Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

What Are You Reading?

What Are You Reading?

Old Nov 29th 2006, 5:16 pm
Banned

Lord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What Are You Reading?

Originally Posted by Sally
Yin and Yang...Darth Vader and Obi Wan...Popeye and Brutus...
PMSL, no wonder she disliked Crime & Punishment.
Old Nov 29th 2006, 5:18 pm
Account Closed

Rushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really nice

Originally Posted by Sarah
I know! The idea that you would ever finish a book is astounding to me too!
Spoken like a true "Confident Woamn"
Old Nov 29th 2006, 5:29 pm
who turned out the light?

Irn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lionheart
PMSL, no wonder she disliked Crime & Punishment.
did I say I dislike it
and you are obviously not going to answer my previous post as there is no explanation for your post of no 40.
FYI I am not trying to be clever just nice. (though you make that difficult) .
I thought we were in the middle of a reasonable debate then you just threw insults at me from nowhere. But then that says a lot more about you than me!
Old Nov 29th 2006, 5:31 pm
Banned

Lord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by irnbru4u
did I say I dislike it
and you are obviously not going to answer my previous post as there is no explanation for your post of no 40.
FYI I am not trying to be clever just nice. (though you make that difficult) .
I thought we were in the middle of a reasonable debate then you just threw insults at me from nowhere. But then that says a lot more about you than me!
FFS ask Sally, she got the joke
Old Nov 29th 2006, 5:34 pm
Account Closed

Rushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really nice

I came in here to see what people are reading and seem to have stumbled upon the "Lionhearts guide to making friends and influencing people" thread.
Old Nov 29th 2006, 5:42 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Rushman
I came in here to see what people are reading and seem to have stumbled upon the "Lionhearts guide to making friends and influencing people" thread.
More jealousy, no wonder you changed your signature from naturally abrasive.
Pfffffffttttt, you're 400 grit to my 60 grit
Old Nov 29th 2006, 6:17 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Englishmum
Just wondering what books you lot are reading at the moment.

I'm currently reading the paperback of "A Short History of Tractors in Ukrainian" which I bought in Waterstone's as a 3 books for the price of 2 offer. (It was no. 1 in the top 20 of paperbacks in W H Smiths and Waterstone's when I was recently back home.)

It's v. funny.

http://www.amazon.com/Short-History-...e=UTF8&s=books
A friend gave me this book - I found that I was skimming over large sections...don't know why, but i didnt enjoy it at all.

I'm a student, so borrow books these days, and mainly do my reading over the holidays. My most recent read was called something like "the history of California", all about the California that was ie before the yanks.

Last edited by Ozzidoc; Nov 29th 2006 at 6:27 pm.
Old Nov 29th 2006, 7:02 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by lionheart
More jealousy, no wonder you changed your signature from naturally abrasive.
Pfffffffttttt, you're 400 grit to my 60 grit
I've seen silk knickers more abrasive than you....lightweight.
Old Nov 29th 2006, 9:23 pm
Cheeky member

Ransi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond repute

Aunt Muriels's knitting bonanza.
Old Nov 30th 2006, 12:28 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Rushman
I've seen silk knickers more abrasive than you....lightweight.
Probably because those knickers you bought from a market stall down the Old Kent Road were actually polyester............... ABA strawweight.
Old Nov 30th 2006, 2:33 am
BE Forum Addict

nethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond repute

Almost finished Heart & Hands - A midwife's guide to pregnancy and Childbirth, by Elizabeth Davis, and have just started Birth as an American Rite of Passage by Robbie E. Davis-Floyd. Hope the rest of the book isn't as dry as the intro or I'm not sure I'll finish it.
Old Nov 30th 2006, 3:01 am
Who?

jumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nethead
Almost finished Heart & Hands - A midwife's guide to pregnancy and Childbirth, by Elizabeth Davis, and have just started Birth as an American Rite of Passage by Robbie E. Davis-Floyd. Hope the rest of the book isn't as dry as the intro or I'm not sure I'll finish it.
Have you read "Spiritual Midwifery" by Ina May Gaskin, one of the Tennessee lay midwives?
Old Nov 30th 2006, 3:13 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Zylon B and its home uses .........
Old Nov 30th 2006, 3:15 am

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute

Jeremy Clarkson-I know you got soul.
Old Nov 30th 2006, 3:37 am
BE Forum Addict

nethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jumping doris
Have you read "Spiritual Midwifery" by Ina May Gaskin, one of the Tennessee lay midwives?
Yes, love some of the stories although have to get passed the 70's style language

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.