Unbelievable.

Old May 12th 2021, 5:20 pm

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute
Default Unbelievable.

Yesterday we had a new bed and mattress delivered by Ashley Furniture Stores. Part of the deal was the old mattress would be taken away by them at time of delivery. They arrive and it takes about 45 minutes for them to get everything in and assemble the bed. The old mattress was in the room ready to go. We go look and check out the new bed etc and everything is OK. The delivery crew leave.

About 2 hours latter I need to get something from a cupboard in the guest bedroom. Open the door and there blocking the entry to the room, is the old mattress off our old bed. The bastards rather than take it away had hidden it in another room. Mrs L has me confined to the house as I am wanting to load the old mattress in our truck and take it to the store and tell the store manager his fortune.
Old May 12th 2021, 5:22 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Unbelievable.

Originally Posted by lansbury
Yesterday we had a new bed and mattress delivered by Ashley Furniture Stores. Part of the deal was the old mattress would be taken away by them at time of delivery. They arrive and it takes about 45 minutes for them to get everything in and assemble the bed. The old mattress was in the room ready to go. We go look and check out the new bed etc and everything is OK. The delivery crew leave.

About 2 hours latter I need to get something from a cupboard in the guest bedroom. Open the door and there blocking the entry to the room, is the old mattress off our old bed. The bastards rather than take it away had hidden it in another room. Mrs L has me confined to the house as I am wanting to load the old mattress in our truck and take it to the store and tell the store manager his fortune.

I know this is really annoying, but this story made be burst out laughing at the absurdity of their actions. What on earth were they thinking? That you wouldn't notice?
Old May 12th 2021, 5:45 pm

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter
I know this is really annoying, but this story made be burst out laughing at the absurdity of their actions. What on earth were they thinking? That you wouldn't notice?
I can see the funny side of this, but as you say what went through their minds, or that it wouldn't come back on them. Mrs L is waiting a call back from the store.
Old May 12th 2021, 5:50 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond repute

I can see the funny side of this, but as you say what went through their minds, or that it wouldn't come back on them. Mrs L is waiting a call back from the store.
You should have named this " I don't believe it!" because it really sounds like a Victor Meldrew episode😆
Old May 12th 2021, 7:38 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe they were all stoned (weed being legal in Oregon) and just forgot that they had left it there, meaning to take it out later?
Old May 12th 2021, 7:54 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter
Maybe they were all stoned (weed being legal in Oregon) and just forgot that they had left it there, meaning to take it out later?
Beat me to it and I think he doth protest too much. They took the mattress from the bedroom and moved it into another room so they removed it or was BIP under the assumption that take it away means remove it from the house? Regardless of what their explanation is you cant but laugh and smack your head at the same time. Definite material for a Fawlty Towers episode.
Old May 12th 2021, 9:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

MMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond repute

+ because words fail
I hope you didn't tip them

Old May 12th 2021, 9:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

ddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond repute

We just bought a Ashley mattress a few days ago. It came in a box, not the mattress size box you would expect but a tiny box with mattress rolled up by a machine. Out of the box it expanded to full size and we were advised to let it expand for 48 hours before use. Probably to off gas as well. It now is a nice very firm standard mattress which I had initial doubts due to the way it was packaged.
Old May 13th 2021, 11:26 am
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

I doubt this was intentional tbh, since it will lead to both of them likely losing their jobs - perhaps they just moved it out of the way, and then forgot to collect it.

We also had a new mattress delivered this weekend, coincidentally. Not as high brow as Ashley though, just plain old Mattress Firm
Old May 13th 2021, 1:22 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

The order was to remove the mattress and they did. The order didn't say where it had to be removed to.
Old May 13th 2021, 1:47 pm

Originally Posted by MMcD
+ because words fail
I hope you didn't tip them
Fortunately not.

Originally Posted by civilservant
I doubt this was intentional tbh, since it will lead to both of them likely losing their jobs - perhaps they just moved it out of the way, and then forgot to collect it.
We did think that at first but the fact they shut the door makes us think otherwise. The stores excuse was the old mattress was not wrapped up. They require them, to be wrapped, would of been useful if they had told us that before the delivery, not after. So I guess rather than tell us they couldn't take it, they just hid it.

Originally Posted by Rete
The order was to remove the mattress and they did. The order didn't say where it had to be removed to.
They missed the re bit out, they just moved it.
Old May 13th 2021, 3:14 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Fortunately not.

We did think that at first but the fact they shut the door makes us think otherwise. The stores excuse was the old mattress was not wrapped up. They require them, to be wrapped, would of been useful if they had told us that before the delivery, not after. So I guess rather than tell us they couldn't take it, they just hid it.

They missed the re bit out, they just moved it.
hehehehe but does the contract say to remove it from the house?

Hope they send a truck to pick itup.
Old May 13th 2021, 4:32 pm

Originally Posted by Rete
hehehehe but does the contract say to remove it from the house?

Hope they send a truck to pick itup.
Luckily the city has a free rubbish pick up day once a year, for large items. This year is on June 12th so getting rid of it is no more hassle then dragging it to the sidewalk to be picked up. Until then hope no-one wants to stay as the guest bedroom is rather full.
Old May 13th 2021, 9:08 pm
Forum Regular

strat has a reputation beyond reputestrat has a reputation beyond reputestrat has a reputation beyond reputestrat has a reputation beyond reputestrat has a reputation beyond reputestrat has a reputation beyond reputestrat has a reputation beyond reputestrat has a reputation beyond reputestrat has a reputation beyond reputestrat has a reputation beyond reputestrat has a reputation beyond repute

Thought I’d add this on a similar note…. Bought a bed, made to order, sort of country rustic thing, took 4 months to be made (barn wood) then came to shipping… and much to my shame, I read the small print more closely, albeit somewhat late… “ this item may be too big for f’dex freight lift gate offloading, customer may need to offload if driver refuses! Panic ensued since I don’t have a fork lift hanging around in my garage…. When it finally arrived the driver miraculously managed to get it to the ground without killing himself, tho it did totter as it sort of lurched onto the lift gate. Then the other fine print, customer is responsible for crate access and disposal… after removing 100+ screws by hand…. We dragged the pieces inside and I spent the next two days cutting the 90”x60”x36” crate into small enough pieces so the trash guys would take it away and/or others would come by and pick the best pieces for their projects…. I’ll read more closely next time…. Nice bed tho’
Old May 13th 2021, 10:27 pm
In the pink

Mallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond repute

We had a sofa delivered. We wanted the old sofa to go upstairs to a bonus room. Regular flight of stairs. Took all the cushions, seat cushions and back cushions out, so just the frame. Offered the men $20 each to take it up the stairs. The lead guy refused. Said it was not the going rate. OK then, bye.
What is the going rate?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.