Trayvon Update

Old May 18th 2012, 3:46 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Trayvon Update

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2012...t-mortem-drugs

I wonder if we will get an apology from Obama etc?
Old May 18th 2012, 3:48 am
Are we there yet?

Trixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Trayvon Update

When i was 17 they would have found traces of weed in my blood/urine. But it doesn't mean that I would have started a fight with some dude and deserved to be shot.

I'll wait until the trial to see if he was killed in self defense or not.
Old May 18th 2012, 3:53 am
Account Closed

I would be surprised if it ever gets that far.
Old May 18th 2012, 3:59 am
Are we there yet?

Trixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond repute

We'll see....
http://www.policymic.com/articles/85...lized-by-media
Old May 18th 2012, 4:04 am

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boiler

Oh no, Shock and horror. Traces of weed in his system you say? Well obviously that means he was extremely dangerous and about to attack someone or at the very least break into their houses, and everyone in the area was in danger. I'm only glad Zimmerman killed him when he did.

How about the police report that "There is no indication that Trayvon Martin was involved in any criminal activity at the time of the encounter."?

http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/...ort/55046944/1

Oh what the hell, just shoot him anyway.

Last edited by Lion in Winter; May 18th 2012 at 4:16 am. Reason: Oh dear, got the name wrong! How could I not be up to date on this? Tsk. Tsk.
Old May 18th 2012, 5:06 am
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

What the hell for?

This is what he said:
"Well, I'm the head of the executive branch, and the attorney general reports to me, so I've got to be careful about my statements to make sure that we're not impairing any investigation that's taking place right now.

But obviously, this is a tragedy. I can only imagine what these parents are going through. And when I think about this boy, I think about my own kids. And I think every parent in America should be able to understand why it is absolutely imperative that we investigate every aspect of this, and that everybody pulls together — federal, state and local — to figure out exactly how this tragedy happened.

So I'm glad that not only is the Justice Department looking into it, I understand now that the governor of the state of Florida has formed a task force to investigate what's taking place. I think all of us have to do some soul-searching to figure out how does something like this happen. And that means that examine the laws and the context for what happened, as well as the specifics of the incident.

But my main message is to the parents of Trayvon Martin. If I had a son, he'd look like Trayvon. And I think they are right to expect that all of us as Americans are going to take this with the seriousness it deserves, and that we're going to get to the bottom of exactly what happened."

So what's he got to apologize for?
Old May 18th 2012, 5:49 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Steerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond repute

I spent the years from 15 to 21 constantly stoned. I got a degree and ended up with a pretty good career. Are you suggesting that having traces of drugs in your system - especially drugs that make you giggle and sleepy - are justification for being shot?
Old May 18th 2012, 7:14 am
BE Forum Addict

md95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond repute

Big deal.

Traces of marijuana can still be detected several weeks after the last time that it was used and, in my experience, while people who are stoned may say and do stupid things, they do not usually tend to be violent - quite the opposite in fact.

At the end of the day we will never know what really happened.

I believe that, whether justified or not, both parties in this unfortunate incident were genuinely scared of each other and, by the time that the final confrontation took place each felt threatened by the other and attempted to defend themselves from a perceived threat (and it is worth remembering that Martin had just as much right to be there as Zimmermann did so, according to Florida law, he might well have been considered to be simply "standing his ground" ...)

If all that had ensued was a fist fight then we could have asked both of them what happened, compared their stories and tried to figure out who was the aggressor and who was the victim.

The problem is that one of them had a gun and the other didn't and one of them is dead ...
Old May 18th 2012, 11:00 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by md95065

Traces of marijuana can still be detected several weeks after the last time that it was used and, in my experience, while people who are stoned may say and do stupid things, they do not usually tend to be violent - quite the opposite in fact.

Perfectly true, and that is why many people fail workplace drug tests, depends on the degree of usage, body fat, whether a person has had a recent mea, many factors affect the retention tome, can be up to 6 weeks in some cases, and it's even possible to pass a test one day and fail it the next. marijuana is fat soluble, and is taken into the body's fat stores, it then is released slowly, but this can be acclerated by physical exercise or fasting. It also depends on the sensitivity of the test used, the cut off point for saying positive can vary from test to test, most tests use a cut off level so that 'second hand smoking' will not show up, but in the most sensitive tests it can.
Old May 18th 2012, 11:23 am

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by md95065
Big deal.

At the end of the day we will never know what really happened.

I believe that, whether justified or not, both parties in this unfortunate incident were genuinely scared of each other and, by the time that the final confrontation took place each felt threatened by the other and attempted to defend themselves from a perceived threat (and it is worth remembering that Martin had just as much right to be there as Zimmermann did so, according to Florida law, he might well have been considered to be simply "standing his ground" ...)

If all that had ensued was a fist fight then we could have asked both of them what happened, compared their stories and tried to figure out who was the aggressor and who was the victim.

The problem is that one of them had a gun and the other didn't and one of them is dead ...

Apparently, even in Florida, you cannot provoke a fight and then shoot someone and claim self defense. Even the police reports say the encounter was completely avoidable. Zimmerman pursued Martin, and provoked the encounter.
Old May 18th 2012, 11:30 am

Originally Posted by Steerpike
I spent the years from 15 to 21 constantly stoned. I got a degree and ended up with a pretty good career. Are you suggesting that having traces of drugs in your system - especially drugs that make you giggle and sleepy - are justification for being shot?

Perhaps he had a particularly aggressive case of the munchies? You know how dangerous that makes people.

I'm on the verge of starting a thread to poll the members on past use of weed. That way we can work out who should be shot and take care of it all at once.
Old May 18th 2012, 1:11 pm
Account Closed

He it seems was drugged up.

Zimmerman was beaten up.

Badly.

If it was not for the initial assumption Zimmerman was white there would be no issue.
Old May 18th 2012, 1:13 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Where on earth do you get that from.. the report says TRACES that's a long way from being drugged up, he may not have used for as long as 3 or 4 weeks.
Old May 18th 2012, 1:31 pm

Zimmerman was beaten up.

Badly.

If it was not for the initial assumption Zimmerman was white there would be no issue.
"Drugged up"????

Are you privy to information that the rest of us are not? "Traces of marijuana" is not "drugged up." And are you really so innocent that you have no idea how marijuana actually affects one?

Secondly, Zimmerman provoked the encounter. If you were walking down the street back to the place you were living, having been out for sweets and a soda, and a man first followed you in a car and then got out of the car and came towards you and accosted you - would you not be worried?

So I ask you, if the positions had been reversed, and Zimmerman had been walking down the street and Martin had first followed him and then accosted him, and Zimmerman had saw fit to defend himself with his fists, how would you see things then?
Old May 18th 2012, 1:37 pm
Account Closed

One of the witness described how Zimmerman was pinned on the ground being beaten up.

I did not realise that he only shot once.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.