Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

What would your next step be..?

What would your next step be..?

Old Sep 26th 2009, 4:43 am
Arrogant ****

dbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What would your next step be..?

Originally Posted by sambapink
When I did the piss poor training it was to learn more about US taxes. At this point we thought the problem had been fixed. It was during that training course that I was introduced to the the so called 'expert' on ITIN's after I had discovered that infact it hadn't been fixed. She promised that the problem would be fixed and I had no reason at that point to dis believe her. Naive? Absolutely.

I thoroughly enjoyed the piss poor course - not just because I was learning something new but because I got to meet new people and expand my horizons in a new country. I met alot of people who were excellent at what they did, and when the offer arrived I thought it would be a good opportunity for me to join them. Again naively, I thought I could keep the two issues seperate. Which as it turns out wasn't the case.

Please don't waste your emotions on being bloody outraged. I think I'm covering that for the two of us.
Did you prepare taxes for anyone while you were working there, after the "piss poor training"?
Old Sep 26th 2009, 4:45 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

sambapink, have you filed an amended return since getting the ITIN?
Old Sep 26th 2009, 7:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

sambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sue
sambapink, have you filed an amended return since getting the ITIN?
Yes we did Sue.. But as I say, if what they are saying is correct it wouldn't have matter because we received the ITIN in 09 and can not use it on an 07 return. Apperantely.
Old Sep 26th 2009, 9:43 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Yes we did Sue.. But as I say, if what they are saying is correct it wouldn't have matter because we received the ITIN in 09 and can not use it on an 07 return. Apperantely.

Believe that is a crock of bull. If it is correct that would also apply to your 2008 taxes.

Amendments can be filed for up to 3 years after the filing year.
Old Sep 26th 2009, 11:50 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Did they accept the ITIN's for the amended 08 returns?
Old Sep 27th 2009, 12:41 am
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

Heres one for Sambapink.
Number 8 I think applies here
Old Sep 27th 2009, 3:25 am
BE Forum Addict

sambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rete
Believe that is a crock of bull. If it is correct that would also apply to your 2008 taxes.

Amendments can be filed for up to 3 years after the filing year.
That's true, but apperantely not when it comes to the ITIN. I will find out more on Monday.
Old Sep 27th 2009, 3:29 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Sue
Did they accept the ITIN's for the amended 08 returns?
The ITIN doesn't seemed to have been flagged up as an issue on the 08 return, not yet anyway. The date of issue for the ITIN was April 09, so it may well have been accepted on the 08 return.
Old Sep 27th 2009, 1:31 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

The ITIN doesn't seemed to have been flagged up as an issue on the 08 return, not yet anyway. The date of issue for the ITIN was April 09, so it may well have been accepted on the 08 return.
That's something I suppose. Doesn't seem right they can deny the 07 though. I bet if it was the other way around and you owed them money for 07 it would be a different story
Old Sep 28th 2009, 5:22 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Samba...if your objective is to take the matter further with the company and you've tried as many was as you can to do so PM me.