Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

What kind of a world do we live in?

What kind of a world do we live in?

Old May 19th 2006, 10:28 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

britvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What kind of a world do we live in?

Originally Posted by Rompers
We had a friend in England who was a pyschiatric nurse. Apparently it's a real problem for mental health professionals to understand these sick, f#@cked up minds and maintain their own sanity.
Tell me about it, my Mum was a Ward Sister at Broadmoor till she retired.
Old May 19th 2006, 10:34 am
BE Forum Addict

Patrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Dunno I've never ventured there after dark. In fact a lot of streets around Newark/Jersey City scare the hell out of me in daylight. :scared:
LOL ... I did a delivery at a supermarket in Jersey city last year and was told to stay in my cab with the doors lock at all costs, I was given a phone number for store security and had to call if I needed the loo or a coffee.

At another place in Newark once at a pick up I was in a compound and asked if there was a convenience store where I could get a coffee ? The guard told me that there was one about 2 blocks down but not to go there.
"Why not" I asked.
"Because you are white man ! .... and if you have any money for coffee you sure as hell ain't gonna have it when you get there, .... if you get there"
Old May 19th 2006, 10:39 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Patrick Hasler
LOL ... I did a delivery at a supermarket in Jersey city last year and was told to stay in my cab with the doors lock at all costs, I was given a phone number for store security and had to call if I needed the loo or a coffee.

At another place in Newark once at a pick up I was in a compound and asked if there was a convenience store where I could get a coffee ? The guard told me that there was one about 2 blocks down but not to go there.
"Why not" I asked.
"Because you are white man ! .... and if you have any money for coffee you sure as hell ain't gonna have it when you get there, .... if you get there"
The worst place I've ever been to here is Cabrini Park in Chicago. Everyone at my hubbys office in Chicago told us not to go near the place. Unfortunately we took a wrong exit of the highway. What a god foresaken place it was. I believe even the emergency services won't venture there. :scared:
Old May 19th 2006, 11:06 am
BE Forum Addict

Patrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond repute

Another time in Jersey city I took a wrong turn and couldn't find anywhere to turn a 53 ft trailer around, I went deeper into the slums and at one set of lights a group of gang members stood on a corner, they saw me pull up and ran at the truck, one bandana clad guy jumped and hung on my drivers mirror ! ... I thought I was dead ! to my shock he asked where I was trying to get to ? .. "Port Newark" I said. The whole group stopped all traffic and made it safe for me to take up the whole intersection and go back the other way ......... They ain't all bad !
Old May 19th 2006, 12:03 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Patrick Hasler
Another time in Jersey city I took a wrong turn and couldn't find anywhere to turn a 53 ft trailer around, I went deeper into the slums and at one set of lights a group of gang members stood on a corner, they saw me pull up and ran at the truck, one bandana clad guy jumped and hung on my drivers mirror ! ... I thought I was dead ! to my shock he asked where I was trying to get to ? .. "Port Newark" I said. The whole group stopped all traffic and made it safe for me to take up the whole intersection and go back the other way ......... They ain't all bad !
That's true, they just look intimidating.
Old May 19th 2006, 1:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

Rompers has a reputation beyond reputeRompers has a reputation beyond reputeRompers has a reputation beyond reputeRompers has a reputation beyond reputeRompers has a reputation beyond reputeRompers has a reputation beyond reputeRompers has a reputation beyond reputeRompers has a reputation beyond reputeRompers has a reputation beyond reputeRompers has a reputation beyond reputeRompers has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by britvic
Tell me about it, my Mum was a Ward Sister at Broadmoor till she retired.
She must have met some "interesting " people.
Old May 19th 2006, 4:09 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

britvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rompers
She must have met some "interesting " people.
Yes and I learnt some interesting tail's, from the horse's mouth so to speak :scared:
Old May 20th 2006, 4:59 am
2007 pred.league robbery

lee_in_nj has a reputation beyond reputelee_in_nj has a reputation beyond reputelee_in_nj has a reputation beyond reputelee_in_nj has a reputation beyond reputelee_in_nj has a reputation beyond reputelee_in_nj has a reputation beyond reputelee_in_nj has a reputation beyond reputelee_in_nj has a reputation beyond reputelee_in_nj has a reputation beyond reputelee_in_nj has a reputation beyond reputelee_in_nj has a reputation beyond repute

Yeh i really enjoyed getting to Newark to visit the INS when it was so early it was still dark outside.. i miss those trips. After recently visiting Camden i'm now torn over which is worse.
Old May 20th 2006, 8:39 am
Wind, earth, fire, water

User Name has a reputation beyond reputeUser Name has a reputation beyond reputeUser Name has a reputation beyond reputeUser Name has a reputation beyond reputeUser Name has a reputation beyond reputeUser Name has a reputation beyond reputeUser Name has a reputation beyond reputeUser Name has a reputation beyond reputeUser Name has a reputation beyond reputeUser Name has a reputation beyond reputeUser Name has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Partystar
That's their job. I think they try to understand them, because that's the first step towards finding a cure. We don't have to like it, but they are like research scientists trying to find a cure & I wish they would find one, then we wouldn't have to hear stories like this.
Just my 2 cents, but I think the closest we are to a cure is called the electric chair. The voltage surge will flush out their messed up brains. Sorry, but even an animal wouldn't do that. They don't deserve an ounce of human dignity. Just shave their head, dabbed on the conductive jelly, and zap. On grounds of protecting the public interest, I see no reason whatsoever in letting a monster live. When a human turns into a monster, the monster should die ... in the public interest, and according to the prevailing law.
Old May 20th 2006, 8:43 am

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lee_in_nj
Yeh i really enjoyed getting to Newark to visit the INS when it was so early it was still dark outside.. i miss those trips. After recently visiting Camden i'm now torn over which is worse.
Camden after Sunset Niiiiice.
Old May 20th 2006, 8:44 am

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by User Name
Just my 2 cents, but I think the closest we are to a cure is called the electric chair. The voltage surge will flush out their messed up brains. Sorry, but even an animal wouldn't do that. They don't deserve an ounce of human dignity. Just shave their head, dabbed on the conductive jelly, and zap. On grounds of protecting the public interest, I see no reason whatsoever in letting a monster live. When a human turns into a monster, the monster should die ... in the public interest, and according to the prevailing law.
Or make them fly on Airbus A380s....
Old May 20th 2006, 9:24 am
Wind, earth, fire, water

User Name has a reputation beyond reputeUser Name has a reputation beyond reputeUser Name has a reputation beyond reputeUser Name has a reputation beyond reputeUser Name has a reputation beyond reputeUser Name has a reputation beyond reputeUser Name has a reputation beyond reputeUser Name has a reputation beyond reputeUser Name has a reputation beyond reputeUser Name has a reputation beyond reputeUser Name has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
The worst place I've ever been to here is Cabrini Park in Chicago. Everyone at my hubbys office in Chicago told us not to go near the place. Unfortunately we took a wrong exit of the highway. What a god foresaken place it was. I believe even the emergency services won't venture there. :scared:
Did you mean "Cabrini Green"? Chicago decided a while ago to flatten the housing projects on Cabrini Green and let private developments go ahead. It is not far from North Michigan Avenue, the so called Magnificent Mile.

Last edited by User Name; May 20th 2006 at 9:43 am.
Old May 21st 2006, 4:49 am
BE Forum Addict

Ash UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Toontje
Everyone here is convicting the father of the baby, but isn't he innocent until proven otherwise?

[/devil's advocat]
Like I said in my original post, when I came across that news story I was cradling my 7 week old baby daughter in my arms and finding it very difficult to comprehend how ANY parent could do that to a child esp a 1 day old baby hence my comment
whoever did this

Ash
Old May 21st 2006, 11:13 am
Back where I belong!

Location: Melbourne, Oz to Banbury, England to El Mirage, AZ & now back to England!
Partystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by User Name
I'm not a scientist & have not studied this sort of behaviour, so I really couldn't say what the best cure would be. Plus I really don't want to know too much about the sick bastards, I've heard all the horror stories already, so nothing shocks me, disgusts yes, but shocks, unfortunately not.

Sometimes ignorance really is bliss.
Old May 22nd 2006, 2:00 am
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Partystar
I'm not a scientist & have not studied this sort of behaviour, so I really couldn't say what the best cure would be. Plus I really don't want to know too much about the sick bastards, I've heard all the horror stories already, so nothing shocks me, disgusts yes, but shocks, unfortunately not.

Sometimes ignorance really is bliss.
I believe in the need to study what makes these people tick (understandably that is not everybody's dream job) but not necessarily for public consumption. Just like FBI profiling, the more we as a society know about the contributing factors the better chance we have at prediction, prevention, and unfortunately apprehension.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.