Travelling

Old Sep 24th 2004, 3:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

andrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Travelling

Whoohoo, I'm going "home" to Canada in 2 weeks (Canadian Thanksgiving + a hastily thrown together second wedding reception). Now, just to confirm, ALL I need to travel is the stamp in my passport, right? Also, my passport is in my maiden name and my plane ticket is in my married name. A marriage certificate should take care of that, correct?
Old Sep 24th 2004, 3:48 pm
Forum Regular

hopelessinks is a jewel in the roughhopelessinks is a jewel in the roughhopelessinks is a jewel in the roughhopelessinks is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Travelling

Originally Posted by andrea874
Whoohoo, I'm going "home" to Canada in 2 weeks (Canadian Thanksgiving + a hastily thrown together second wedding reception). Now, just to confirm, ALL I need to travel is the stamp in my passport, right? Also, my passport is in my maiden name and my plane ticket is in my married name. A marriage certificate should take care of that, correct?
I would double check on the plane ticket thing...as far as I know...and I maybe wrong...the passport name and the name on the tickets should match...check with the airlines to make sure....
Old Sep 24th 2004, 4:06 pm
Forum Regular

hopelessinks is a jewel in the roughhopelessinks is a jewel in the roughhopelessinks is a jewel in the roughhopelessinks is a jewel in the rough

Hi Andrea...
I just called an airline to check out your situation...and unfortunately I am right...the name on the passport and ticket must match, and the marriage certificate will not help...call the airline to get the name on the ticket changed to match the name in your passport...and good luck with it...at least you have 2 weeks to get it done...

enjoy your vacation 'home'
Old Sep 24th 2004, 5:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

andrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hopelessinks
Hi Andrea...
I just called an airline to check out your situation...and unfortunately I am right...the name on the passport and ticket must match, and the marriage certificate will not help...call the airline to get the name on the ticket changed to match the name in your passport...and good luck with it...at least you have 2 weeks to get it done...

enjoy your vacation 'home'

Crap, I'm on the phone with the airline now and they "dont allow name changes" Eek
Old Sep 24th 2004, 6:12 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Crap, I'm on the phone with the airline now and they "dont allow name changes" Eek
Speak to a manager...or maybe your embassy could help with the passport?
wouldn't have a clue if they could, but worth a ring?
Old Sep 24th 2004, 6:13 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

You got it Andrea. We are going to Canada for Thanksgiving as well. Lovely being able to have two each year ;-)

Enjoy.

Rete
Old Sep 24th 2004, 6:15 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Andrea ... don't worry about it. You don't need a passport to enter Canada. You can use your NYS driver's license. And you can use your passport and marriage license.

Rete
Old Sep 24th 2004, 6:16 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by Bob
Speak to a manager...or maybe your embassy could help with the passport?
wouldn't have a clue if they could, but worth a ring?

Canadian Embassies will NOT help Canadian who are residing in the US with passport problems as Andrea has already found out.
Old Sep 24th 2004, 6:42 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rete
...We are going to Canada for Thanksgiving as well. Lovely being able to have two each year ;-)
Cheeky...and how does that work?
Old Sep 24th 2004, 6:44 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Canadian Embassies will NOT help Canadian who are residing in the US with passport problems as Andrea has already found out.
Oh well, was a thought...kind of surprising though.
Old Sep 24th 2004, 6:45 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by Bob
Cheeky...and how does that work?

Canada's thanksgiving is in October and the US is in November. We go to my sister-in-laws for Canada's Thanksgiving as well as celebrating our own down here.

And we get to Independence Days. Canada Day is July 1 and Independence Day in the US is July 4.

Rete
Old Sep 24th 2004, 6:47 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by Bob
Oh well, was a thought...kind of surprising though.

Nah it would appear on the surface that Canada or at least some PMs feel if you didn't like living in Canada and went to the US to reside in the bastardized country of America then they don't have to be of service to you 'cause you are a traitor.
Old Sep 24th 2004, 7:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

Well we got everything figured out, finally. The airline ended up just voiding that ticket and putting in a new one in my maiden name.

Yay for Canadian Thanksgiving. My husband thinks we're freaks for having it in October, but whatever, he's gotta learn that the world doesnt revolve around the US!
Old Sep 24th 2004, 7:07 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Canada's thanksgiving is in October and the US is in November. We go to my sister-in-laws for Canada's Thanksgiving as well as celebrating our own down here.

And we get to Independence Days. Canada Day is July 1 and Independence Day in the US is July 4.
Double dipping...now that's cheeky
Just need some canadian friends now me thinks...
Old Sep 24th 2004, 7:41 pm
Forum Regular

Well we got everything figured out, finally. The airline ended up just voiding that ticket and putting in a new one in my maiden name.

Yay for Canadian Thanksgiving. My husband thinks we're freaks for having it in October, but whatever, he's gotta learn that the world doesnt revolve around the US!

Glad to hear you got it all sorted out... I know Rete said you don't need your passport, but from what the airline told me it is better safe than sorry...afterall you wouldn't want to miss out on all that partying!!!

The airline rep told me that as Canada is classed as 'international' travel that you may well be asked for your passport, and that you don't want to risk travelling without everything being 'in order'

Have a wonderful time...I am real jealous, as I won't even have one proper thanksgiving let alone TWO, as my husband won't be here he will be overseas doing his duty in the military...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.