UK Food

Old Jan 29th 2014, 5:38 pm
Forum Regular

PetW has much to be proud ofPetW has much to be proud ofPetW has much to be proud ofPetW has much to be proud ofPetW has much to be proud ofPetW has much to be proud ofPetW has much to be proud ofPetW has much to be proud ofPetW has much to be proud ofPetW has much to be proud ofPetW has much to be proud of
Default UK Food

I wonder if anyone feels the same way that I do about UK food.
I have lived here in the US for almost seven years. During the first three or four years I craved British food and snacks. I recently visited a 'British food shop' here in the US. I bought Pork pies, Black pudding, bacon, lots of tinned foods, biscuits, and of course potato crisps of various flavors.
I was so disappointed because with the exception of the pork pies it all tasted poor by comparison to the food I have now adapted to here in the US.
I am going to Publix in a good frame of mind now lol
Old Jan 29th 2014, 5:50 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Hotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK Food

Been here in California 15 years. Eat a lovely, fresh and varied diet.
However I miss British food and stock up when I can.
(Or my dear wife makes it..we love our Indian and Chinese curry's.)
Old Jan 29th 2014, 7:12 pm
Deep in the woods of CT

Nutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by PetW
I wonder if anyone feels the same way that I do about UK food.
I have lived here in the US for almost seven years. During the first three or four years I craved British food and snacks. I recently visited a 'British food shop' here in the US. I bought Pork pies, Black pudding, bacon, lots of tinned foods, biscuits, and of course potato crisps of various flavors.
I was so disappointed because with the exception of the pork pies it all tasted poor by comparison to the food I have now adapted to here in the US.
I am going to Publix in a good frame of mind now lol
The only thing I ever missed was fish and chips -- nowadays when I'm in the UK and have the opportunity to eat them, I don't enjoy them at all as I'm so unused to eating fried food. Sacrilege, I know, but they leave my mouth feeling greasy and horrible!
Old Jan 29th 2014, 7:16 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Hotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond repute

If you're ever up this way...
http://www.anstrutherfishbar.co.uk/
Old Jan 29th 2014, 7:44 pm
Deep in the woods of CT

Nutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hotscot
If you're ever up this way...
http://www.anstrutherfishbar.co.uk/
If it's deep fried, my palate can't take it any longer! The fish and chips I'd always loved in Yorkshire left my mouth completely "claggy," as my old mum used to say.