Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

Where to go to in Mexico?

Where to go to in Mexico?

Old May 4th 2008, 5:33 am
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Where to go to in Mexico?

Originally Posted by Folinskyinla

I did one vacation in Mexico City. [BTW, when you see destination signs for "Mexico" it means "Mexico City."] Never again, I much prefer small cities, like New York. I also prefer cities which have clean pristine air, like Los Angeles.
like it.........
Old May 4th 2008, 6:32 am

anabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond repute

BTW, it really helps if you have at least a rudimentary knowledge of Spanish outside of the resort areas. And even in the resort areas, it pays to remember that you are NOT in a developed country in the sense of the UK or the US.
My Spanish is decent
Old May 4th 2008, 12:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

Patrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond repute

'Saywattaneya' if it is spelled that way

Don't know if it exists really but it sounds so nice on 'The Shawshank Redemption' I would love to see it
Old May 4th 2008, 12:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

Patrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by anabella
My Spanish is decent

I would imagine you being Spanish does that for you

Old May 4th 2008, 12:59 pm
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

The Mayan Riviera is developing now if you don't want the hotel strip thing of Cancun.

Plus they have some Adults Only (which means nobody under the age of 18) places now, some with spas, always a nice treat.
Old May 4th 2008, 4:28 pm

anabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cindyabs
The Mayan Riviera is developing now if you don't want the hotel strip thing of Cancun.

Plus they have some Adults Only (which means nobody under the age of 18) places now, some with spas, always a nice treat.
I'm glad you mentioned that.. I'd read about the adult only somewhere and didnt know what to make of it..
Old May 4th 2008, 4:58 pm
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

I'm glad you mentioned that.. I'd read about the adult only somewhere and didnt know what to make of it..
Yes well, if you mean adult-nudge, nudge, wink, wink, that would be the Hedonism Resorts in Jamaica.
Old May 4th 2008, 5:03 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cindyabs
Yes well, if you mean adult-nudge, nudge, wink, wink, that would be the Hedonism Resorts in Jamaica.
AAAH ..she would like that ......
Old May 4th 2008, 7:38 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Which side of the US are you coming from? If it makes a difference in price.
I don't like the mega resorts (Cancun) etc, but that is a style thing--they make good jumping off points from a cheap flight in. The area Cindy mentions is the entire coast stretching south from Cancun and you can find all sorts of accommodations. That end of the country is considerably more tropical than the Pacific Coast. Playa del Carmen is still OK, and more European than American.

In Baja, consider the Sea of Cortez side between La Paz and San Jose instead of the Cabos. Having loved it so much in the early 90s, I'd have to call it a nightmare now.
We just spent December in Sonora state, driving over from AZ. Beautiful beaches, like the Baja. Lots of cactus!
Old May 4th 2008, 7:39 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Patrick Hasler
'Saywattaneya' if it is spelled that way

Don't know if it exists really but it sounds so nice on 'The Shawshank Redemption' I would love to see it
Zihuatanejo?
Pacific Coast, very nice.
Old May 4th 2008, 8:42 pm
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by meauxna

In Baja, consider the Sea of Cortez side between La Paz and San Jose instead of the Cabos. Having loved it so much in the early 90s, I'd have to call it a nightmare now.
We just spent December in Sonora state, driving over from AZ. Beautiful beaches, like the Baja. Lots of cactus!
Hi:

Gulf of California/Sea of Cortez is wonderful in the winter. It is NOT recommended in the summer unless you spend your time on the water fishing. I can't speak from personal experience, but that is what friends have told me.
Old May 4th 2008, 9:06 pm

Originally Posted by meauxna
Which side of the US are you coming from? If it makes a difference in price.
I don't like the mega resorts (Cancun) etc, but that is a style thing--they make good jumping off points from a cheap flight in. The area Cindy mentions is the entire coast stretching south from Cancun and you can find all sorts of accommodations. That end of the country is considerably more tropical than the Pacific Coast. Playa del Carmen is still OK, and more European than American.

I'm in CO..
Old May 4th 2008, 9:11 pm

Hi:

Gulf of California/Sea of Cortez is wonderful in the winter. It is NOT recommended in the summer unless you spend your time on the water fishing. I can't speak from personal experience, but that is what friends have told me.
hmmm. I should have mentioned that I'm a diver?
The end of May should be just about perfect temps for top side diversions. We were in La Paz with the boat last March and the water was still too cold for my liking and the air temp could have been just that much warmer.
Late Sept/early October used to be my fav time to visit there but you have to remember the difference between my 'normal' temps and yours--you're spoiled all the time.
Old May 5th 2008, 1:56 pm

Does hurracan season affect the Caribean part of Mexico? Cause that's about this month, isn't it?
Old May 5th 2008, 3:53 pm

Does hurracan season affect the Caribean part of Mexico? Cause that's about this month, isn't it?
Technically yes, but it's early. Odds of avoiding a storm are better in the spring than the fall.
You might look at Akumal, Tulum area or Isla Mujeres. Actually there are a lot of nice resort areas along the 'Costa Maya' now.. I used to live down that way so it is one of my more favorites.
Ahhh.... white coral sand beaches, warm waters... very chill.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.