Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

Up at the crack of dawn!

Up at the crack of dawn!

Old Nov 15th 2007, 3:06 pm
Rock Goddess

Rockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond repute
Unhappy Up at the crack of dawn!

Does anyone else wonder why Americans have to do everything so bloomin' early? It seems to me that everyone gets up much earlier here than back at home. I'm up at 4.30am to get to work for 7am and I'm always the last in the door. Everyone else is already there and consider that I come in late, but if I get up any earlier there won't be any point going to bed! Sometimes (when I'm really running late) I see kids waiting for the school bus before 7am. WTF? When I was a kid I didn't even roll out of bed until 7.30am. Even if I leave really early there's always so many cars on the road. It seems like Americans fel the need to pack so much into their day that they need to get up at before the cock crows!
Old Nov 15th 2007, 3:11 pm

Redlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really nice
Default Re: Up at the crack of dawn!

ROCKGURL!!!! You've been missed!!! Where've you been??

Kids here have two sessions in many schools, due to the fact that the effers are too cheap to build more schools, so they get picked up at 6 am or something ridiculous! and then the second lot gets picked up later on in the morning...

School used to start at 7.25 on the dot for us..but we were home by 1.30.

Oh, it is TouristTrap btw...you haven't been around in a while
Old Nov 15th 2007, 3:13 pm
Account Closed

Rushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really nice

Who's been up Dawn's crack?

Oops
Old Nov 15th 2007, 3:16 pm

anabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rockgurl
Does anyone else wonder why Americans have to do everything so bloomin' early? It seems to me that everyone gets up much earlier here than back at home. I'm up at 4.30am to get to work for 7am and I'm always the last in the door. Everyone else is already there and consider that I come in late, but if I get up any earlier there won't be any point going to bed! Sometimes (when I'm really running late) I see kids waiting for the school bus before 7am. WTF? When I was a kid I didn't even roll out of bed until 7.30am. Even if I leave really early there's always so many cars on the road. It seems like Americans fel the need to pack so much into their day that they need to get up at before the cock crows!
Japan is worse if that makes you feel better..
Old Nov 15th 2007, 3:42 pm

Redlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really nice

Originally Posted by Rushman

Oops
Ohhh mister.......naughty naughty
Old Nov 15th 2007, 3:49 pm
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Redlippie
Kids here have two sessions in many schools, due to the fact that the effers are too cheap to build more schools, so they get picked up at 6 am or something ridiculous! and then the second lot gets picked up later on in the morning...
For us the cost cutting comes because a fewer number of buses are needed -- the elementary kids start at 7.45 am and high schoolers at 9 am.

However -- because my daughters are transferred out of suburban hell into very good schools, my eldest has to catch her bus at 6 am and I've got to begin the commute with the youngest between 6.45 - 7 am.

I HATE mornings. My colleagues now not to say "good morning" to me -- I only accept "morning"!
Old Nov 15th 2007, 3:50 pm

Our lottery takes in billions every year, was started as it was going to go to education, yet, most of the schools in the city have portables on their playing fields. It makes me madder than hell.
Old Nov 15th 2007, 4:15 pm

hatfield1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Redlippie
Our lottery takes in billions every year, was started as it was going to go to education, yet, most of the schools in the city have portables on their playing fields. It makes me madder than hell.
Try getting up earlier..
Old Nov 16th 2007, 1:01 am
BE Forum Addict

Dan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by anabella
Japan is worse if that makes you feel better..
At least they get more than 2 weeks a year off though....

I've noticed the early bird thing here too. Mornings when I've had to set off at 5am to catch an early morning flight I've thought "This'll be a nice quick trip to the airport" - but while its not quite like rush hour, the amount of traffic on the road is still astounding.
Old Nov 16th 2007, 1:22 am
In yonder hills

britex01 has a reputation beyond reputebritex01 has a reputation beyond reputebritex01 has a reputation beyond reputebritex01 has a reputation beyond reputebritex01 has a reputation beyond reputebritex01 has a reputation beyond reputebritex01 has a reputation beyond reputebritex01 has a reputation beyond reputebritex01 has a reputation beyond reputebritex01 has a reputation beyond reputebritex01 has a reputation beyond repute

It seems like Americans fel the need to pack so much into their day that they need to get up at before the cock crows!
Interesting! I learned this from my Texan wife - here in the UK (when she's here). Actually, I thought it was just her 'thing', a conditioning! Over three years (on and off) I can't recall one morning waking up beside her - she was up, dressed, full of fight and fury, whilst I, blissfully, remained dead to the world!

One consolation... stirring awake to the fresh smell of coffee at the bedside and.... Well, this much depended on how busy she was! ...
Old Nov 16th 2007, 1:59 am

Englishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Re: Up at the crack of dawn!

Originally Posted by Rushman

Oops

My husband......
Old Nov 16th 2007, 2:40 am
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Yes and I ****ing hate it because I'm a night owl.
Old Nov 16th 2007, 3:05 am

Originally Posted by Englishmum
My husband......
You bad.
Old Nov 16th 2007, 3:39 am
You're all mugs!

dukeynorton has a reputation beyond reputedukeynorton has a reputation beyond reputedukeynorton has a reputation beyond reputedukeynorton has a reputation beyond reputedukeynorton has a reputation beyond reputedukeynorton has a reputation beyond reputedukeynorton has a reputation beyond reputedukeynorton has a reputation beyond reputedukeynorton has a reputation beyond reputedukeynorton has a reputation beyond reputedukeynorton has a reputation beyond repute

.....and I said Dawn get off my face!
Old Nov 16th 2007, 5:06 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

I'm at work around 8:30-9am after I drop the missus off....I'm usually one of the first ones in there except one or two people who then head home early.

It is a tad unusual though.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.