Wikiposts

When in Rome...

Old Mar 20th 2014, 3:17 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: When in Rome...

Originally Posted by Elvira
Rushman, Angry White Pyjamas, Thydney... - where are they all...
I think they're all on Facebook now...
Old Mar 20th 2014, 3:23 pm
Banned

ellegiselle is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter
Just a cross troll.

I get the impression she doesn't like the British.

Civilisation in Putney? Not Skegness then.
I leave you on this note: I have been to the UK 5 times. I married and am still married to a Brit. It's not that I don't like you dears. I'm just hugely disappointed. Call me a troll, attack me-I feel like I've entered a chat room full of rednecks. I just never expected that Brits would become the obnoxious immigrants they hated. I thought more highly of you as a culture and a group. I guess there are idiots everywhere. I'm off to bed, hope you all enjoy feasting on my remains!
Old Mar 20th 2014, 3:24 pm
Banned

ellegiselle is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by markonline1
Eeeerm....... You did about 7 pages ago.
No. I didn't. Please re-read. I'm not that low brow.
Old Mar 20th 2014, 3:28 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ellegiselle
I leave you on this note: I have been to the UK 5 times. I married and am still married to a Brit. It's not that I don't like you dears. I'm just hugely disappointed. Call me a troll, attack me-I feel like I've entered a chat room full of rednecks. I just never expected that Brits would become the obnoxious immigrants they hated. I thought more highly of you as a culture and a group. I guess there are idiots everywhere. I'm off to bed, hope you all enjoy feasting on my remains!
How quaint! You've been to the UK 5 times, wow! And you can judge? I'm betting your the epitome of the quintessential redneck that I am surrounded by here in the good ole Pacific Northwest!
Old Mar 20th 2014, 3:29 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ellegiselle
No. I didn't. Please re-read. I'm not that low brow.
But the Lowbrow art movement is an American thing. It's one of your cultures, you should be proud.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lowbrow_(art_movement)
Old Mar 20th 2014, 3:31 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AmerLisa
How quaint! You've been to the UK 5 times, wow! And you can judge? I'm betting your the epitome of the quintessential redneck that I am surrounded by here in the good ole Pacific Northwest!

Can I post the youtube link to The Lumberjack song yet? Please?
Old Mar 20th 2014, 3:33 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

But the Lowbrow art movement is an American thing. It's one of your cultures, you should be proud.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lowbrow_(art_movement)
Your link is broken.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lowbrow_(art_movement)

Last edited by Pulaski; Mar 20th 2014 at 3:35 pm.
Old Mar 20th 2014, 3:33 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Can I post the youtube link to The Lumberjack song yet? Please?
Old Mar 20th 2014, 3:38 pm

Originally Posted by Pulaski
I'm too lowbrow to get it right, sorry.
Old Mar 20th 2014, 3:40 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

One thing that has been grating on me lately is that more and more of the Brits I meet- ncluding my husband have an attitude about Americans
It may be that those you have met of late have an attitude to your attitude. Perhaps your husband is over it too.

Just a supposition on my part of course. However, if it helps for you to have an anonymous rant here, then that is fine if somewhat bemusing. We can all take it & more but excuse us if we do not take you seriously as an example of all Americans, from whichever state they originate.

Personally, I work on a person by person basis, regardless of nationality. It's all in the who , not in the where.

Based on your posts, had I met you and so your preconceptions of a British person, I would have either told you straight or made my excuses not to be in your company.

From what you have written, you have been encountering this. Perhaps time to look in the mirror a little.

Just a little suggestion from a migrant far away across the seas.
Old Mar 20th 2014, 3:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

markonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BEVS
It may be that those you have met of late have an attitude to your attitude. Perhaps your husband is over it too.
Hit the nail on the head there!
Old Mar 20th 2014, 3:44 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by BEVS

Just a supposition on my part of course. However, if it helps for you to have an anonymous rant here, then that is fine if somewhat bemusing. We can all take it & more but excuse us if we do not take you seriously as an example of all Americans, from whichever state they originate.

Personally, I work on a person by person basis, regardless of nationality. It's all in the who , not in the where.

Based on your posts, had I met you and so your preconceptions of a British person, I would have either told you straight or made my excuses not to be in your company.

From what you have written, you have been encountering this. Perhaps time to look in the mirror a little.

Just a little suggestion from a migrant far away across the seas.

Old Mar 20th 2014, 3:50 pm
He/him

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

Bit early in the PNW for bed isn't it? Still plenty of G'n'T time wat wat.
Old Mar 20th 2014, 3:51 pm
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kimilseung
Maybe she'd better have an early night though - seems a bit feverish to me...
Old Mar 20th 2014, 4:08 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by kimilseung
True.
I think it would only be 9pm Thursday there ?

Perhaps husband came to see what the rattle of the keyboard was all about.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.