British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Trailer Park (https://britishexpats.com/forum/trailer-park-96/)
-   -   Tragic Kingdom at Dismalworld Hikes Prices (https://britishexpats.com/forum/trailer-park-96/tragic-kingdom-dismalworld-hikes-prices-798984/)

Scouse Express Jun 3rd 2013 11:42 pm

Re: Tragic Kingdom at Dismalworld Hikes Prices

Originally Posted by Bob (Post 10739491)
Not if you've got to buy all that crap to go with it and pay camping fees....and then the mozzies :D

Then there's the Bear Shite, too

Michael Jun 4th 2013 2:13 am

Originally Posted by Manc (Post 10739385)
taking your kids camping in the woods by a lake is free.

And you can leave them there and tell them it is "Adventure Land".:D

AmerLisa Jun 4th 2013 4:44 am

Originally Posted by N1cky (Post 10739167)
Not many people go to Disney for the day though do they? If you are going on vacation, you are going to buy a multi-day ticket. If you are a local you're going to buy a season ticket. The only people I can think of who buy a single day ticket are people who are fairly local and might want to go and celebrate a birthday... or someone visiting locals who already have season passes, and they buy a 1 day ticket to go along with them.

Seems better value than Universal too, who are also above $90 per day, and I thought it was crap when we went a few weeks ago.

It is a really expensive vacation though.

Gone were the days that it would cost $5 to get in and you had coupon books for the rides....:)

We went last year, and purchased the City Pass thingy, one day at Sea World, 3 days at Disney and a day at Universal.... Thankfully Granny paid for it because for all of 4 us (Granny included, it was her holiday) it was well over $1100! :eek:

The day at Sea World was nice, love San Diego! 3 days were more than enough at Disney (2 would have been highly sufficient, although daughter would have loved another couple of days..) But Universal was the biggest waste! I hated that place! Again, gone were the days when it was just the back lot tour bus...and that was the only thing I did like. The rest of the place was just tacky!

AmerLisa Jun 4th 2013 4:45 am

Originally Posted by Bob (Post 10739491)
Not if you've got to buy all that crap to go with it and pay camping fees....and then the mozzies :D

They'll suck your blood for free! :thumbup:

Nutek Jun 4th 2013 11:57 am

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...world_ver2.jpg

Yorkieabroad Jun 4th 2013 12:53 pm

Originally Posted by AmerLisa (Post 10739726)
They'll suck your blood for free! :thumbup:

Which brings us right back to Disneyworld .... I love these circular threads:lol:

Scouse Express Jun 4th 2013 1:03 pm

Originally Posted by Yorkieabroad (Post 10740295)
Which brings us right back to Disneyworld .... I love these circular threads:lol:

Yes, they're quite "Goofy"

AmerLisa Jun 4th 2013 1:09 pm

Originally Posted by Yorkieabroad (Post 10740295)

:D

Scouse Express Jun 4th 2013 1:50 pm

Another thing about Disney, is that when we go there with a Group, say a Marching Band for example, we get charged $20 per day, per bus, for the priviledge of dropping off and picking up the group there.

If the Group requires the Tour Director to remain on-site, then we also have to cough up for the cost of admission for him or her. And sometimes, we have 8-10 Motorcoaches involved in the movement.

Mummy in the foothills Jun 4th 2013 2:34 pm

Originally Posted by Nutek (Post 10740215)

:lol:

kimilseung Jun 4th 2013 3:01 pm

Originally Posted by N1cky (Post 10739306)
I used to think that until we took our daughter for the first time. The look on her face was pure magic, and she still loves every moment of it now. I wouldn't swap those memories for anything.

We did it as a family meet up. Parents were going on a cruise that included time in Orlando, so we decided to go meet them. We were lucky to use a friends time share which helped with costs.

But I was amazed how we all enjoyed it. I was expecting the worst. Disney TV channel is so awful. I think they get just about everything right at Disney.

Sally Redux Jun 5th 2013 3:29 pm

Originally Posted by Nutek (Post 10740215)

Only just saw this :lol: