Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

Urgent Passport Renewal Advice

Urgent Passport Renewal Advice

Old Jun 15th 2015, 10:42 pm
Forum Regular

Rose of the Shires will become famous soon enough
Default Urgent Passport Renewal Advice

OMG...I'm absolutely bricking it. Can anyone advise? I've been so lax and stupid

We are due to travel to the UK on July 6. I've today noticed that my daughter (age 17)'s passport expired on March 22 of this year. Shit. Have I got time to do the renewal online, with the child passport becoming her first adult passport? Should I get an emergency travel document from the British Consulate instead? Luckily her flight hasn't been booked yet.

Any words of wisdom gratefully received. TIA.

Rose
Old Jun 15th 2015, 10:48 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Urgent Passport Renewal Advice

Three weeks is cutting it fine even with the recent improved renewal times. Does your daughter hold a US passport or US citizenship?
Old Jun 15th 2015, 10:51 pm
Forum Regular

No-just a British Passport. We are GC holders.
Old Jun 15th 2015, 10:59 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

An ETD would be your safest bet but your daughter would still need to renew her passport once back in the UK. If her flight hasn't been booked you may want to just send it off for a renewal and have her follow you on later if needs be. Depends on your plans, how long you plan to stay, etc..
Old Jun 15th 2015, 11:04 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks-I'm going to make an appointment at the Consulate in NY for Thursday.

We are only planning to stay until the 21st, and she has Uni visits planned for the early part of the trip, so joining us later isn't really an option.

Gahhh. I could kick myself.