Wikiposts

UGA today

Old Oct 12th 2008, 12:03 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UGA today

Originally Posted by MsElui
tailgating is big business here in Ohio as the OSU college team is a major draw!
Ah - and it's hard to get tickets to see OSU - so more demand for tailgating. We went to a game earlier this year. The girl next to me had painted her toes in stripes of red and gray. Wow.
Old Oct 12th 2008, 2:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

The_English_Bride is a name known to allThe_English_Bride is a name known to allThe_English_Bride is a name known to allThe_English_Bride is a name known to allThe_English_Bride is a name known to allThe_English_Bride is a name known to allThe_English_Bride is a name known to allThe_English_Bride is a name known to allThe_English_Bride is a name known to allThe_English_Bride is a name known to allThe_English_Bride is a name known to all

Originally Posted by TruBrit
i've actually been to some ball games here but don't see the point of sitting outside in the car park watching the tv.... it's like going to a concert and sitting outside while it's all going on inside...
Yeah, I know what you mean. Obviously if you can get tickets then going in and watching the game is better. A lot of people tailgate before and after the game to get in the mood and, or celebrate too, though!
Old Oct 13th 2008, 7:58 am

penguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond repute

When I was in school we had a tailgate once and these guys pulled up with a beat up 1972 olive green station wagon and about five gallons of paint. They then drank a lot of beer and decided to repaint the car Orange and Blue (the colors of Illinois). Took them a lot of beer and a few hours, but when they were done creating the UofI death mobile they wrote on the side the memorable quote from Risky Business "Looks like the University of Illinois" (see the movie).

But anyway, I would strongly strongly suggest that any expat near a big college town try to go to a good tailgate party, just once at the least, to experience a great fall tradition in the US. You don't even have to go to the game but just spend some time out with friends eating and drinking. I think many would be surprised at the spreads some people prepare--some tailgates are just an amazing feast of good food. It's really something you should experience while over here.