Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

Well I didn't have a clue.

Well I didn't have a clue.

Old May 30th 2008, 3:39 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Well I didn't have a clue.

Very much enjoyed it. Wonderful of you to share.
Old May 30th 2008, 3:41 am
Riding on silver wings

ugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sugarmooma
The bank sold out to Wells Fargo about 10 years ago. We do still have the ball and we still live in the same house......but the house has many more tales to tell and maybe sometime in the future I'll tell the rest of our story.

Thanks for all the interest and for all the karma and messages and for letting me share our journey with you all.
I'll use a call made during a baseball game to summarize.

"To the track! To the wall! Bye bye baseball! Grand slam for Sugar 'Hot Pants' Mooma!!!" And the BE crowd goes insanely wild.
Old May 30th 2008, 3:43 am
BE Forum Addict

geeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond repute

The bank sold out to Wells Fargo about 10 years ago. We do still have the ball and we still live in the same house......but the house has many more tales to tell and maybe sometime in the future I'll tell the rest of our story.

Thanks for all the interest and for all the karma and messages and for letting me share our journey with you all.
I love that you still live in that house! It was clearly meant to be.
Dead impressed about that baseball.

Thanks so much for telling your story.
We had a couple of tough years, being pioneer immigrants too, but nothing like what you and your family have been through.
Brilliant.
Old May 30th 2008, 3:46 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ugacrew
I'll use a call made during a baseball game to summarize.

"To the track! To the wall! Bye bye baseball! Grand slam for Sugar 'Hot Pants' Mooma!!!" And the BE crowd goes insanely wild.

Girly.....you're crazy
Old May 30th 2008, 3:50 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Glad it worked out for you. Can't wait for the next installment...no pressure or anything.

Thank you so much SM for sharing your story with us.
Old May 30th 2008, 3:53 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Glad it worked out for you. Can't wait for the next installment...no pressure or anything.

Thank you so much SM for sharing your story with us.

Pressure..........I thrive under pressure. Well I used to.......
Old May 30th 2008, 4:00 am
BE Forum Addict

Ash UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond repute

Heart warming

How did your kids react to you buying the house? how old where they at that point?
Old May 30th 2008, 4:12 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Ash UK/US
Heart warming

How did your kids react to you buying the house? how old where they at that point?

By this time they were 13 and 14 and knowing they could stay at the same school and stay with their friends was all they were worried about. Of course now sleep overs could be arranged without the threat of cancellation
Old May 30th 2008, 4:33 am
BE Forum Addict

Ash UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond repute

By this time they were 13 and 14 and knowing they could stay at the same school and stay with their friends was all they were worried about. Of course now sleep overs could be arranged without the threat of cancellation
Cute story
Old May 30th 2008, 5:32 am
BE Enthusiast

Vicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond repute

Sugar, I really enjoyed your story so much. It reminds me of how tough some people do it, and it also reminds of the silly little things that I let bother me that are really irrelevant.

Look forward to future installments.
Old May 30th 2008, 6:25 am
who turned out the light?

Irn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond repute

Sugar, this has to me been the best thread in a very long time. Its entertaining, helpful, insightful, and a big kick up our bums for any of us that wants to moan at small stuff in our lives.

You are a terrific writer and what you have been through and the courage, grit and determination that you have faced it all with is inspiring to me and I bet to a lot of others here as well.

The story of you packing up everything moving to Colorado but no real place, job or home to go to - wow - a true modern wagon train story with the same 'pluck' that those modern pioneers had. And also when good things came along however small you were so thankful.
Your story teaches me a great lesson in how to look at life - ta and thanks for sharing, opening up especially here - being so honest isn't easy

Looking forward to reading much more and I hope someone picks this up to make into a reader digest type story.

Hope anyone else who has an interesting and helpful story will post a thread. But I very much doubt anyone has anything like yours - yours is a roller-coaster ride with all those lay-offs. Never again will I think we had it rough with my OH being laid off just once here!!!
Old May 30th 2008, 10:41 am
BE Forum Addict

BritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond repute

maybe sometime in the future I'll tell the rest of our story.

It's over?
Old May 30th 2008, 11:12 am
BE Forum Addict

bevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks again for sharing this. Looks like you and your OH are a great team, it's not always 50/50, life sometimes hits you hard and you may have only 10 to give, that's when a great OH puts in 90 until you can recover. That's what we have found over the years, and it looks like you do that too. It was obvious you take great delight in your garden, now we know why. Sit back, smell the roses and pat yourself on the back.
Old May 30th 2008, 11:35 am
Logical & Hot Stuff

FlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond repute

Amazing reading.....thanks so much SM...
Old May 30th 2008, 12:33 pm
Carmel Indiana

paul1968mcr has a reputation beyond reputepaul1968mcr has a reputation beyond reputepaul1968mcr has a reputation beyond reputepaul1968mcr has a reputation beyond reputepaul1968mcr has a reputation beyond reputepaul1968mcr has a reputation beyond reputepaul1968mcr has a reputation beyond reputepaul1968mcr has a reputation beyond reputepaul1968mcr has a reputation beyond reputepaul1968mcr has a reputation beyond reputepaul1968mcr has a reputation beyond repute

What an absolutely amazing journey!

I'm totally humbled!

Certainly puts our complaints about sweet tasting bread, crappy TV and yanky chocolate into perspective.

Thank you so much for sharing.

I'm gonna copy and paste it and email it to my wife at work

ps - it would make a fantastic magazine article!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.