Whats next????

Old Feb 20th 2008, 3:11 pm
Forum Regular

burrenbabe is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Whats next????

Hi

Im not too good at remembering all the names for the forms and the abbreviations that people use so Im just posting my own query here again as I cannot find one close to what I want to know and my own circumstances;

My husband is in NYC and I am in N. Ireland. We got married 30th June 07, he went straight back to USA and filed I130 then with the help of a lady from an Irish Immigration organisation, he filed (just about 10 days ago) the I864 and D230. (at least I am fairly sure that is what they were - they included information about me and my daughter, schools I attended, familial history and my husbands tax returns and info on where we would live etc in USA).

What I want to know really is, what happens now? I know that I have to go for a medical with my daughter and an interview (both in London) but thats all I know.

Can anyone tell me the rough timeline from now until medical/interview and should I be using this time to get any other information for either the medical or interview? Will I be asked to bring anything to the interview as proof of who we are or our relationship or medical history for the medical? Are there things I could be getting sorted now for either the medical or interview so that there are no more delays than necessary? (forseeable ones anyway..?)

Thanks in advance for any info. xx
Old Feb 20th 2008, 3:27 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Whats next????

I'm not sure of the timeline part, but you will need a police report for sure. If you haven't gotten that yet, you should do it now, it takes about 6 weeks to receive, from what I hear.

You will have to wait until you receive the package from the embassy in the UK with instructions on getting your medical done. There will be a checklist included, and when you have everything on the checklist, you can return it, and they will set up an interview date for you.

Best Wishes,
Rene
Old Feb 20th 2008, 3:31 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Noorah101
I'm not sure of the timeline part, but you will need a police report for sure. If you haven't gotten that yet, you should do it now, it takes about 6 weeks to receive, from what I hear.

You will have to wait until you receive the package from the embassy in the UK with instructions on getting your medical done. There will be a checklist included, and when you have everything on the checklist, you can return it, and they will set up an interview date for you.

Best Wishes,
Rene
I have already sent them the police report, copies of our passports with the forms. Whats on the checklist - is it different for everyone? Are there standard things I could gather now?
Old Feb 20th 2008, 3:36 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by burrenbabe
I have already sent them the police report, copies of our passports with the forms. Whats on the checklist - is it different for everyone? Are there standard things I could gather now?
The checklist is the same for everyone.

You sent the police report to whom? I don't think the police report is to be shown until your interview. Copies of passports with what forms? According to your post, you aren't at the stage yet where YOU need to return anything to the US embassy.

Rene
Old Feb 20th 2008, 3:40 pm
Forum Regular

The checklist is the same for everyone.

You sent the police report to whom? I don't think the police report is to be shown until your interview. Copies of passports with what forms? According to your post, you aren't at the stage yet where YOU need to return anything to the US embassy.

Rene
My husband and I got help from a lady in an Immigration Centre in NYC. She helped my husband fill out all the forms and she asked me to send her copies of the police report and front page of our passports?? My husband then sent the completed forms to the centre in USA - whi apparently send it to London???
Old Feb 20th 2008, 3:42 pm
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

...........I know that I have to go for a medical with my daughter and an interview (both in London) but thats all I know. ......xx
Do you have the father's permission - or a court order - for her to move to the US?
Old Feb 20th 2008, 3:43 pm

My husband and I got help from a lady in an Immigration Centre in NYC. She helped my husband fill out all the forms and she asked me to send her copies of the police report and front page of our passports?? My husband then sent the completed forms to the centre in USA - whi apparently send it to London???
In that case, I guess all you are waiting for now is a notice from London, with the checklist. I'm not exactly sure what's on the checklist, but I know the police report was one important things, and you've got that. There should also be instructions for your medical in the package you receive, so you sound good to go.

Rene
Old Feb 20th 2008, 4:07 pm

This might be of help to you, also: http://www.usembassy.org.uk/cons_new...iv/ds2001.html

Rene
Old Feb 20th 2008, 4:44 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

This might be of help to you, also: http://www.usembassy.org.uk/cons_new...iv/ds2001.html

Rene
You're a star, Rene.
Old Feb 21st 2008, 9:18 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Elvira
Do you have the father's permission - or a court order - for her to move to the US?
My daughter's father has never been in the picture - he is not on the birth cert and has never had contact so his permission was neither sought nor needed.
Old Feb 21st 2008, 11:17 am
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

My daughter's father has never been in the picture - he is not on the birth cert and has never had contact so his permission was neither sought nor needed.
Hi:

I would check it out. I can't speak for the particular situation, never having run across it. But in other legal contexts, your statement falls into the category of "famous last words." I strongly suggest you look into this. And the nice lady at the Irish Immigrant Aid situation may not know. Be SURE before the interview.

Even if there is no problem on the immigration score, there may be later problems if your husband ever wanted to do a step-parent adoption.
Old Feb 21st 2008, 11:58 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Folinskyinla
Hi:

I would check it out. I can't speak for the particular situation, never having run across it. But in other legal contexts, your statement falls into the category of "famous last words." I strongly suggest you look into this. And the nice lady at the Irish Immigrant Aid situation may not know. Be SURE before the interview.

Even if there is no problem on the immigration score, there may be later problems if your husband ever wanted to do a step-parent adoption.
I have already checked it out. If I wanted I could tell people that I don't know the father and there is not a thing anyone can do about it. I checked it out with a solicitor and basically they can't get blood out of a stone - when the father is not in the picture and never has been, then there is no way they can find out who the father is. The only way this could possibly be an issue is if his name were on the birth cert and he could therefore be traced, (but it's not) if they really wanted to, however the affidavid from me and my lawyer saying he isn't in the picture is deemed to be sufficient as they have no reason to doubt me and no evidence to the contrary.