Reload this Page >

when/how to receive interview date

when/how to receive interview date

Old Feb 4th 2008, 9:36 am
Just Joined

Lucy1979 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default when/how to receive interview date

Hello,
My husband (UKC) and I (USC) sent in the letter to the US embassy in London 2.5 weeks ago telling them we were ready for an interview (after having the medical, police check etc etc). I thought we would have received a letter by now with our interview date...but nada.
How long are people waiting to receive the letter with an interview date after sending in the 'we are ready' letter to the embassy in London? Also, will we definitely receive a letter with the interview date (or do we have to call the embassy hotline to make an appointment over the phone?)
Thanks for any insight as am getting impatient!
Lucy1979
Old Feb 4th 2008, 12:26 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: when/how to receive interview date

Originally Posted by Lucy1979
How long are people waiting to receive the letter with an interview date after sending in the 'we are ready' letter to the embassy in London?
I'd give it about 8 weeks or so before you get any response.

Also, will we definitely receive a letter with the interview date (or do we have to call the embassy hotline to make an appointment over the phone?)
Yes, you will get a letter.

Thanks for any insight as am getting impatient!
Your being impatient will not speed up the process any... and is a huge waste of time and energy on your part. With respect to immigration, nothing moves quickly.

Ian
Old Feb 4th 2008, 12:32 pm
Just Joined

Thanks - 8 weeks, wow! Have others experienced an 8 week wait to get an interview date in London? I have read on here people have gotten a letter within 2 weeks of sending the 'we are ready' letter.
Cheers
Old Feb 4th 2008, 12:40 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Have others experienced an 8 week wait to get an interview date in London?
Yes, some have.

I have read on here people have gotten a letter within 2 weeks of sending the 'we are ready' letter.
Yes, some have.

The point here, is that you can not make any sort of determination of how soon you will get a letter based on when someone else got a letter. There is no consistency.

Ian
Old Feb 4th 2008, 12:41 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks - 8 weeks, wow! Have others experienced an 8 week wait to get an interview date in London? I have read on here people have gotten a letter within 2 weeks of sending the 'we are ready' letter.
Cheers

Waiting times will vary according to season and other reasons. Summer and Christmas as the longest waiting times and extend that through January because they are backlogged from the holiday season. You will hear, most probably, by the end of February for a March/April interview date.
Old Feb 4th 2008, 3:27 pm
Just Joined

Thanks!! I'll await that all important letter patiently!
Cheers
Old Feb 6th 2008, 8:00 pm
Forum Regular

cruickies is a name known to allcruickies is a name known to allcruickies is a name known to allcruickies is a name known to allcruickies is a name known to allcruickies is a name known to allcruickies is a name known to allcruickies is a name known to allcruickies is a name known to allcruickies is a name known to allcruickies is a name known to all

Cheers
We sent our letter 8 Jan, got response on 17, with Interview at the mebassy on 31st! I did read somewhere on this forum that the quickness of their response is based on the date that you said you planned to travel to the US. In a recent case someone had said on the form that they planned to go on some far off date and they waited months before finally contacting the embassy directly. On my form I put ASAP and that seemed to work!
Good luck.
Old Feb 7th 2008, 1:25 am
BE Enthusiast

AlanR has a reputation beyond reputeAlanR has a reputation beyond reputeAlanR has a reputation beyond reputeAlanR has a reputation beyond reputeAlanR has a reputation beyond reputeAlanR has a reputation beyond reputeAlanR has a reputation beyond reputeAlanR has a reputation beyond reputeAlanR has a reputation beyond reputeAlanR has a reputation beyond reputeAlanR has a reputation beyond repute

Cheers
You can consider yourself lucky if it's 8 weeks in 2008. In 2003 we applied in April and had an interview date in September (with a postponed wedding ceremony in August!). Finally got married in October 2003.
Old Feb 12th 2008, 12:19 pm
Just Joined

Tea and Toast is just really niceTea and Toast is just really niceTea and Toast is just really niceTea and Toast is just really niceTea and Toast is just really niceTea and Toast is just really niceTea and Toast is just really niceTea and Toast is just really nice

Lucy,

I sent my forms off about a week after you. As I'm also on tenterhooks waiting to receive my interview date, I would really appreciate it if you would add a note on here when you receive yours! Then I can start getting excited and stop trying not to think about it!!

Thanks so much!
Old Feb 12th 2008, 12:31 pm
Just Joined

Hi Tea and Toast! (liking the name!
Will def put an update on here when I receive 'that' letter!! V frustrating but at least the sun is shining!
Old Feb 14th 2008, 3:01 pm
Just Joined

Jill470 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Tea and Toast! (liking the name!
Will def put an update on here when I receive 'that' letter!! V frustrating but at least the sun is shining!
Hi there,

Sent my "I am ready letter" on 31 January. My medical is on 15 February and my interview 26 February.

Hope your letter arrives very soon,
Good luck
Jill470
Old Feb 14th 2008, 4:02 pm
Just Joined

Ynara is an unknown quantity at this point

It seems like there is no pattern to how long they take to get back to you, or how long you interview will be after that. I sent my readiness statement off Jan 24th, got a letter back Feb 13th saying my interview is March 14th. I wish it was sooner, waah!
Old Mar 5th 2008, 9:19 am
Just Joined

hello!
I posted this Q a month or so ago - and finally we have an interview date! There was some mistake in the system I believe (the embassy apparently sent out an interview date which we never received, and it was before our checklist was received by the embassy!) Anyhow, after emailing them and waiting almost two weeks for a reply, they emailed this morning to say an interview date has now been set for two weeks time!! This is amazing and am so happy - and very proud that I managed to be patient (ish!) (did call the call center last week I must admit!)
Thanks to everyone who responded to my message!! Now I will just have to check out the threads on interviews!!!
Old Mar 5th 2008, 1:37 pm
Forum Regular

dagenham-dave is just really nicedagenham-dave is just really nicedagenham-dave is just really nicedagenham-dave is just really nicedagenham-dave is just really nicedagenham-dave is just really nicedagenham-dave is just really nicedagenham-dave is just really nicedagenham-dave is just really nice

hello!
I posted this Q a month or so ago - and finally we have an interview date! There was some mistake in the system I believe (the embassy apparently sent out an interview date which we never received, and it was before our checklist was received by the embassy!) Anyhow, after emailing them and waiting almost two weeks for a reply, they emailed this morning to say an interview date has now been set for two weeks time!! This is amazing and am so happy - and very proud that I managed to be patient (ish!) (did call the call center last week I must admit!)
Thanks to everyone who responded to my message!! Now I will just have to check out the threads on interviews!!!
Hi!

Me and my partner are in the same situation you were in. We sent off the ready for interview letter on the 18th Feb, still waiting on a reply now. Just out of curiosity, what was the email address you used to contact the Embassy?

Thanks!
Old Mar 5th 2008, 1:46 pm
Just Joined

Hi Dagenham Dave!
Know the wait is frustrating! I first called the Embassy call center (up in Scotland -telephone: 09042-450100. Calls to this line are charged at £1.20/min from BT landlines).

They can confirm if the embassy got the forms etc. If they think there is something not correct in the system, they will give you this email address: [email protected] - but the key is that they give you a reference number that the embassy will recognize- this reference number changes weekly. They should then reply to your email within 3-4 business days (or so they say!)
Good luck and hope this helps!