Reload this Page >

Whats the first thing you did ?

Whats the first thing you did ?

Old Oct 17th 2014, 7:04 am
Just Joined

Gizzmondo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Whats the first thing you did ?

Hi

Im from not so sunny Yorkshire in the UK, just about to start the K1 visa application to be with my fiance in New Jersey, my next visit is planned from Boxing Day (26th Dec) and will spend New Year with her

I was just wondering for those that made the move what was the first fun thing you did to celebrate your move to your new home / state / country ?

Great forum by the way
Old Oct 17th 2014, 8:38 am
BE Enthusiast

fozzyb has a reputation beyond reputefozzyb has a reputation beyond reputefozzyb has a reputation beyond reputefozzyb has a reputation beyond reputefozzyb has a reputation beyond reputefozzyb has a reputation beyond reputefozzyb has a reputation beyond reputefozzyb has a reputation beyond reputefozzyb has a reputation beyond reputefozzyb has a reputation beyond reputefozzyb has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Whats the first thing you did ?

Bagels for breakfast, at an outdoor cafe, in Californian sunshine.
Thinking the day before when we left the UK it was snowing.
Old Oct 17th 2014, 8:43 am
Hoppity hop...

BunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gizzmondo
Hi

Im from not so sunny Yorkshire in the UK, just about to start the K1 visa application to be with my fiance in New Jersey, my next visit is planned from Boxing Day (26th Dec) and will spend New Year with her

I was just wondering for those that made the move what was the first fun thing you did to celebrate your move to your new home / state / country ?

Great forum by the way
I fly out on a K1 in 5 days and the first thing we're going to do is go and get our marriage license
Old Oct 17th 2014, 12:52 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BunnyGirl
I fly out on a K1 in 5 days and the first thing we're going to do is go and get our marriage license
Not shag like bunnies?

Welcome to BE to the OP!

We went and checked out a couple of apartments that the missus had lined up viewings. All very rock and roll.
Old Oct 17th 2014, 12:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

BubbleChog has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleChog has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleChog has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleChog has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleChog has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleChog has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleChog has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleChog has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleChog has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleChog has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleChog has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BunnyGirl
yup flew out on a K1 on a Tues, bought wedding rings on Weds, got married Thurs and then celebrated with sushi

Lx
Old Oct 17th 2014, 1:21 pm
Hoppity hop...

BunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
Not shag like bunnies?

Old Oct 17th 2014, 1:22 pm
Hoppity hop...

Originally Posted by BubbleChog
yup flew out on a K1 on a Tues, bought wedding rings on Weds, got married Thurs and then celebrated with sushi

Lx
We're celebrating at a British pub
Old Oct 17th 2014, 1:23 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

What Bob said, basically.

Other than that, we didn't really do much. I moved over on a Thursday, my wife had to work the next day. I think we probably went out for something to eat that weekend but it was nine years ago, all I can remember is demolishing a Dairy Milk once I got home from the airport because I was hungry
Old Oct 17th 2014, 1:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mrs Danvers has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Danvers has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Danvers has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Danvers has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Danvers has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Danvers has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Danvers has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Danvers has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Danvers has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Danvers has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Danvers has a reputation beyond repute

Mine was long long ago in 1999. I do remember getting breakfast from a Denny's the next day and in awe of how big it was. I had visited the USA before but never a Denny's. Some time later in the week I went to the social security office for a card and though I don't remember the details they were super nice and friendly which was not how I was told they were going to be.

I also remember getting my drivers license which they made me do a written test for but not the practical test.
Old Oct 17th 2014, 4:32 pm

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
Not shag like bunnies?
Probably need to get out the airport first.
Old Oct 17th 2014, 4:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

markonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond repute

Got picked up by the missus from the airport, then stopped off at our now regular mexican restaraunt for some celebratory margaritas.
Old Oct 17th 2014, 4:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

GeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond repute

Arrived at pregnant relative's house, got fed, went to bed. Woke up early the next morning to find that during the night she was no longer pregnant and so went out with the father to buy a car seat, got a PAYG phone contract, and then ended up looking after their 4-year-old as the father was exhausted from the night's activities (mother and daughter stayed in hospital a few days). Also got a bank account.

Then within the next week, AMEX transferred, new PC bought (I still use it 2.5 years later), SSN enquired and number given, and basically just started working.
Old Oct 17th 2014, 5:29 pm

Yorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lansbury
Probably need to get out the airport first.
If you're not allowed to use cellphones in the immigration hall, I'm sure displays of, ahem, "affection" would definitely be frowned upon!
Old Oct 17th 2014, 5:34 pm

Yorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond repute

We were staying with in-laws. Wife was almost 7 months pregnant, so the first thing we did was to go looking for an OBGYN. The first one was rejected before we even got to see him because his questionnaire had 1.5 pages of questions on STD's and sexual assaults, and 3 questions on pregnancy (have you had a test, how many periods have you missed and do you want to know the sex). Wife was already creeped out, then when the door opened and he appeared, looking like a cross between Marty Feldman and Eddie Murphy she got out of there as fast as she could waddle!
Old Oct 17th 2014, 5:38 pm

Originally Posted by Mrs Danvers
I do remember getting breakfast from a Denny's the next day and in awe of how big it was. I had visited the USA before but never a Denny's.
I remember having Denny's for breakfast just about every day when we were here on vacation in 1979 and they were huge. Then when we moved here in 2002, I recall being phenomenally upset that I had to choose between bacon OR sausage
I also remember just about every restaurant plonked down a little bowl of salad with 1000 island dressing before you'd ordered, so you could eat it while you perused the menu - what happened to that?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.