Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

What shipping service do you use to send small items from the UK to the US?

What shipping service do you use to send small items from the UK to the US?

Old Nov 13th 2021, 4:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

Boomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond repute
Default What shipping service do you use to send small items from the UK to the US?

Electric power tool. Weighs around 20 lbs. Not sure on dimensions, but estimate around 2 feet x 2.5 feet x 1 feet.

What shipping provider would you use to send this item to the MidWest US ? I can get the chap in the UK to ship it to a UK address, so he could send it to the Shipping service provider who would then send it to the US. Preferably the shipping service would collect the item from the guy in the UK.

Last edited by Boomhauer; Nov 13th 2021 at 4:44 pm.
Old Nov 14th 2021, 5:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

ottotheboar has a reputation beyond reputeottotheboar has a reputation beyond reputeottotheboar has a reputation beyond reputeottotheboar has a reputation beyond reputeottotheboar has a reputation beyond reputeottotheboar has a reputation beyond reputeottotheboar has a reputation beyond reputeottotheboar has a reputation beyond reputeottotheboar has a reputation beyond reputeottotheboar has a reputation beyond reputeottotheboar has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What shipping service do you use to send small items from the UK to the US?

Transglobal Express they offer quotes will the major shippers. I like them as if the person in the UK does not have a computer / printer they will mail the waybill. I have heard Parcel Hero is good but never used them.
Old Nov 15th 2021, 12:25 am
BE Forum Addict

Boomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What shipping service do you use to send small items from the UK to the US?

Originally Posted by ottotheboar
Transglobal Express they offer quotes will the major shippers. I like them as if the person in the UK does not have a computer / printer they will mail the waybill. I have heard Parcel Hero is good but never used them.
Thanks, I will get in touch with them.
Old Nov 15th 2021, 12:59 pm
Sad old Crinkly Member

excpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond repute

Can't say I would want to ship a power tool to the US. It would have to be very special to cover the shipping costs alone.
Curious, what are you shipping?
Old Nov 20th 2021, 1:42 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by excpomea
Can't say I would want to ship a power tool to the US. It would have to be very special to cover the shipping costs alone.
Curious, what are you shipping?
It was 110 volts and the brand is quite rare over here because it is very expensive. I didn't end up buying it but will in the future. I do have other stuff in England, from a 1000lb grinder to London Underground meta signs that weigh 100-300lbs , but these things are too heavy to ship by air, so I will have to palletize and crate for container shipping, which I can only do when I head over to England.