UK TV Programs

Old May 14th 2013, 10:48 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK TV Programs

Anyone catch The Fall?

It's a 5 part series, though I don't know if that's separate stories or one continuous one.

Has Gillian Anderson, set in Ireland, about a cop brought in from the Met to help out with a potential serial killer.

As for VPN's, there are loads of recommendations on the paid front, StrongVPN and OpenVPN come to mind as being mentioned lots.
Old May 15th 2013, 1:15 am

penguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
Finally saw that last episode of Endeavour.

Really enjoyed the series. Rather liked how Thaw's daughter was still in the series as that reporter and that the ME chap looked like the original one in Morse before he died.

Also nice touch that Colin Dexter making a cameo in each episode, that was fun to try and spot.

That shoe shop too, in the third episode, it's the only shop on that street that has been in business throughout the Morse/Lewis shows as well, so nice to see that get a feature. Not to many shops these days were around back when this was set, apart from Blackwells and most of the pubs.

Bit of a shame that the Victoria Arms didn't get a feature though. That was the pub featured in the first and last episode of both, Morse and Lewis shows.
I would probably watch a spinoff called "Inspector Thursday" should they choose that route.
Old May 15th 2013, 3:27 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by penguinsix
I would probably watch a spinoff called "Inspector Thursday" should they choose that route.
Yes, I rather liked that character too and they did leave a lot of hints to a bit of background potential for story lines.
Old May 15th 2013, 12:16 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Frankie, a new BBC1 medical drama, following the life of a nurse I think. Anyone catch the first episode?
Old May 15th 2013, 12:19 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
Frankie, a new BBC1 medical drama, following the life of a nurse I think. Anyone catch the first episode?
No but I intend to give it a try.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/tv-and-rad...annibal-review
Old May 15th 2013, 10:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

toopie28 has a reputation beyond reputetoopie28 has a reputation beyond reputetoopie28 has a reputation beyond reputetoopie28 has a reputation beyond reputetoopie28 has a reputation beyond reputetoopie28 has a reputation beyond reputetoopie28 has a reputation beyond reputetoopie28 has a reputation beyond reputetoopie28 has a reputation beyond reputetoopie28 has a reputation beyond reputetoopie28 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
Anyone catch The Fall?

It's a 5 part series, though I don't know if that's separate stories or one continuous one.

Has Gillian Anderson, set in Ireland, about a cop brought in from the Met to help out with a potential serial killer.

As for VPN's, there are loads of recommendations on the paid front, StrongVPN and OpenVPN come to mind as being mentioned lots.
Yes. I liked it. But then I like her and think she's a great actress. She has not changed a BIT since the Scully days (her face that is). And it's continuous.

The killer on the show is very attractive.(just thought I'd mention that )

Question - I tried to watch Broadchurch on UK catch-up but it just gives me that last 3 episodes and not the first 5 - any idea how to watch the whole series?
Old May 16th 2013, 3:07 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Originally Posted by Bob
Anyone catch The Fall?

Rather enjoyed it, but it was a pretty slow starting first episode. Weird bit of back and forth in the time line from current to the past which took a bit of getting used to.
Old May 16th 2013, 1:08 pm
Forum Regular

Keith S is a name known to allKeith S is a name known to allKeith S is a name known to allKeith S is a name known to allKeith S is a name known to allKeith S is a name known to allKeith S is a name known to allKeith S is a name known to allKeith S is a name known to allKeith S is a name known to allKeith S is a name known to all

Originally Posted by toopie28
Yes. I liked it. But then I like her and think she's a great actress. She has not changed a BIT since the Scully days (her face that is). And it's continuous.

The killer on the show is very attractive.(just thought I'd mention that )

Question - I tried to watch Broadchurch on UK catch-up but it just gives me that last 3 episodes and not the first 5 - any idea how to watch the whole series?
You could download the episodes to Utorrent from TvChaosUK.
Old May 17th 2013, 3:35 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Originally Posted by Bob
Enjoyed it.

It does centre around the nurse who does home visits for various patients and gets swept up by it a little and how it affects her personal life as well as with her colleagues.

Worth a punt this and it looked like it was going to get a lot heavier in the second episode too.
Old May 19th 2013, 10:40 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1748888/

Case Histories, with Jason Isaacs, back for a second series. Pretty good too, but been a while since the first series.
Old May 19th 2013, 11:22 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1748888/

Case Histories, with Jason Isaacs, back for a second series. Pretty good too, but been a while since the first series.
Great...I enjoyed the last series.
Old May 20th 2013, 12:49 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Great...I enjoyed the last series.
Yeah, was a great little show and some lovely scenery. Sounds like it gets off to a bit of a bang too, so definitely watching this
Old May 24th 2013, 2:39 am
BE Enthusiast

cluedweasel has a reputation beyond reputecluedweasel has a reputation beyond reputecluedweasel has a reputation beyond reputecluedweasel has a reputation beyond reputecluedweasel has a reputation beyond reputecluedweasel has a reputation beyond reputecluedweasel has a reputation beyond reputecluedweasel has a reputation beyond reputecluedweasel has a reputation beyond reputecluedweasel has a reputation beyond reputecluedweasel has a reputation beyond repute

I presume this is our revenge for the US Gavin and Stacy remake;
http://metro.co.uk/2013/05/09/lee-ma...eboot-3747439/
Old May 24th 2013, 2:41 am
Forum Regular

MiniBrit has a reputation beyond reputeMiniBrit has a reputation beyond reputeMiniBrit has a reputation beyond reputeMiniBrit has a reputation beyond reputeMiniBrit has a reputation beyond reputeMiniBrit has a reputation beyond reputeMiniBrit has a reputation beyond reputeMiniBrit has a reputation beyond reputeMiniBrit has a reputation beyond reputeMiniBrit has a reputation beyond reputeMiniBrit has a reputation beyond repute

US version of The Great British Bake-Off coming. What could possibly go wrong?

http://www.cbs.com/shows/american-baking-competition/
Old May 24th 2013, 5:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

HumphreyC has a reputation beyond reputeHumphreyC has a reputation beyond reputeHumphreyC has a reputation beyond reputeHumphreyC has a reputation beyond reputeHumphreyC has a reputation beyond reputeHumphreyC has a reputation beyond reputeHumphreyC has a reputation beyond reputeHumphreyC has a reputation beyond reputeHumphreyC has a reputation beyond reputeHumphreyC has a reputation beyond reputeHumphreyC has a reputation beyond repute

I'm keeping an eye out for this one - The White Queen, Phillipa Gregory adaptation for BBC and Starz. Might be good and it's coming along in what is usually the summer TV dead zone after all the good shows have ended.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2372220/

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.