British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Trailer Park (https://britishexpats.com/forum/trailer-park-96/)
-   -   UK TV Programs (https://britishexpats.com/forum/trailer-park-96/uk-tv-programs-769630/)

Cardienscarf Mar 19th 2014 4:48 pm

Re: UK TV Programs

There's a new chat show - The Michael McIntyre Chat Show on BBC1 Monday nights. The first one was very funny so I hope he can keep it up.

lf1 Mar 19th 2014 8:11 pm

Originally Posted by Cardienscarf (Post 11180710)
There's a new chat show - The Michael McIntyre Chat Show on BBC1 Monday nights. The first one was very funny so I hope he can keep it up.

I like Michael McIntyre, but I wasn't sure if this format would be a good fit for him. So far, I have quite enjoyed the show and really liked the segment with Jeremy Clarkson when they were discussing pedestrian crossing lights. Hope it does well.

Bob Mar 20th 2014 4:23 pm

Line of Duty has been great so far. Though it was a bit slower to get up to pace this time around I thought as the characters weren't quite as gripping.

Still, it's a great show and a lot of fun and intrigue.

lf1 Mar 20th 2014 11:09 pm

Endeavour returns to ITV on Sunday, 30 March

civilservant Mar 22nd 2014 10:43 pm

Originally Posted by Bob (Post 11182425)
Line of Duty has been great so far. Though it was a bit slower to get up to pace this time around I thought as the characters weren't quite as gripping.

I preferred this to the first series. Lennie James was great though.

cluedweasel Mar 22nd 2014 11:47 pm

Originally Posted by lf1 (Post 11183065)
Endeavour returns to ITV on Sunday, 30 March

Thanks for that. I liked the first set a lot.

Jerseygirl Mar 23rd 2014 4:56 pm

Originally Posted by Bob (Post 11182425)

I found it very confusing and felt let down by the ending.

Lion in Winter Mar 23rd 2014 5:03 pm

Originally Posted by cluedweasel (Post 11186054)

Excellent. I've been waiting for that.

lf1 Mar 23rd 2014 8:59 pm

A couple of the other shows I have been enjoying are Shetland on BBC (based on the crime fiction books by Ann Cleeves) and The Widower (ITV), based on a true story. Apologies, if these have already been mentioned upthread, but I get mixed up between this and the Broadchurch thread.

I am now watching the final episode of Line of Duty (series 2) and I have to agree with the comment made about if being a bit confusing. I can't keep track of all the different police depts. However, I am enjoying it, in spite of the violent bits, which I don't care for at all.

lf1 Mar 23rd 2014 9:05 pm

Originally Posted by cluedweasel (Post 11186054)

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter (Post 11187010)
Excellent. I've been waiting for that.

Me too. It took me a little while to warm up to the younger version of Morse, but I am now a big fan.

cluedweasel Mar 23rd 2014 11:26 pm

While we're on crime dramas, Broadchurch is back on April 22nd.

Lion in Winter Mar 23rd 2014 11:36 pm

Originally Posted by cluedweasel (Post 11187394)
While we're on crime dramas, Broadchurch is back on April 22nd.

I'm only just over my depressive episode induced by the last series. The thing was practically Swedish. Never seen so many disturbed people in one village :blink:

Lion in Winter Mar 23rd 2014 11:40 pm

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl (Post 11186998)
I found it very confusing and felt let down by the ending.

I thought a lot of the direction switches in 1 to 5 were good. But episode 6 didnt really come from anywhere. Felt as though they just had to figure out how to end it and it didn't end as cleverly as it started.

dlake02 Mar 25th 2014 3:33 am

Just watched "Turks and Caicos" on BBC2. Superb near le-Carre spy story by David Hare (written and directed).

Some of my all-time favourite actors (Bill Nighy, Helen Bonham-Carter, Ralph Fiennes, etc) and a sequel to "Phase Eight" from 2011.

Third and final part later this week "Salting the Battlefield."

Guardian and Indy both rated it very highly....

toopie28 Mar 27th 2014 3:56 pm

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter (Post 11187409)
I thought a lot of the direction switches in 1 to 5 were good. But episode 6 didnt really come from anywhere. Felt as though they just had to figure out how to end it and it didn't end as cleverly as it started.

Exactly what I thought! Loved it up to the final episode. I felt somewhat cheated.

Is the 1st Line of Duty better?