Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

Walgreens passport photos

Walgreens passport photos

Old Jan 5th 2014, 5:58 pm

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute
Default Walgreens passport photos

Has anyone used Walgreens for passport photos since processing went back to the UK. Mrs L got hers done there couple of years back and it was processed in Washington OK. But local Walgreens only had a dull white background and I am dubious the photos are going to be accepted in the UK.
Old Jan 5th 2014, 6:55 pm

Nutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Walgreens passport photos

Originally Posted by lansbury
Has anyone used Walgreens for passport photos since processing went back to the UK. Mrs L got hers done there couple of years back and it was processed in Washington OK. But local Walgreens only had a dull white background and I am dubious the photos are going to be accepted in the UK.
I did. had no issues other than persuading them to print out at the correct size. (Which they did, eventually).
Old Jan 5th 2014, 7:39 pm

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nutek
I did. had no issues other than persuading them to print out at the correct size. (Which they did, eventually).
Thanks have got the right size, just concerned about the background.
Old Jan 6th 2014, 2:36 am
BE Forum Addict

Derrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond repute

I had mine done there in November - no problem with the size or background. They were accepted and I received my new passport just before Christmas.
Old Jan 6th 2014, 6:40 am

Good to know, thanks.
Old Jan 6th 2014, 5:47 pm
Chocoholic !

ChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond repute

We did the dudes back in October, the background was very light but was accepted
Old Jan 7th 2014, 6:56 pm

FFS - Having establish the background is OK, I go back to Walgreens this morning to get the photos done. The woman on the photo counter has been there quite a few years and knows what she is doing. Takes photo goes to the machine to set it up to print UK passport size photo, and discovers the newer machines only print US size. No option for anything else. She suggested Costco might be able to do it. Think I'll just try and find something the right color for the background, and use one of the online services.
Old Jan 7th 2014, 9:03 pm
Account Closed

Uncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond repute

i've used the photo studio in a Sears store recently without any issues other than waiting for the room to free up.
Old Jan 7th 2014, 9:06 pm

Originally Posted by Uncle_Bob
i've used the photo studio in a Sears store recently without any issues other than waiting for the room to free up.
Cheers Uncle_Bob I can make a round trip to Sears, Costco and if that fails DIY.
Old Jan 7th 2014, 10:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

Norri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond repute

I went to Costco last week, they said they could do the UK size but when got the pics they were US spec, they then said they could only do US and Canadian, no problem at Walgreens.
Old Jan 8th 2014, 5:04 pm
Forum Regular

King Gimp has a brilliant futureKing Gimp has a brilliant futureKing Gimp has a brilliant futureKing Gimp has a brilliant futureKing Gimp has a brilliant futureKing Gimp has a brilliant futureKing Gimp has a brilliant future

I visited 3 walgreens in my area yesterday - nowhere would do UK size passport pics. In the end I used epassportphoto.com
Old Jan 10th 2014, 5:29 pm
Andy

a_J_Martin is an unknown quantity at this point

Is it possible to just send the US size? I've read some conflicting information on the subject.

I guess if Lansbury finds a place in the Portland area to get UK sizes, i'll go there.

Andy
Old Jan 11th 2014, 9:47 pm

Originally Posted by a_J_Martin

I guess if Lansbury finds a place in the Portland area to get UK sizes, i'll go there.

Andy
I haven't. None of the places suggested would/could be a UK size. I had my wife take a picture and used epassport.com. Uploaded the photo online and they will post two pictures for $7.99, which I should receive in 4 - 10 working days.

We'll see what happens when the application gets to the Durham passport office.
Old Jan 11th 2014, 9:54 pm
Forum Regular

paul32x has a reputation beyond reputepaul32x has a reputation beyond reputepaul32x has a reputation beyond reputepaul32x has a reputation beyond reputepaul32x has a reputation beyond reputepaul32x has a reputation beyond reputepaul32x has a reputation beyond reputepaul32x has a reputation beyond reputepaul32x has a reputation beyond reputepaul32x has a reputation beyond reputepaul32x has a reputation beyond repute

I had both my US and UK passports done with photos from Walgreens and there was no problem at all.
Old Jan 11th 2014, 9:57 pm
Andy

a_J_Martin is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the reply.

I just found out that the Walgreens at SE 39th and Holgate does UK size.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.