Travel back to UK

Old Dec 13th 2021, 9:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

newadventure has a reputation beyond reputenewadventure has a reputation beyond reputenewadventure has a reputation beyond reputenewadventure has a reputation beyond reputenewadventure has a reputation beyond reputenewadventure has a reputation beyond reputenewadventure has a reputation beyond reputenewadventure has a reputation beyond reputenewadventure has a reputation beyond reputenewadventure has a reputation beyond reputenewadventure has a reputation beyond repute
Default Travel back to UK

Hello,
Sorry, for some reason i can't get to the USA forum (but can access sub forums so posting here). We are heading back to UK on Thursday and trying to sort out our pre-departure covid test. CVS are telling us that their rapid tests are not suitable for travel. We have tried to explain what the requirements are from the UK gov website, but the person we have been speaking to doesn't understand the terminology. Anyone have a translation for the UK requirements into terms that a US person at a pharmacy would understand?
Many thanks
Old Dec 14th 2021, 12:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

robtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Travel back to UK

I wonder if they are confusing the Day 2 PCR test with the requirements to be tested before flying? The rapid test would indeed not meet the needs of the test you need to take on entry to the UK, but the UK Govt will accept any Antigen test for entry, be that Rapid Lateral Flow or PCR.
Old Dec 14th 2021, 2:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

newadventure has a reputation beyond reputenewadventure has a reputation beyond reputenewadventure has a reputation beyond reputenewadventure has a reputation beyond reputenewadventure has a reputation beyond reputenewadventure has a reputation beyond reputenewadventure has a reputation beyond reputenewadventure has a reputation beyond reputenewadventure has a reputation beyond reputenewadventure has a reputation beyond reputenewadventure has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by robtuck
I wonder if they are confusing the Day 2 PCR test with the requirements to be tested before flying? The rapid test would indeed not meet the needs of the test you need to take on entry to the UK, but the UK Govt will accept any Antigen test for entry, be that Rapid Lateral Flow or PCR.
Thanks. I think you are right. Just getting a little nervous now, so close, yet so many ways to screw up...
Old Dec 14th 2021, 4:43 pm
Sad old Crinkly Member

excpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond repute

Is that right? Good to know.
Just booked my arrivals test at Heathrow. 69UK pounds !

Old Dec 14th 2021, 5:02 pm
Forum Regular

BennyBall has a reputation beyond reputeBennyBall has a reputation beyond reputeBennyBall has a reputation beyond reputeBennyBall has a reputation beyond reputeBennyBall has a reputation beyond reputeBennyBall has a reputation beyond reputeBennyBall has a reputation beyond reputeBennyBall has a reputation beyond reputeBennyBall has a reputation beyond reputeBennyBall has a reputation beyond reputeBennyBall has a reputation beyond repute

Perfect timing to read your post because we all share valuable info.
I flew from Richmond to Heathrow via Newark on Sunday and took my pre departure antigen rapid test at a local CVS on Saturday, 24 hours before departure.
I had the results back via email within two hours.
We are required to download the negative result on the British / GOV website and the airline site too.
Nowhere in the USA did anyone ask to see a printout as I assume they had it entered into their system.
On arrival the at the British entry desk was the first and only time anyone requested to see the CVS rapid test results and she was perfectly happy with it.
Old Dec 14th 2021, 5:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BennyBall
Perfect timing to read your post because we all share valuable info.
I flew from Richmond to Heathrow via Newark on Sunday and took my pre departure antigen rapid test at a local CVS on Saturday, 24 hours before departure.
I had the results back via email within two hours.
We are required to download the negative result on the British / GOV website and the airline site too.
Nowhere in the USA did anyone ask to see a printout as I assume they had it entered into their system.
On arrival the at the British entry desk was the first and only time anyone requested to see the CVS rapid test results and she was perfectly happy with it.
That is really helpful, thanks. What did you do about the PCR test on arrival?
Old Dec 14th 2021, 7:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

joto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond repute

I think most of our vacation will be taken up with having to get covid tests. We are getting a rapid PCR test on the morning we are flying, then an antigen test for exit from Italy and entry to the UK and then another rapid antigen test for UK exit/US entry. Never had covid (touch wood), but have been vac'd and boostered, and masked when out. We don't want this trip to be kyboshed before it starts. I think there is a place in Bradley Terminal at LAX that can do rapid tests for international arrivals, although I'm not sure if it's required or on a voluntary basis. Hoping to see some other family members in a restaurant, but it all depends what Boris or the fish wife decide, if they can make up their minds and stick with it.
Old Dec 15th 2021, 9:02 am
Forum Regular

BennyBall has a reputation beyond reputeBennyBall has a reputation beyond reputeBennyBall has a reputation beyond reputeBennyBall has a reputation beyond reputeBennyBall has a reputation beyond reputeBennyBall has a reputation beyond reputeBennyBall has a reputation beyond reputeBennyBall has a reputation beyond reputeBennyBall has a reputation beyond reputeBennyBall has a reputation beyond reputeBennyBall has a reputation beyond repute

PCR testing was with Randox health, cost at 55.00. Location was at a local hotel car park on Bath Road, Ten minutes out from my arrival at Heathrow Terminal 2.
Return results are estimated at 48 hours and naturally we have needed to quarantine since then.
I have received one email to say that they have received my sample and it’s been sent to the lab for testing.
Old Dec 15th 2021, 1:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

robtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond repute

We have a walk in Urgent Care that has testing for travel near us for pre-flight tests and have booked ExpressTest for our arrival @ Heathrow. We fly into T3 and all slots were booked for that one on our arrival date, but T2 had plenty and is a quick trip through the underpass. The results are expected by 10pm the next day, so isolation until then (although reviews suggest it will be a quicker turnaround). Also booked the return tests needed for the USA for the day before our flights back, that's just a LFT. As things stand, while many US airports offer testing on arrival it is not mandatory to take one.
Old Dec 15th 2021, 2:33 pm
Sad old Crinkly Member

excpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond repute

We have a walk in Urgent Care that has testing for travel near us for pre-flight tests and have booked ExpressTest for our arrival @ Heathrow. We fly into T3 and all slots were booked for that one on our arrival date, but T2 had plenty and is a quick trip through the underpass. The results are expected by 10pm the next day, so isolation until then (although reviews suggest it will be a quicker turnaround). Also booked the return tests needed for the USA for the day before our flights back, that's just a LFT. As things stand, while many US airports offer testing on arrival it is not mandatory to take one.
I am doing similar. Have a test booked Jan 14 with Express Test in T3.
But using Binax self tests for the trip home.
Old Dec 15th 2021, 4:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

We fly tomorrow, arrive Friday morning at LHR. We had PCR tests yesterday, got results 9 hrs later. We have booked PCR arrival tests at T3, £70 each soon after we arrive. Will then self-isolate until we get the results (meant to be by 10pm following day). We ordered the Binax self tests from eMed and are taking those with us. What could possibly go wrong?
Old Dec 15th 2021, 7:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

joto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond repute

We are flying to Scotland via LHR, and got our various tests booked, all except the 2 day PCR test for arrival into Scotland. I don't know which provider will give timely, accurate results, as we are only staying there 5 days before we fly home again. We can do the swab at home or swab at a site, depending where that is. Any ideas?
Old Dec 15th 2021, 7:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

chawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BennyBall
PCR testing was with Randox health, cost at 55.00. Location was at a local hotel car park on Bath Road, Ten minutes out from my arrival at Heathrow Terminal 2.
Return results are estimated at 48 hours and naturally we have needed to quarantine since then.
I have received one email to say that they have received my sample and it’s been sent to the lab for testing.
We have a Randox test booked at Manchester Airport on Christmas Eve. Would be useful to know how quickly your results come back. We are hoping to go out for Christmas Dinner.
Old Dec 16th 2021, 7:42 am
Forum Regular

I’m going to reply giving you some mixed news. Although upon arrival at the Randox Heathrow testing Center it seemed a little manic with lots of staff, all rushing about, It was in fact very organised and after scanning my QR code, I was immediately shown through to the clinic area and from arrival to departure was no more than ten minutes.
I was given a receipt and told due to the high volume of testing my result might be anything up to 48 hours, but many get their email back sooner.
The bad news for you is that it did take exactly 48 hours to receive text and email confirmation of negative results and end quarantine.
But let’s be optimistic and say that they will have a full staff on your time of travel and you receive confirmation sooner than I did …. I think it could just be a Fingers Crossed situation.
Old Dec 17th 2021, 9:40 am
BE Enthusiast

Just landed at LHR 07:30. Passport control was fine, then joined the queue for arrivals PCR at T3. Took one and a half hours, largely because there were only 2 people doing the admin. They said we should get results by 10:00 pm tomorrow . We will see. Oh, and although Passenger locator form was checked at check in, no one has checked our 48 hr pre-flight -ve test

Last edited by newadventure; Dec 17th 2021 at 9:47 am.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.