Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

What store / restaurante do you miss the most?

What store / restaurante do you miss the most?

Old Feb 24th 2007, 4:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

basementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond repute
Default What store / restaurante do you miss the most?

Well, my last day in the UK is March 14th, then its a life in the US for me.

Im going to miss Nandos chicken restaurante BIG TIME, and am just wondering what you are all missing most?
Old Feb 24th 2007, 4:58 pm
Forum Regular

Arizona Wurzel has a reputation beyond reputeArizona Wurzel has a reputation beyond reputeArizona Wurzel has a reputation beyond reputeArizona Wurzel has a reputation beyond reputeArizona Wurzel has a reputation beyond reputeArizona Wurzel has a reputation beyond reputeArizona Wurzel has a reputation beyond reputeArizona Wurzel has a reputation beyond reputeArizona Wurzel has a reputation beyond reputeArizona Wurzel has a reputation beyond reputeArizona Wurzel has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What store / restaurante do you miss the most?

Originally Posted by basementwaj

Im going to miss Nandos chicken restaurante BIG TIME, and am just wondering what you are all missing most?
Nothing!!!!
Old Feb 24th 2007, 5:06 pm
Forum Regular

suzanne7575 is a splendid one to beholdsuzanne7575 is a splendid one to beholdsuzanne7575 is a splendid one to beholdsuzanne7575 is a splendid one to beholdsuzanne7575 is a splendid one to beholdsuzanne7575 is a splendid one to beholdsuzanne7575 is a splendid one to beholdsuzanne7575 is a splendid one to beholdsuzanne7575 is a splendid one to beholdsuzanne7575 is a splendid one to beholdsuzanne7575 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Arizona Wurzel
Nothing!!!!
I think all the stores and restaurants I love are American anyway, so not sure I'll miss anything, maybe NEXT??? their kids clothes are cute, but I'm sure i can find suitable substitutes in the US, although seeings we will be in either Fl or Az not sure we'll need much more than shorts and t-shirts for the most part.

I certainly won't be one who misses M&S I'm afraid, hate the clothes and the food hall does nothing for me
Old Feb 24th 2007, 5:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

Texas Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Mom has a reputation beyond repute

I miss Next and Debenhams! I was lucky enough to go on a shopping spree when I was back in the UK last month and managed to get some nice bits and bobs. People here always comment on our clothes and like to know where we got them.
I had a Next account back in the UK and used to go a tad mental on it, my son was in Next stuff head to toe even his undies. Now his undies are mostly Marks n Sparks Scotland boxers thanks to my crazy mother sending us kids drawers in the mail! Now if that's not jail bait I don't know what is!
Old Feb 24th 2007, 5:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

USBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond repute

I miss whetherspoons... more specifically the whetherspoons in Wakefield.
Old Feb 24th 2007, 7:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

loopylorns has a reputation beyond reputeloopylorns has a reputation beyond reputeloopylorns has a reputation beyond reputeloopylorns has a reputation beyond reputeloopylorns has a reputation beyond reputeloopylorns has a reputation beyond reputeloopylorns has a reputation beyond reputeloopylorns has a reputation beyond reputeloopylorns has a reputation beyond reputeloopylorns has a reputation beyond reputeloopylorns has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by basementwaj

Oh Nandos!

yummy scrummy.

Deffo miss Next for my kids clothes, Ive not brought any here!
Old Feb 24th 2007, 7:23 pm
Andy

a_J_Martin is an unknown quantity at this point

If we are talking chains.

Nandos, Croma Restaurant (one in Boston but its a bit far from Portland, OR and it's not as good as the Manc ones anyway) ,H&M (depending on where you live), river island, topman, next (a little). M&S (mostly for the food), tesco, boots for the takeaway food, cheap and good for a lunch break.

Wow i didn't realize i missed so much.

Most of my problem is with clothes here and trousers specifically, they seem to have extra room in the arse.

Andy
Old Feb 24th 2007, 8:28 pm
spuggy

spuggy is a splendid one to beholdspuggy is a splendid one to beholdspuggy is a splendid one to beholdspuggy is a splendid one to beholdspuggy is a splendid one to beholdspuggy is a splendid one to beholdspuggy is a splendid one to beholdspuggy is a splendid one to beholdspuggy is a splendid one to beholdspuggy is a splendid one to beholdspuggy is a splendid one to behold

M&S, Fenwicks of Newcastle, Boots.
Old Feb 24th 2007, 8:32 pm
Forum Regular

suzanne7575 is a splendid one to beholdsuzanne7575 is a splendid one to beholdsuzanne7575 is a splendid one to beholdsuzanne7575 is a splendid one to beholdsuzanne7575 is a splendid one to beholdsuzanne7575 is a splendid one to beholdsuzanne7575 is a splendid one to beholdsuzanne7575 is a splendid one to beholdsuzanne7575 is a splendid one to beholdsuzanne7575 is a splendid one to beholdsuzanne7575 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by a_J_Martin

Most of my problem is with clothes here and trousers specifically, they seem to have extra room in the arse.

Andy
You obviously haven't switched to american portion sizes yet
Old Feb 24th 2007, 9:43 pm
Bugger Off!

Silly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond repute

Three places I miss a bit.

1) My fave eatery - Dimitris on Deansgate in Manchester.

2) Mr Thomas Chop House pub on Cross Street Manchester

and most importantly of all:

3) Primark on Market street in, of course, Manchester na na na naaaa

Sorry, couldn;t resist it. I do wish I had gone to Primark with about a grand before I came over here though. If the OP is passing would he pick me up some cargo pants and a new coat, shouldn't cost more than a tenner
Old Feb 24th 2007, 9:48 pm
Account Closed

TouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really nice

I give everyone six months to a year here before they start their 'I really miss M and S underwear, etc' rants
Old Feb 24th 2007, 9:49 pm
Banned

Haggerwood has a reputation beyond reputeHaggerwood has a reputation beyond reputeHaggerwood has a reputation beyond reputeHaggerwood has a reputation beyond reputeHaggerwood has a reputation beyond reputeHaggerwood has a reputation beyond reputeHaggerwood has a reputation beyond reputeHaggerwood has a reputation beyond reputeHaggerwood has a reputation beyond reputeHaggerwood has a reputation beyond reputeHaggerwood has a reputation beyond repute

I miss my opium den.
Old Feb 24th 2007, 9:49 pm
Account Closed

TouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really nice

Originally Posted by a_J_Martin

Nandos, Croma Restaurant (one in Boston but its a bit far from Portland, OR and it's not as good as the Manc ones anyway) ,H&M (depending on where you live), river island, topman, next (a little). M&S (mostly for the food), tesco, boots for the takeaway food, cheap and good for a lunch break.

Wow i didn't realize i missed so much.

Andy

You can buy Nandos sauces here - frankly, there is nothing to beat their chicken (unless you know how to cook it yourself ).

Their international marketing person was out here a few years ago, but alas, nothing has come of it.....
Old Feb 24th 2007, 10:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

basementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond repute

well, after eating at Nandos every week for the past 3 years (and i mean every week) we have become really friendly with the management and staff at our local...... infact, we havent paid for the last 6 months!..... anyways, Nandos is coming to the USA in 2011. So only 4 years to wait
Old Feb 24th 2007, 10:47 pm
time for a cuppa?

ukmumsie has a reputation beyond reputeukmumsie has a reputation beyond reputeukmumsie has a reputation beyond reputeukmumsie has a reputation beyond reputeukmumsie has a reputation beyond reputeukmumsie has a reputation beyond reputeukmumsie has a reputation beyond reputeukmumsie has a reputation beyond reputeukmumsie has a reputation beyond reputeukmumsie has a reputation beyond reputeukmumsie has a reputation beyond repute

I miss Thortons (chocolates), M&S, Boots, Waitrose, the Covered Market in Oxford, Hedges butcher in Cholsey who did the best lamburgers and the Red Lion pub in Brightwell-cum-Sotwell where I grew up. Sigh........

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.