Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

Who remembers the tea trolly?

Who remembers the tea trolly?

Old Aug 15th 2007, 3:20 am
BE Forum Addict

frrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond repute
Default Who remembers the tea trolly?

wow, more wonderful memories. tea or coffee, Club biscuits.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/6947212.stm

Frank R.
Old Aug 15th 2007, 3:43 am
BE Forum Addict

Patrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Who remembers the tea trolly?

I remember the tea trolly on compartment trains

My Dad would always buy frim it on our journeys to and from Holyhead in the summer holidays
Old Aug 15th 2007, 3:47 am
BE Forum Addict

frrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Patrick Hasler
I remember the tea trolly on compartment trains

My Dad would always buy frim it on our journeys to and from Holyhead in the summer holidays
Every office or even factories had a tea lady, they pushed a trolley around, they always had biscuits.
Reg. Frank R.
Old Aug 15th 2007, 3:54 am

Redlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really nice

I remember these
Old Aug 15th 2007, 4:35 am
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

I'd love this at work, only place I've seen it is on planes and trains (yes, trains in the US, Amtrak).
Old Aug 15th 2007, 5:56 am
Senior Moment

Sarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond repute

I worked as a temp for Vauxhall once. They had a full kitchen and a tea trolley still going. It was fantastic, tea and coffee was free as was the milk to put in it and for 99p you got a big bacon butty to go with it.

Why do they never publicise or do research about what office workers in America want? Because I'd bet it isn't 5 days holiday every 25 years and hawaiian shirt Fridays.
Old Aug 15th 2007, 12:53 pm

Redlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really nice

I loved our tea ladies. They were always good for a laugh and a bit of company gossip
Old Aug 15th 2007, 1:03 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Duncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond repute

Last Friday they had an ice cream day at work. They got a bunch of ice cream and stuck it in an old fashioned cart along with all the trimmings. In the middle of the afternoon one of the office staff decided to push it round the office ringing a bell. It was then I wished for a daily tea lady!

One other thing I want to bring back..the interval at the movies. After all the previews and stuff, interval and an usher with a tray of choc ices and mini tubs of ice cream and a wooden "spoon". I used to love that!
Old Aug 15th 2007, 1:24 pm
Slight chance of Showers

dan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sarah
I worked as a temp for Vauxhall once. They had a full kitchen and a tea trolley still going. It was fantastic, tea and coffee was free as was the milk to put in it and for 99p you got a big bacon butty to go with it.

Why do they never publicise or do research about what office workers in America want? Because I'd bet it isn't 5 days holiday every 25 years and hawaiian shirt Fridays.
Get Back to work! You know you should be feeling guilty that you aren't working the weekends . You know you are a valuable "Human" resource to your company and you are letting it down. Your company does so much for you and who would want to be away from that nurturing kind and compassionate environment? Besides more than 5 days holiday a year is Communist thinking and unpatriotic!
Old Aug 15th 2007, 1:27 pm

Originally Posted by dan_alford
Get Back to work! You know you should be feeling guilty that you aren't working the weekends . You know you are a valuable "Human" resource to your company and you are letting it down. Your company does so much for you and who would want to be away from that nurturing kind and compassionate environment? Besides more than 5 days holiday a year is Communist thinking and unpatriotic!
Yes Big Brother.
Old Aug 15th 2007, 1:28 pm
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dan_alford
Karma for that!

I have fond memories of the tea trolley at British Steel in Corby... far more so than the actual job itself in fact.
Old Aug 15th 2007, 1:29 pm
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by frrussre

Frank R.

coffee tea or me
Old Aug 15th 2007, 1:34 pm
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by frrussre

Frank R.
our tea lady in the bank in liverpool was called cissy and she'd come around with her trolley shouting in her best scouse accent 'ave yews all had yers tea'

she knew all the gossip and we loved her
Old Aug 15th 2007, 1:35 pm
Slight chance of Showers

dan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond repute

We never did have a tea trolley but I do remember that people used to take turns making tea/coffee for everyone, just like buying a round at the pub.
Old Aug 15th 2007, 1:35 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

britvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TruBrit
coffee tea or me
was that your chat up line ? Mine was "yes Sir what can I do for ya" happy days

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.