Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

What to do when everything frustrates you?

What to do when everything frustrates you?

Old Feb 16th 2008, 1:12 am
Last orders please...

lisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What to do when everything frustrates you?

Originally Posted by DollyLlama
It is!
Originally Posted by Irn-bru
well it must work for you as you are the most unbitchy person on here!

I tend to do it after the fact don't usually like confrontations but my OH is tired of me moaning about it afterwards to him and ranting to him, he wants me to do it to the person so he doesn't have to hear it

Its just one of my pet peeves....if somebody (who I don't know from Adam) has a go at me...it just get my hackles up and I just give as good as I get...

Especially when its some jumped up Soccer Mom screeching like a Banshee because her little Johnny wanted to go on the ride my DD got to first...

Got to admit...I .love the American term "Bite me"....that usually shuts em up...
Old Feb 16th 2008, 1:13 am
Greatly Missed. RIP

DollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Irn-bru
well it must work for you as you are the most unbitchy person on here!
You didn't see my post a couple of weeks ago did you? ......
Old Feb 16th 2008, 1:15 am
BE Forum Addict

chicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond repute

I've learnt to just let it go in one ear and out the other. Get over it and move on. I say learnt because it took me a loooooooong time to figure that getting worked up over every single little annoyance was going to send me to an early grave, and when you live in Holland believe me there are a lot of little annoyances.
Now if someone gets me mad I just remember that no matter how bad it is, at least I'm not in Holland any more. Last night I was treated like a peasant by Tiffany's staff. When I pulled out my platinum credit cards and they tried to make nice I made it clear that it was bit too late for that. Then I walked out of the store and it was forgotten about.
You can't change people. You can only learn to not let them affect you.
Old Feb 16th 2008, 1:23 am
who turned out the light?

Irn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lisag8070
Its just one of my pet peeves....if somebody (who I don't know from Adam) has a go at me...it just get my hackles up and I just give as good as I get...

Especially when its some jumped up Soccer Mom screeching like a Banshee because her little Johnny wanted to go on the ride my DD got to first...

Got to admit...I .love the American term "Bite me"....that usually shuts em up...
Oh so do I. I just know I have a very bad, hot quick temper..redhead! (one minute I feel like I could murder someone and 20mins later I'm fine, lucky its rare )

And I'd be scared I'd hit someone and get sued
so I have up until now never lost it apart from my OH and family. (lucky them )

Originally Posted by DollyLlama
You didn't see my post a couple of weeks ago did you? ......
Oh you have me all intrigued now ..(you know how nosy I am!)
So glad you did as you know how much I hate "I am so perfect Martha Stewart" so I like to know people have their flaws and what they are

Last edited by Irn-bru; Feb 16th 2008 at 1:31 am.
Old Feb 16th 2008, 1:25 am
BE Forum Addict

sambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MademoiselleMtl
I have been to other places in the States and I have to honestly say LA is not human, people are generally unfriendly, rude and self absorbed. I was brought up with manners and a sense of compassion and I do not want to stoop to their level. The result, I keep swallowing the frustration, telling myself to keep my chin up etc...but it is taking it's toll on me and adding to my bitterness.

Besides a lobotomy, I cannot think of any solutions...

Just needed to vent, have a nice day everyone, off to take a bath in hopes of relaxing my frazzled brain.
There really are some wally's out there.. I had to take a bath last night to melt away the stress... few candles and my fav songs playing... it really helped.. Hope you feel better
Old Feb 16th 2008, 1:26 am
who turned out the light?

Irn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chicagojlo
I've learnt to just let it go in one ear and out the other. Get over it and move on. I say learnt because it took me a loooooooong time to figure that getting worked up over every single little annoyance was going to send me to an early grave, and when you live in Holland believe me there are a lot of little annoyances.
Now if someone gets me mad I just remember that no matter how bad it is, at least I'm not in Holland any more. Last night I was treated like a peasant by Tiffany's staff. When I pulled out my platinum credit cards and they tried to make nice I made it clear that it was bit too late for that. Then I walked out of the store and it was forgotten about.
You can't change people. You can only learn to not let them affect you.
Now you sound like my husband
..I can only keep trying but so far it hasn't worked for me.

It must be lovely to be like that, so calm as to not let anything bother you (sigh)
Old Feb 16th 2008, 2:16 am

anabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond repute

I could never live in LA.. I'd go insane!!!

You need to talk to Lord Lionheart, he is always full of compliments for the place.. that might help you a little..
Old Feb 16th 2008, 4:08 am
BE Forum Addict

augigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond repute

Work out with a punching bag.

Have more sex.

Try drugs.

Any of these should increase those feel-good endorphins.
Old Feb 16th 2008, 4:23 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

I have been trying to be more positive the last few days, I have really been trying but I have to say my best attempt is not yielding the results I had envisioned!

What do you all do when every little thing starts driving you crazy?
Go to a gun range ..hire a machine gun and unload 3 clips into the target ..

I go to my eye Doctor's office and after 15 minutes of flipping through his files, he tells me that he cannot find my file with my eye exam info. He then proceeds to tell me that he will need to do a new exam and charge me again. I left...
Just say .I will check with the Dept of Health if you should bear the cost
because of negligence in your office ..

Someone stole the parking spot that I had been waiting for with my blinker on, I honked my horn at him and then opened my window and told him that it is my spot and he then yells at me "Excuse me Bitch it is mine"

Someone else in the parking lot saw the whole thing but the man did not care. I burst into tears because it frustrated me beyond belief.
Put a sticker on your car ..saying : driver carries no more than $10 worth of Ammo

My manager then calls me and tells me the person who parked in my spot is a workman who is doing a job in someone's unit. So I go to the unti # and tell him he is in my spot etc.. he does not apologize etc...and then tells me that he is busy right now but he will move it in about 15-20 minutes!!
I was enraged at his nerve and told him it was in his best interest to move his car this instant if he wanted a car to drive home in. He ended moving.
Always carry an axe.. and say ..I have PMS you really must move your car NOW !!!

So I ask, how does one keep their calm, composed attitude when they have to cope with this day in and day out?!!!!
Show the world you don't give a toss ...
Old Feb 16th 2008, 4:54 am
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

I have been to other places in the States and I have to honestly say LA is not human, people are generally unfriendly, rude and self absorbed.
Paris is worse.
Old Feb 16th 2008, 10:00 am
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by augigi
Work out with a punching bag.

Have more sex.

Try drugs.

Any of these should increase those feel-good endorphins.
you forgot chocolate.
Old Feb 16th 2008, 1:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

lisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond repute

Sarcasm...works every time for me...ie: "you really are the most considerate workman I've ever met..are you married ??" Get's them every time as more often than not they don't realise you're being sarcastic
Old Feb 16th 2008, 2:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

augigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cindyabs
you forgot chocolate.
You're right! Chocolate!
Old Feb 16th 2008, 2:26 pm
In Orange County, CA.

cybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond repute

I have been to other places in the States and I have to honestly say LA is not human, people are generally unfriendly, rude and self absorbed. I was brought up with manners and a sense of compassion and I do not want to stoop to their level. The result, I keep swallowing the frustration, telling myself to keep my chin up etc...but it is taking it's toll on me and adding to my bitterness.

Besides a lobotomy, I cannot think of any solutions...

Just needed to vent, have a nice day everyone, off to take a bath in hopes of relaxing my frazzled brain.
come and visit me in Orange County. The niceness of everthing will drive you insane!!!! But I do have hobnobs.
Old Feb 16th 2008, 3:27 pm
Not living a 9 to 5 life

NC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond repute

I believe in karma so those who have done bad against you will "pay" some time in the future without you having to lift a finger.

Assholes that you describe will get their comeuppance in due course. Life's too short to worry about idiots like them. I'd rather move on to something more positive.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.