UK TV

Old Dec 24th 2014, 5:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

tony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond repute
Default UK TV

I have the TunnelBear program for watching UK TV. No problem in the past but unable to connect to I Player today etc etc. It seems I have to sign in which has not been necessary before. Comment would be welcome. Merry Christmas every one!
Old Dec 24th 2014, 5:30 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK TV

No idea Tony but Merry Christmas to you.
Old Dec 24th 2014, 7:53 pm
Forum Regular

chuckles67 has much to be proud ofchuckles67 has much to be proud ofchuckles67 has much to be proud ofchuckles67 has much to be proud ofchuckles67 has much to be proud ofchuckles67 has much to be proud ofchuckles67 has much to be proud ofchuckles67 has much to be proud ofchuckles67 has much to be proud ofchuckles67 has much to be proud ofchuckles67 has much to be proud of

Sorry don't know about TunnelBear, but I've been using StrongDNS.com without issue for BBC iPlayer. It's a bit tricky to set up (helmets on) as every time your ISP changes your IP address then you need to update the service with StrongDNS.com, Tunnelbear too?, but otherwise I find this easier than using VPN services.
Old Dec 24th 2014, 8:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

tony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chuckles67
Sorry don't know about TunnelBear, but I've been using StrongDNS.com without issue for BBC iPlayer. It's a bit tricky to set up (helmets on) as every time your ISP changes your IP address then you need to update the service with StrongDNS.com, Tunnelbear too?, but otherwise I find this easier than using VPN services.
Thank you for the response. When I open TunnelBear on my Desktop it takes forever to connect and when I do IPlayer does not respond. The reverse is the opposite on my laptop so problem solved. Use my laptop. I put it down to the Security programmes I have on my Desktop which although I have security on my laptop are not the same ones.
Old Dec 26th 2014, 12:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

Guindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond repute

I manage just fine with Chrome and the Hola app.

Best of all, it's free.
Old Dec 31st 2014, 11:35 pm
Forum Regular

Birt Tiddler is a name known to allBirt Tiddler is a name known to allBirt Tiddler is a name known to allBirt Tiddler is a name known to allBirt Tiddler is a name known to allBirt Tiddler is a name known to allBirt Tiddler is a name known to allBirt Tiddler is a name known to allBirt Tiddler is a name known to allBirt Tiddler is a name known to allBirt Tiddler is a name known to all

Been using TB for about 18months for absolute sure its taking longer to connect last few months, but make sure you have the latest version/updates and should be OK once connected. Was losing the will with it a few weeks ago then updated, seemed to improve its speed once connected. Happy new year everyone
Old Jan 1st 2015, 12:00 am
Forum Regular

chuckles67 has much to be proud ofchuckles67 has much to be proud ofchuckles67 has much to be proud ofchuckles67 has much to be proud ofchuckles67 has much to be proud ofchuckles67 has much to be proud ofchuckles67 has much to be proud ofchuckles67 has much to be proud ofchuckles67 has much to be proud ofchuckles67 has much to be proud ofchuckles67 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Guindalf
I manage just fine with Chrome and the Hola app.

Best of all, it's free.
Really interesting - thanks.

But does this allow you to use BBC iPlayer Downloads?
Old Jan 1st 2015, 3:56 am
BE Forum Addict

Guindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chuckles67
Really interesting - thanks.

But does this allow you to use BBC iPlayer Downloads?
Don't need 'em. I get my downloads through other means and watch anything I want on iPlayer streaming.

If it's a show I want to watch on the big screen, I download it and watch that way rather than bother with iPlayer. For me, it's a lot easier.
Old Jan 2nd 2015, 8:51 pm
Forum Regular

TheTokenBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

After struggling for a couple of years with various UK VPN I finally found the Hola app. I just switch it on, set it to browse from the UK and it works. Best of all it's free! Lovely jubbly!
Old Jan 16th 2015, 1:01 am
Forum Regular

NCSox is an unknown quantity at this point

I had noticed how slow tunnel bear is running. Also since I updated my ipad2, it asks for my password. Usually only allows me to watch 1 programme on the itv player before having to sign back in.