Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

Well things are bad and I have submitted to...

Well things are bad and I have submitted to...

Old Oct 16th 2010, 2:50 pm

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Well things are bad and I have submitted to...

Yes I can see the lady I saw on Thursday gave me new lenses and I wore them last night I am wearing them now and I can see long and short distance ...I would like to ask those of you with lenses!!

1.Did you get a slight headache to start with?
2.How long would you suggest to wear them to start with, daily?
3.Dry eye recommendations for solution for when I run out of what they have given me.
Old Oct 16th 2010, 6:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

Bill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Poppy girl
Yes I can see the lady I saw on Thursday gave me new lenses and I wore them last night I am wearing them now and I can see long and short distance ...I would like to ask those of you with lenses!!

3.Dry eye recommendations for solution for when I run out of what they have given me.
1 - yes, until my brain retrained my muscles to have my head pointed correctly

2 - I put 'em on and leave 'em on. Switching on and off makes things worse.

3 - I like Systane drops, but a bit $$
Old Oct 16th 2010, 7:37 pm

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bill_S
1 - yes, until my brain retrained my muscles to have my head pointed correctly

2 - I put 'em on and leave 'em on. Switching on and off makes things worse.

3 - I like Systane drops, but a bit $$
Thanks Bill especially in regards to putting them on and off but makes sense
Old Oct 26th 2010, 5:57 pm
-------------------------

paranoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond repute

1 No.
2 All day. You'll get used to it.
3 "Complete" is the cleaning that works best for me, doesnt affect my eyes like one or two of the others I've tried. Opti free is ok too.
For rewetting drops if I have itchy eyes, I use "clear eyes".
Old Oct 26th 2010, 11:01 pm

Originally Posted by paranoidandroid
1 No.
2 All day. You'll get used to it.
3 "Complete" is the cleaning that works best for me, doesnt affect my eyes like one or two of the others I've tried. Opti free is ok too.
For rewetting drops if I have itchy eyes, I use "clear eyes".
I am trying, they got me another pair because I drive so much they dry up quickly and thought another more lubricant pair would maybe solve it but LOL I can't see out of them
Old Oct 26th 2010, 11:17 pm

paranoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond repute

I am trying, they got me another pair because I drive so much they dry up quickly and thought another more lubricant pair would maybe solve it but LOL I can't see out of them
Try pointing the air vents away from your face in the car.. seriously. If anything will dry my eyes out or make them itchy, it's that. I never suffer much with dry eyes, what brand of lenses do you have?

You could try putting the rewetting drops in your eyes every time they itch until they get used to having contacts on them alll the time. It takes a week or two to adjust. I'm trying to think of what the time was that I was told to wear them each day when I first started, and if I remember right I think it scaled up a couple of hours each day or something for the first week... not sure now. I basically wear mine from 6 in the morning 'til 11 at night without any problems. You will too after awhile.
Old Oct 26th 2010, 11:19 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

The air con in the car is a problem when you wear contacts...as paranoidandroid said turn the vents away from you.
Old Oct 26th 2010, 11:21 pm

Try pointing the air vents away from your face in the car.. seriously. If anything will dry my eyes out or make them itchy, it's that. I never suffer much with dry eyes, what brand of lenses do you have?

You could try putting the rewetting drops in your eyes every time they itch until they get used to having contacts on them alll the time. It takes a week or two to adjust. I'm trying to think of what the time was that I was told to wear them each day when I first started, and if I remember right I think it scaled up a couple of hours each day or something for the first week... not sure now. I basically wear mine from 6 in the morning 'til 11 at night without any problems. You will too after awhile.
I have Baush and Lomb lenses, its just a pain to keep putting drops in they never itch just get dry and blurry.
Tried the air vents away from the face already I prefer to drive without them and just use for the computer but then you get a headache.
Moaning Minnie
Old Oct 26th 2010, 11:46 pm

I have Baush and Lomb lenses, its just a pain to keep putting drops in they never itch just get dry and blurry.
Tried the air vents away from the face already I prefer to drive without them and just use for the computer but then you get a headache.
Moaning Minnie
Tch, Bauch and Lomb? Nah, Acuvue Oasys baby, Acuvue Oasys
@ Moaning Minnie.
You got to persist a bit with them Poppy, or you'll never get used to them!
Old Oct 27th 2010, 12:07 am

Tch, Bauch and Lomb? Nah, Acuvue Oasys baby, Acuvue Oasys
@ Moaning Minnie.
You got to persist a bit with them Poppy, or you'll never get used to them!
Acuvue Oasys are the ones they have just given me that I can't see out of.
Attached Thumbnails Well things are bad and I have submitted to...-img00242-20101026-1706%5B1%5D.jpg  
Old Oct 27th 2010, 1:56 am

Acuvue Oasys are the ones they have just given me that I can't see out of.
Uhmmm... different things for different people ... perhaps?

They work well for me and never really dry out like the others I've had in the past.. thats all I can say!

Blimmin moaning minnie.
Old Oct 27th 2010, 3:03 am
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

I can throw away the new contact lens prescription I got on Monday.

I have a retinal detachment and will undergo surgery on Thursday morning. I probably will not be able to log on much for some time post-op.
Old Oct 27th 2010, 2:02 pm

Originally Posted by snowbunny

I have a retinal detachment and will undergo surgery on Thursday morning. I probably will not be able to log on much for some time post-op.
Snowbunny, so sorry to hear that.
Here's wishing you a smooth uncomplicated surgery though, and speedy recovery!
Old Oct 27th 2010, 11:34 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Steerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond repute

Moaning Minnie
I tried long and hard with both varifocals and contacts. Never got over the headaches. I stick with good 'distance' specs for everything, and pull out readers for reading etc.
Old Oct 31st 2010, 1:57 am
Don't let me get me....

Pinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by snowbunny

So sorry to hear this snowbunny, and hoping that it all goes well for you

with love

Pinkie
xx

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.