Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

Travelling to the UK & Spain. Child Travel Consent

Travelling to the UK & Spain. Child Travel Consent

Old Mar 31st 2016, 8:50 pm
Forum Regular

savannah_boy has a reputation beyond reputesavannah_boy has a reputation beyond reputesavannah_boy has a reputation beyond reputesavannah_boy has a reputation beyond reputesavannah_boy has a reputation beyond reputesavannah_boy has a reputation beyond reputesavannah_boy has a reputation beyond reputesavannah_boy has a reputation beyond reputesavannah_boy has a reputation beyond reputesavannah_boy has a reputation beyond reputesavannah_boy has a reputation beyond repute
Question Travelling to the UK & Spain. Child Travel Consent

Hi everyone, we are looking to travel to UK and Spain for a trip to visit family and friends. The travellers are:
Myself (UKC with green card)
My 3 year old daughter (dual UK & USC).
My 13 year old stepson USC.

My wife won't be coming. She is custodial parent of my stepson. My stepson's father won't be coming.

Would the following cover any questions with the various passport controls?
1-A notarised permission from my wife in english & spanish for my daughter.
2 -A notarised permission from my wife and her ex in english & spanish for my stepson.

The trip isn't booked yet

Thanks in advance
Old Apr 1st 2016, 4:44 pm

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Travelling to the UK & Spain. Child Travel Consent

Yes that should cover it. Also have a means for anyone who may start asking questions to contact either your wife or her ex. Doesn't happen often but sometimes it is helpful to speak to the missing parent.
Old Apr 3rd 2016, 4:19 am
BE Forum Addict

Gordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond repute

I'm really not sure one always needs to have a formal consent-form. Touch wood not to jinx things, of course... but my son has travelled via the US from Europe to Cayman, and back, every year since about 2007 with his two daughters - one of which is legally not even his, and doesn't share his surname. Every year I beg him to get a proper authorisation from the girls' mother back home, signed by a notary or a Police Station, and every year he comes with the most casual of letters in misspelt and ungrammatical English written and signed by the (foreign) mother and not even witnessed, and every year US Immigration don't ask him to show it. He brushes aside my worries. "Dad, it's perfectly obvious that they're my kids!" Huh. Well, I guess...

So. That's just one story, but it's an encouraging one.
Old Apr 3rd 2016, 7:02 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gordon Barlow
I'm really not sure one always needs to have a formal consent-form. Touch wood not to jinx things, of course... but my son has travelled via the US from Europe to Cayman, and back, every year since about 2007 with his two daughters - one of which is legally not even his, and doesn't share his surname. Every year I beg him to get a proper authorisation from the girls' mother back home, signed by a notary or a Police Station, and every year he comes with the most casual of letters in misspelt and ungrammatical English written and signed by the (foreign) mother and not even witnessed, and every year US Immigration don't ask him to show it. He brushes aside my worries. "Dad, it's perfectly obvious that they're my kids!" Huh. Well, I guess...

So. That's just one story, but it's an encouraging one.
It's like all these things, it works till it doesn't, get an entry official who is having a bad day, and the lack of the letter would mean a very short holiday indeed.