Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

U Visas help illegal alien crime victims go to police...

U Visas help illegal alien crime victims go to police...

Old Jul 5th 2010, 9:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

Moonshadow_Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMoonshadow_Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMoonshadow_Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMoonshadow_Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMoonshadow_Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMoonshadow_Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMoonshadow_Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMoonshadow_Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMoonshadow_Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMoonshadow_Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMoonshadow_Girl has a reputation beyond repute
Default U Visas help illegal alien crime victims go to police...

http://www.sacbee.com/2010/07/05/286...l#mi_rss=Crime

This story listed in the Sacramento Bee, explains about the U Visa available to illegal alien crime victims to come forward to help testify against violent criminals.

I know in our office (I work for our local DA office in the Gang and Hate Crimes Unit), we have used this visa twice for illegal immigrants. Granted, our office does have protocols and has to be approved by our Admin before offering the U Visa. The two victims/witnesses we used them for were considered relevant and material witnesses. (Given our Unit name, you can be assured that all our cases are violent in nature). I can tell you that once approved by our office, the U Visas were granted quickly, and they were also eligible to file the I-765 (EAD).

(Sorry, I don't know if you have to pre-register.)
Old Jul 7th 2010, 12:18 pm

chartreuse is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: U Visas help illegal alien crime victims go to police...

The US is actually quite good about this. It's also the only country, to my knowledge, that offers a visa for victims of human trafficking - the T Visa.

Both visas provide a pathway to permanent residency.
Old Jul 7th 2010, 3:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

hobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: U Visas help illegal alien crime victims go to police...

Originally Posted by chartreuse
Both visas provide a pathway to permanent residency.
That'll be a new one for Pulaski's guide