Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

Why do Americans drink warm beer?

Why do Americans drink warm beer?

Old Jun 22nd 2010, 11:55 pm
He/him

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute
Default Why do Americans drink warm beer?

Odd that there is a believe in America that the British drink warm beer, when the only place I ever have to put up with it is in America.

I am of course talking about cask beer.

A lot of the pubs I have been to dont keep there beer in the cellar and its horrible in the summer.
Old Jun 23rd 2010, 1:54 am
Septic Sprout

tonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Why do Americans drink warm beer?

Originally Posted by kimilseung
Odd that there is a believe in America that the British drink warm beer, when the only place I ever have to put up with it is in America.

A lot of the pubs I have been to dont keep there beer in the cellar and its horrible in the summer.
Because they have absolutely no clue what cask beer is or how to serve it? There are currently only about 500 outlets in the country that serve it, and some of those only serve one pin every second Tuesday which the local beer geeks drain in two hours flat. Have you seen the average US barkeep try to serve a pint through a swan neck (even without a sparkler)? Beer GBH is the most polite way to describe that spectacle - even in "Brewpubs" that you'd think were trying to market themselves based upon the quality of their beer!

A big problem with American cask beer is that it's marketed towards the local beer geeks with no common sense applied whatsoever. Why the hell do you stick an 8+% "oak aged" IPA on cask when you have a 5% ESB absolutely screaming for it. Beggars belief. Arseholes.

Last edited by tonrob; Jun 23rd 2010 at 2:18 am.
Old Jun 23rd 2010, 3:31 am
Boomshacalaca!!

Tarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond repute

.....because its kidney filtered.

....because Lucas is used in the refrigerator?? - Oh wait, that's us.
Old Jun 23rd 2010, 1:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

CelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tonrob
Because they have absolutely no clue what cask beer is or how to serve it? There are currently only about 500 outlets in the country that serve it, and some of those only serve one pin every second Tuesday which the local beer geeks drain in two hours flat. Have you seen the average US barkeep try to serve a pint through a swan neck (even without a sparkler)? Beer GBH is the most polite way to describe that spectacle - even in "Brewpubs" that you'd think were trying to market themselves based upon the quality of their beer!

A big problem with American cask beer is that it's marketed towards the local beer geeks with no common sense applied whatsoever. Why the hell do you stick an 8+% "oak aged" IPA on cask when you have a 5% ESB absolutely screaming for it. Beggars belief. Arseholes.
Originally Posted by Tarkak9
.....because its kidney filtered.

....because Lucas is used in the refrigerator?? - Oh wait, that's us.
I don't always drink beer, but when I do........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QI58wj4b4g0
Old Jun 23rd 2010, 7:47 pm
Banned

oi.oi is an unknown quantity at this point

I just gave in and started drinking liquor
Old Jun 23rd 2010, 8:20 pm
Not around much..

SDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond repute

See what you did...Tonrob is mad already...

And he's right...it sucks!!