What Hotel?

Old Jun 4th 2010, 6:16 pm
Forum Regular

grenfellruth is an unknown quantity at this point
Default What Hotel?

Hello again helpful people!

I'm looking for a relatively cheap hotel near the embassy in London..preferably within walking distance.

What hotels has everyone else stayed at?

Thanks!
Old Jun 4th 2010, 9:38 pm
Forum Regular

jimandtina2008 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: What Hotel?

Hi

I had my visa interview on May 20th (and got it, flying to USA June 10th....wooohooo).

Anyway, the hotel I stayed at is near Euston Station so you could catch a bus to Marble Arch from just outside the hotel and walk to the Embassy from there...or catch the tube to Bond Street station. The County hotel (http://www.imperialhotels.co.uk/county) was only £43 a night including breakfast for a single room. None of the rooms are ensuite (though only 4 rooms per bath/shower room). The hotel is pretty basic and quite oldfashioned - but extremely clean,I work in the industry in a four star establishment so the cleanliness was paramount to me. It is located directly opposite the Euston Hilton!!!!! Pretty sure that's quite a bit more expensive.

So, if, like me, you're wanting cheap and cheerful for just one night and can cope without your own bathroom...I'd recommend it.

Good luck

Tina
Old Jun 4th 2010, 9:42 pm
Forum Regular

thanks very much! and congratulations!!

mega jealous!! mine is the 28th June and I booked my flight for 17th July..it was cheaper to book it and change it if i need to rather than pay for one close to the time.

where you going to be living? got the wedding planned??
Old Jun 4th 2010, 10:12 pm
Forum Regular

Zap-Robo is a name known to allZap-Robo is a name known to allZap-Robo is a name known to allZap-Robo is a name known to allZap-Robo is a name known to allZap-Robo is a name known to allZap-Robo is a name known to allZap-Robo is a name known to allZap-Robo is a name known to allZap-Robo is a name known to allZap-Robo is a name known to all

I'm currently in the Travelodge on City Road (had my visa interview today!). Was 55GBP a night (booked online in advance), and a short walk to Liverpool Street Station to take the tube to Bond Street.

The branch of Tescos next door and Wasabi across the square made for nice amenities too
Old Jun 4th 2010, 10:13 pm
Forum Regular

I'm jealous of all these people having their interviews!

another successful one i presume?
Old Jun 5th 2010, 1:31 pm
Forum Regular

jimandtina2008 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by grenfellruth
thanks very much! and congratulations!!

mega jealous!! mine is the 28th June and I booked my flight for 17th July..it was cheaper to book it and change it if i need to rather than pay for one close to the time.

where you going to be living? got the wedding planned??
going to be living in Belleville, Michigan.........

wedding planned for 26th, a bbq affair in the local park.....pretty much all planned.........

getting really excited now.....flat looks abandoned!!!!!! a single bed, sofa, fridge and microwave left!!!!!!! lol