Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

Want to move back to the USA but my girlfriend's perspective differs than mine.

Wikiposts

Want to move back to the USA but my girlfriend's perspective differs than mine.

Old Apr 27th 2016, 2:04 am
I approved this message

Hiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Want to move back to the USA but my girlfriend's perspective differs than mine.

Originally Posted by Boiler
Colorado gun intensive?

Chicago and DC would seem to have a much better claim.
My friend: all guns are banned outright in Chicago. DC has some of the most restrictive gun laws in the country. CO, in contrast, has very liberal gun laws and a strong gun-friendly culture. I lived in western CO and Utah for a few years, I know of what I speak. You may argue that despite these differences gun violence is more prevalent in DC and Chicago than in CO, it's an interesting irony.
Old Apr 27th 2016, 2:13 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Want to move back to the USA but my girlfriend's perspective differs than mine.

I am your friend, did not know.

Liberal as in Democrat gun laws, well yes.
Old Apr 27th 2016, 2:56 am
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boiler
I am your friend, did not know.

Liberal as in Democrat gun laws, well yes.
At least he didn't call you "dear".
Old Apr 27th 2016, 3:00 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Leslie
At least he didn't call you "dear".
Or Dear Friend?
Old Apr 27th 2016, 5:38 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hiro11
My friend: all guns are banned outright in Chicago. DC has some of the most restrictive gun laws in the country. CO, in contrast, has very liberal gun laws and a strong gun-friendly culture. I lived in western CO and Utah for a few years, I know of what I speak. You may argue that despite these differences gun violence is more prevalent in DC and Chicago than in CO, it's an interesting irony.
Is that right? I didn't know that Chicago was so different! So you can't own guns or carry them or anything like that in Chicago?
Old Apr 27th 2016, 5:40 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Is that right? I didn't know that Chicago was so different! So you can't own guns or carry them or anything like that in Chicago?
Seems somebody has found a way:

Shootings -- Crime in Chicagoland -- chicagotribune.com
Old Apr 27th 2016, 6:18 am

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Is that right? ....
No.
..... I didn't know that Chicago was so different! So you can't own guns or carry them or anything like that in Chicago?
Yes, you can.
My friend: all guns are banned outright in Chicago. ....
No, they're not.
DC has some of the most restrictive gun laws in the country. .....
It might, but they're nowhere near as restrictive as they were prior to 2008.
... CO, in contrast, has very liberal gun laws and a strong gun-friendly culture. I lived in western CO and Utah for a few years, I know of what I speak. You may argue that despite these differences gun violence is more prevalent in DC and Chicago than in CO, it's an interesting irony.
The laws banning gun ownership in DC and Chicago were overturned by the Supreme Court in 2008 and 2010 respectively.

Last edited by Pulaski; Apr 27th 2016 at 6:30 am.
Old Apr 27th 2016, 6:22 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pulaski
No.
Yes, you can.
No, they're not.It might, but they're no where near as restrictive as they were prior to 2008.
The laws on gun ownership in DC and Chicago were overturned by the Supreme Court in 2008 and 2010 respectively.
So my googling did produce the right answers! Had me confused for a while there
Old Apr 27th 2016, 7:57 am
Banned

dc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond repute

Chicago and DC. Good examples as to the effectiveness of national gun control.

However, the liberal do goodys can never see the idiocy of attempting to impose their restrictions on the law abiding majority of owners also
Old Apr 27th 2016, 7:58 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by dc koop

However, the liberal do goodys can never see the idiocy of imposing their restrictions on the law abiding majority of owners also
Is he your friend?
Old Apr 27th 2016, 8:00 am
Forum Regular

Matt Sabre has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Sabre has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Sabre has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Sabre has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Sabre has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Sabre has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Sabre has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Sabre has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Sabre has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Sabre has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Sabre has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dc koop

However, the liberal do goodys can never see the idiocy of attempting to impose their restrictions on the law abiding majority of owners also
Law-abiding gun-owners? Many criminals are law-abiding gun-owners until they aren't.
Old Apr 27th 2016, 8:02 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Matt Sabre
Law-abiding gun-owners? Many criminals are law-abiding gun-owners until they aren't.
In Chicago etc that sounds unlikely.
Old Apr 27th 2016, 8:47 am
Forum Regular

Matt Sabre has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Sabre has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Sabre has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Sabre has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Sabre has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Sabre has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Sabre has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Sabre has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Sabre has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Sabre has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Sabre has a reputation beyond repute

Is a gun-owner who speeds still a law-abiding gun owner?
Old Apr 27th 2016, 8:49 am
Account Closed

Is a gun-owner who speeds still a law-abiding gun owner?
no
Old Apr 27th 2016, 10:46 am
Banned

dc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond repute

Based on the above logic then that nobody should own guns because there's no way of telling if a law abiding gun owner might suddenly not become a law abiding gun owner ?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.