Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

Why it is a bad idea to text in the Cinema.

Why it is a bad idea to text in the Cinema.

Old Jan 15th 2014, 4:42 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Why it is a bad idea to text in the Cinema.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/texting-tri...ry?id=21517988

To be fair he was it seems attacked with popcorn.
Old Jan 15th 2014, 4:48 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Why it is a bad idea to text in the Cinema.

Originally Posted by Boiler
http://abcnews.go.com/US/texting-tri...ry?id=21517988

To be fair he was it seems attacked with popcorn.
It was a retired 71 yr old police officer, who, after getting no help from the theatre manager decided to sort it out himself, and shot and killed one person and injured the other.
That is, of course, why Americaan people have the right to bear arms..
Old Jan 15th 2014, 4:53 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

sir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond repute

The sad thing is that I see most of the conversation being about smartphone use rather than the fact that a supposedly responsible gun owner thinks his gun is a suitable way of solving the argument.
Old Jan 15th 2014, 4:55 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mikelincs
It was a retired 71 yr old police officer, who, after getting no help from the theatre manager decided to sort it out himself, and shot and killed one person and injured the other.
That is, of course, why Americaan people have the right to bear arms..
There is no excuse for shooting someone under those circumstances, period. ..... But one adult throwing popcorn at another is not exactly a good idea either.
Old Jan 15th 2014, 5:08 pm
Account Closed

There was mention that guns were banned in this Cinema, nothing about Mobiles but I presume there was a sign saying to turn them off.
Old Jan 15th 2014, 5:20 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

There was mention that guns were banned in this cinema, nothing about Mobiles but I presume there was a sign saying to turn them off.
Isn't it strange how often shootings take place in locations where guns are banned: schools, college campuses, cinemas?
Old Jan 15th 2014, 5:22 pm
Account Closed

Perhaps they should pat down all customers.

If it was a nice young lady, I would pay an extra buck.
Old Jan 15th 2014, 5:26 pm
Rootbeeraholic

Bink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pulaski
There is no excuse for shooting someone under those circumstances, period. ..... But one adult throwing popcorn at another is not exactly a good idea either.
It's a ludicrous situation and exactly why guns shouldn't be allowed to be carried IMO. Very sad and an awful waste of a life.

This is the first time I've heard (not that I've paid that much attention tbh) that he left the theater and came back in. Begs the question as to whether he went to get his gun...
Old Jan 15th 2014, 5:30 pm
Account Closed

Uncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond repute

I remember the days when there used to be stewards with torches in the cinemas in the UK. They sat at the back and helped show you to a vacant seat and also they came down and told people off who were making noise or not behaving during the film.

Apparently they need to bring them in America but armed with a gun instead of a torch.

Good luck trying to find a manager in an American cinema. Theres not even a person monitoring the projector anymore, its all automated. $$$$
Old Jan 15th 2014, 5:30 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

sir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond repute

There was mention that guns were banned in this Cinema, nothing about Mobiles but I presume there was a sign saying to turn them off.
My understanding of the story is that this happened before the movie started.
Old Jan 15th 2014, 5:32 pm

Originally Posted by Bink
..... This is the first time I've heard (not that I've paid that much attention tbh) that he left the theater and came back in. Begs the question as to whether he went to get his gun...
I first thought that too, but the radio reports I've heard and coverage I've read seem to say he went to speak to the/a manager who was busy with someone else and was unable to/ didn't speak to the gunman.

Originally Posted by sir_eccles
My understanding of the story is that this happened before the movie started.
Yes, but it was during the trailers, I believe.

Last edited by Pulaski; Jan 15th 2014 at 5:35 pm.
Old Jan 15th 2014, 5:32 pm
Account Closed

It is unclear if he went outside, supposedly wanted to go see the manger who was otherwise engaged.
Old Jan 15th 2014, 5:43 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Pulaski
Yes, but it was during the trailers, I believe.
Ok, totally the victim's fault then.
Old Jan 15th 2014, 5:45 pm
Account Closed

I was dragged to see 47 Ronin, the Trailers were the best bit.
Old Jan 15th 2014, 5:45 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I was dragged to see 47 Ronin, the Trailers were the best bit.
Fair point.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.