrit is just really niceBamaBrit is just really niceBamaBrit is just really niceBamaBrit is just really nice
Default Re: Why do Brits hate baseball?

i tried to watch a baseball game once and soon realised it was like cricket, it was at that time i had to use the toilet and looked in the mirror and realised my eyes were bleeding from boredom!!!!

NASCAR is boring if your watching it for the race, you need to be watching it in the anticipation of a major crash, then its exciting.
Old Apr 3rd 2007, 10:20 pm
Arrogant ****

dbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond repute

Go.... Roughriders!

When I lived in Soho in London, there were ads for Roughriders condoms all over the place. Apparently my local team named itself after extra-thick gay jonnies!

...and then you get the whole stadium singing YMCA, complete with arm motions, in the warmup before the game, apparently without any hint of irony.

What a strange country we live in!
Old Apr 3rd 2007, 11:05 pm

Lycanthrop is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Manc
I mean it's just not cricket!
Its a cool game to watch live......its better than US Football thats for sure..........
Old Apr 4th 2007, 12:00 am
Just Joined

BamaBrit is just really niceBamaBrit is just really niceBamaBrit is just really niceBamaBrit is just really niceBamaBrit is just really niceBamaBrit is just really niceBamaBrit is just really niceBamaBrit is just really niceBamaBrit is just really nice

i actually like American football, i guess you really need to understand the rules before you can enjoy it though because it took me the best part of 4 years to finally get into it.
Old Apr 4th 2007, 12:11 am
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbj1000
...and then you get the whole stadium singing YMCA, complete with arm motions, in the warmup before the game, apparently without any hint of irony.
It's like they still play Gary Glitter "Come On Come On" to get the kids up in the crowd dancing.

I just sit there and shake my head.
Old Apr 4th 2007, 12:15 am

Lycanthrop is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Manc
It's like they still play Gary Glitter "Come On Come On" to get the kids up in the crowd dancing.

I just sit there and shake my head.
So you're the one who is the gap in the crowd when everyone else is doing "the wave"..........

Admittedly, the Nat Anthem is a bit OTT though.........
Old Apr 4th 2007, 12:21 am
Arrogant ****

dbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BamaBrit
i actually like American football, i guess you really need to understand the rules before you can enjoy it though because it took me the best part of 4 years to finally get into it.
Are you saying we all don't like American Football because we're too stupid to understand the rules?!?

Well, are you?
Old Apr 4th 2007, 12:47 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

It's not the rules, it's the continual stop start lasting 4 hour nature of the sports over here that get on my tits...
Old Apr 4th 2007, 12:54 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by dbj1000
Are you saying we all don't like American Football because we're too stupid to understand the rules?!?

Well, are you?
i didnt say anyone was too stupid to understand the rules, maybe not taken the time to learn them, i just like the game, some may not, but i think its great.
Old Apr 4th 2007, 1:21 am
Who?

jumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond repute

i didnt say anyone was too stupid to understand the rules, maybe not taken the time to learn them, i just like the game, some may not, but i think its great.
I like football. I learnt the main rules fairly quickly, it's hardly rocket science.
Old Apr 4th 2007, 2:16 am
Arrogant ****

I'm so glad you're not calling me stupid (it was a joke, by the way).

If we assume that the gorillas that play the game actually know the rules, they've got to be pretty damned simple!
Old Apr 4th 2007, 5:36 am
PHX
Just Joined

PHX is an unknown quantity at this point

Simple, the sport is boring.