UK TV Programs

Old Dec 26th 2014, 11:16 am
Forum Regular

Keith S is a name known to allKeith S is a name known to allKeith S is a name known to allKeith S is a name known to allKeith S is a name known to allKeith S is a name known to allKeith S is a name known to allKeith S is a name known to allKeith S is a name known to allKeith S is a name known to allKeith S is a name known to all
Default Re: UK TV Programs

Just watched the Xmas special Downton Abbey. What an amazing production. The writing, acting and scenery are all first class. Now have to wait until next autumn for the series to continue.
Old Dec 29th 2014, 7:01 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Guindalf
Top Gear Patagonia Special airs on Saturday & Sunday and, of course, the Christmas Doctor Who is on today.
That, I've got on in the background now.

Got Blackstone 42, Miranda, Would I Lie to you, Cuckoo, Not Going Out, Downton and My Family all on the back burner, not had the chance to watch them yet.
Old Dec 29th 2014, 10:25 pm
half a century

The4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond repute

Rik Mayall- lord of Misrule was interesting .
Old Jan 6th 2015, 12:35 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Anyone catch the new Broadchurch?
Old Jan 6th 2015, 12:48 pm

Nutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
No. Since moving (still not really settled in), I have not got all my TV stuff figured out yet. Did you get to see it? And, do I want to?

(Allowing for the fact that I did enjoy the first one).
Old Jan 6th 2015, 12:58 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Not yet. I've got it lined up, but we're still catching up on some other stuff first. Was thinking it might be worth getting a few episodes first if it's any good...
Old Jan 6th 2015, 4:43 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Hotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
Yup!

Bombshell...that's all.
Old Jan 6th 2015, 8:19 pm
Forum Regular

phodg is an unknown quantity at this point

For those who don't get British TV by other means, the Sundance channel is showing "Babylon" starting this week. Excellent police comedy/drama.
Old Jan 6th 2015, 9:14 pm
half a century

The4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
Ooh yes! Although a couple of times I thought I was watching Dr Who !
Old Jan 6th 2015, 9:21 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Originally Posted by The4BellsLondon
Ooh yes! Although a couple of times I thought I was watching Dr Who !
The US remake had a bunch of Dr Who Easter eggs thrown in, which was kind of fun...
Old Jan 9th 2015, 1:30 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Agatha Raisin, The Quiche of Death

I'm not sure if it's a one off or a soon to be series, but it was on over the new years. Very cheesy murder mystery type story that's pretty fun. Based on a series of books.

High flyer from London moves to the Cotsworlds, doesn't fit in and ends up trying to figure things out when someone dies.

Worth a punt if you're into these kind of mysteries.
Old Jan 9th 2015, 3:21 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
Agatha Raisin, The Quiche of Death

I'm not sure if it's a one off or a soon to be series, but it was on over the new years. Very cheesy murder mystery type story that's pretty fun. Based on a series of books.

High flyer from London moves to the Cotsworlds, doesn't fit in and ends up trying to figure things out when someone dies.

Worth a punt if you're into these kind of mysteries.
Thanks Bob...I'll keep an eye open for that.

Another to watch out for is a three parter...starring Ray Winston and Amanda Redman.
Old Jan 13th 2015, 1:38 am
He/him

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

I like travel shows, there are two recent ones worth a look:
"Mekong with Sue Perkins", and "Walking the Nile"

Now what I hate about some of these shows is the false sense of danger that they like to create, just get on with it will you. Yes its a slope but you arnt going to fall to your death, yes you've got blisters, but your foot wont be amputated.

Well they were at it on Walking the Nile, yes its hot, yes dehydration is something to look out for, yes heat stroke is not pleasant, 'but just get on with it will you' I am saying to myself, then they cut to the presenter and he says "Matt just died". Wow.
Old Jan 18th 2015, 8:00 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

New series of Death in Paradise, a couple episodes in...anyone catch it?

I ended up liking the change in direction in the last series and have these lined up but not gotten around to watching them yet.
Old Jan 19th 2015, 1:53 am
cxx
BE Enthusiast

cxx has a reputation beyond reputecxx has a reputation beyond reputecxx has a reputation beyond reputecxx has a reputation beyond reputecxx has a reputation beyond reputecxx has a reputation beyond reputecxx has a reputation beyond reputecxx has a reputation beyond reputecxx has a reputation beyond reputecxx has a reputation beyond reputecxx has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
New series of Death in Paradise, a couple episodes in...anyone catch it?

I ended up liking the change in direction in the last series and have these lined up but not gotten around to watching them yet.
Not finding them as good as the previous series, and still prefer the original guy.....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.