Update!

Old Jul 12th 2010, 6:55 pm
Forum Regular

StephieFaith83 has much to be proud ofStephieFaith83 has much to be proud ofStephieFaith83 has much to be proud ofStephieFaith83 has much to be proud ofStephieFaith83 has much to be proud ofStephieFaith83 has much to be proud ofStephieFaith83 has much to be proud ofStephieFaith83 has much to be proud ofStephieFaith83 has much to be proud ofStephieFaith83 has much to be proud ofStephieFaith83 has much to be proud of
Default Update!

I've been lurking around here for the past few months but thought I'd should update you guys on what's going on with me.

I entered the US in January and was only supposed to be here for 2 weeks. My husband and I got married on March 20th and then applied for Adjustment of Status before my I-94W expired. So, I'm adjusting status from the VWP, intent isn't an issue with me as there was never any when I entered the US. It's all been a bit of a blur, I came here with 2 weeks worth of clothing, but we had our own personal reasons for doing things this way.

We did seek the advice of an attorney before we decided to go down this road and well, my interview is on 22nd July! So, I'm just gathering everything together in preparation. Our attorney provided us with a copy (350 pages) of everything that submitted when the case was originally filed.

My EAD and Advanced Parole has already been approved. My SSN number is hopefully on it's way.

Here is my timeline:

Mailed Package to Chicago: 04/14/2010
Package Received at Chicago: 04/15/2010
4 Hard Copy NOA's Received: 04/24/2010
Biometrics Appointment Letter Received: 4/30/2010
RFE Received: 05/14/2010
Biometerics Appointment: 05/17/2010
RFE Further Evidence Delivered: 06/07/2010
Case Resumed Email Received: 06/09/2010
I485 Touched: 06/09/2010
I485 Touched: 06/10/2010
EAD Card Production Ordered: 06/15/2010
I131 Travel Document Approved: 06/15/2010
Interview Letter Received: 06/21/2010
Advanced Parole Documents Received: 06/21/2010
EAD Approval Notice Email: 06/23/2010
EAD Card Received: 06/26/2010
AOS Interview (Buffalo): 07/22/2010

Last edited by StephieFaith83; Jul 12th 2010 at 7:02 pm.
Old Jul 12th 2010, 7:42 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Update!

Good luck at your interview, let us know how it goes.

Regards, JEff

Originally Posted by StephieFaith83
I've been lurking around here for the past few months but thought I'd should update you guys on what's going on with me.

I entered the US in January and was only supposed to be here for 2 weeks. My husband and I got married on March 20th and then applied for Adjustment of Status before my I-94W expired. So, I'm adjusting status from the VWP, intent isn't an issue with me as there was never any when I entered the US. It's all been a bit of a blur, I came here with 2 weeks worth of clothing, but we had our own personal reasons for doing things this way.

We did seek the advice of an attorney before we decided to go down this road and well, my interview is on 22nd July! So, I'm just gathering everything together in preparation. Our attorney provided us with a copy (350 pages) of everything that submitted when the case was originally filed.

My EAD and Advanced Parole has already been approved. My SSN number is hopefully on it's way.
Old Jul 12th 2010, 7:54 pm
Forum Regular

StephieFaith83 has much to be proud ofStephieFaith83 has much to be proud ofStephieFaith83 has much to be proud ofStephieFaith83 has much to be proud ofStephieFaith83 has much to be proud ofStephieFaith83 has much to be proud ofStephieFaith83 has much to be proud ofStephieFaith83 has much to be proud ofStephieFaith83 has much to be proud ofStephieFaith83 has much to be proud ofStephieFaith83 has much to be proud of

Thanks Jeff, I did call the SS Office today asking where my SSN is because they said 2 weeks. Apparently it can take 6-8 weeks for them to verify my EAD card with DHS, so it's a waiting game.

Any others have any experience with how long it takes to come through?
Old Jul 12th 2010, 7:59 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Jeff, I did call the SS Office today asking where my SSN is because they said 2 weeks. Apparently it can take 6-8 weeks for them to verify my EAD card with DHS, so it's a waiting game.

Any others have any experience with how long it takes to come through?
If they had to do a manual verification, then 6 - 8 weeks sounds right.

For different reasons than yours, my alien fiance had to have a manual verification done on his status in the USA after arrival on a K-1. It took 8 weeks to do the verification, and an additional 2 weeks for the card to come in the mail. Total waiting time for SSN was 10 weeks.

Rene
Old Jul 12th 2010, 8:16 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Hey Stephie, glad to see everything's working out!

It's common for them to tell you the 6-8 weeks for verifying. Unfortunately, no way to know how long it will really be until you get your card.
You can check in in person at the SSA office weekly; if your number has been assigned, they will tell it to you in person, which will save you a couple of weeks waiting for the card to come.
Old Jul 12th 2010, 8:56 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by meauxna
Hey Stephie, glad to see everything's working out!

It's common for them to tell you the 6-8 weeks for verifying. Unfortunately, no way to know how long it will really be until you get your card.
You can check in in person at the SSA office weekly; if your number has been assigned, they will tell it to you in person, which will save you a couple of weeks waiting for the card to come.
Thanks guys! Just getting everything ready for the interview now, it's at 2:45pm in the afternoon, not sure if that's a good or a bad thing. Since I'm never at my best early in a morning. You hear allsorts of stuff, like it's bad to have an interview in the afternoon as it may mean your case is 'problematic' or whatever. Just codswallop from people on the internet though, my attorney used to work for the then (INS) and assures me everything will be fine. Doesn't stop it being nerve wracking though.
Old Jul 22nd 2010, 7:24 pm
Forum Regular

Just wanted to let you all know that my AOS application was approved today at my interview and I will receive a 2 year conditional Greencard.

The interview lasted around 15 minutes. The appointment was supposed to be at 2.45pm but we were seen at 2.15pm as we were the only people in the waiting room. We took the oath, answered a series of questions each, they were pretty simple ones. A few bizarre ones such as do we know our landlord personally and who lives in the downstairs apartment. The Officer took my EAD, Advanced Parole and I-94 then said to expect my Greencard within the next 10 days. She was very nice and put us at ease.

So we can relax for a while now, it was by far the most stressful experience of my life and I am glad it's over. For 20 months or so...
Old Jul 22nd 2010, 7:32 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations and Welcome to America!

Keep saving paperwork and all that jazz (I used to keep a folder on my desk & flopped Christmas and anniversary card envelopes & other random evidence in it.. then all was ready for I-751).

Best wishes, and on to new stresses!
Old Jul 23rd 2010, 8:05 pm
Forum Regular

Does it sometimes take them a while to update/do the card production emails on the case status system?

Everyone on the VJ boards got their notice the same day and my status is still showing as being on 'Request For Evidence' even though I've already been for my interview and was approved.

Just niggling me a little.
Old Jul 23rd 2010, 8:06 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Does it sometimes take them a while to update/do the card production emails on the case status system?

Everyone on the VJ boards got their notice the same day and my status is still showing as being on 'Request For Evidence' even though I've already been for my interview and was approved.

Just niggling me a little.
Yep, the online case status is highly unreliable.

Rene
Old Jul 23rd 2010, 8:13 pm
Forum Regular

That's what I figured! Back to waiting not so patiently...
Old Jul 24th 2010, 2:57 pm
Forum Regular

Got my SSN this morning. Can I apply for jobs now, even though they took my EAD off me?
Old Jul 24th 2010, 3:03 pm

Got my SSN this morning. Can I apply for jobs now, even though they took my EAD off me?
If you have a SS card without the legend "valid only for work with DHS authorization", and you have a current drivers license, that is all you need now to be hired.

Google form I-9 to see what forms of ID are acceptable hiring documents to an employer.

Rene
Old Jul 24th 2010, 4:02 pm
Forum Regular

The card I have has the 'No work without DHS authorization message' and I don't drive.

I figure by the time I go for interviews and stuff my GC will be here, so no harm in applying I guess.

And if for any reason there's hold-up I'll schedule an infopass to get the stamp.

Last edited by StephieFaith83; Jul 24th 2010 at 4:05 pm.
Old Jul 24th 2010, 4:35 pm

The card I have has the 'No work without DHS authorization message' and I don't drive.

I figure by the time I go for interviews and stuff my GC will be here, so no harm in applying I guess.

And if for any reason there's hold-up I'll schedule an infopass to get the stamp.
You've been reading ahead!

When you get evidence of your PR status, go back and get a new SS card. You may want to accidentally leave the one you have at home, for the dog to eat.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.