British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Trailer Park (https://britishexpats.com/forum/trailer-park-96/)
-   -   Tragic Kingdom at Dismalworld Hikes Prices (https://britishexpats.com/forum/trailer-park-96/tragic-kingdom-dismalworld-hikes-prices-798984/)

Scouse Express Jun 3rd 2013 7:23 pm

Tragic Kingdom at Dismalworld Hikes Prices

It will now cost you $95, per ticket, to get into Magic Kingdom at Disneyworld.

A one day visit is now expected to cost over $500, including food, but excluding accomodation for a family of four;

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/the-d...0,644969.story

Jim.

joto Jun 3rd 2013 7:28 pm

Re: Tragic Kingdom at Dismalworld Hikes Prices

Originally Posted by Scouse Express (Post 10739111)

A one day visit is now expected to cost over $500, including food, but excluding accomodation for a family of four;

Jim.

Just in time for the school vacation and the summer tourist season, or is that just a coincidence? :frown:

N1cky Jun 3rd 2013 7:55 pm

Jim.

Not many people go to Disney for the day though do they? If you are going on vacation, you are going to buy a multi-day ticket. If you are a local you're going to buy a season ticket. The only people I can think of who buy a single day ticket are people who are fairly local and might want to go and celebrate a birthday... or someone visiting locals who already have season passes, and they buy a 1 day ticket to go along with them.

Seems better value than Universal too, who are also above $90 per day, and I thought it was crap when we went a few weeks ago.

It is a really expensive vacation though.

GeoffM Jun 3rd 2013 7:59 pm

I thought it was $89 even several years ago? But yes, still so expensive.

Of course, it works well for me but annual pass holders do seem to be subsidised by the people who buy day passes in all the parks, not just Disney. Universal Hollywood, for example, is $80 for a standard day pass and $99 for an annual pass ($109 for no black outs). Last few times we went to Universal all we paid in the park was for a refill or two (99c each).

GeoffM Jun 3rd 2013 8:06 pm

One thing that annoys me about some theme parks is how they build a new park right next to the old one and call it something different to justify having two separate admissions. Like Disneyland California with its California Adventure, right next door, nearly twice the price to visit both, a bit chopped off Disneyland in order to build the new park, yet prices kept going up.

I'll concede Disneyworl Orlando is a bit different as each of the Disney parks there are much bigger.

Uncle_Bob Jun 3rd 2013 8:17 pm

Adult day ticket increased to $90 at Disnland, CA too :sneaky:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...n_3378088.html

N1cky Jun 3rd 2013 8:19 pm

Originally Posted by GeoffM (Post 10739182)
One thing that annoys me about some theme parks is how they build a new park right next to the old one and call it something different to justify having two separate admissions. Like Disneyland California with its California Adventure, right next door, nearly twice the price to visit both, a bit chopped off Disneyland in order to build the new park, yet prices kept going up.

I'll concede Disneyworl Orlando is a bit different as each of the Disney parks there are much bigger.

Part of the reason behind it, is they need to have two seperate parks for safety around capacity reasons. Although, I'm not denying they like being able to charge for both the parks. At least now they have built CarsLand, California Adventure feels like a real park in its own right.

I never forget how lucky we are not having to pay to go to Disney. Especially when we lived an hours drive away while our daughter was 5-8 years old. We certainly made the most of that freebie. Miss it loads now we live in No Cal.

Uncle_Bob Jun 3rd 2013 8:41 pm

Jim.

$500 excluding accomodation :eek:
You got me to thinking how much i paid for my last trip to Disneyland. So i pulled up my receipt.
We stayed 4 nights in the Anaheim Ebassey Suites, One king suite with the kids on the sofa bed. Full breakfast included and snacks, $1 pizza slices and complementary drinks in the evening.
Got a 5 day parkhopper passes for the price of 3 days.
I've used this company and got a similar sort of deal twice now.

http://i994.photobucket.com/albums/a...10/disney2.jpg

N1cky Jun 3rd 2013 8:47 pm

Originally Posted by Uncle_Bob (Post 10739251)
$500 excluding accomodation :eek:

You got me to thinking how much i paid for my last trip to Disneyland. So i pulled up my receipt.

We stayed 4 nights in the Anaheim Ebassey Suites, One king suite with the kids on the sofa bed. Full breakfast included and snacks, $1 pizza slices and complementary drinks in the evening.

Got a 5 day parkhopper passes for the price of 3 days.

I've used this company and got a similar sort of deal twice now.

Average prices do come down when you stay for more than one day. That's why the article is a so misleading, as most people don't just do one day.

In this instance, a 1 day ticket with no hopper, so you can't leave to get dinner outside the park. So 4 x $90 = $360, plus dinner and snacks for the day at $140 so around $35 per person. Seems about right.

Bob Jun 3rd 2013 9:19 pm

I would rather shoot myself in the face and pull my anus out from the hole than go to any of these parks.

But I would like to go to the one in Ohio for the rollercoaster, but seem to be in a minority :(

N1cky Jun 3rd 2013 9:25 pm

Originally Posted by Bob (Post 10739299)
I would rather shoot myself in the face and pull my anus out from the hole than go to any of these parks.

But I would like to go to the one in Ohio for the rollercoaster, but seem to be in a minority :(

I used to think that until we took our daughter for the first time. The look on her face was pure magic, and she still loves every moment of it now. I wouldn't swap those memories for anything.

Uncle_Bob Jun 3rd 2013 9:25 pm

Originally Posted by N1cky (Post 10739262)
Average prices do come down when you stay for more than one day. That's why the article is a so misleading, as most people don't just do one day.

In this instance, a 1 day ticket with no hopper, so you can't leave to get dinner outside the park. So 4 x $90 = $360, plus dinner and snacks for the day at $140 so around $35 per person. Seems about right.

Yes i think so too. If you think these prices increases are rough spare a thought for the club 33 members. Gold membership for 3k a year is no longer available, just platinum for $10k a year :eek:

N1cky Jun 3rd 2013 9:27 pm

Originally Posted by Uncle_Bob (Post 10739308)
Yes i think so too. If you think these prices increases are rough spare a thought for the club 33 members. Gold membership for 3k a year is no longer available, just platinum for $10k a year :eek:

I don't give a shit about them. No body makes them be club 33 members. If they are stupid enough to pay that, then Disney do right charging it.

Michael Jun 3rd 2013 9:27 pm

Originally Posted by Bob (Post 10739299)

Wait until your kids get older and then you won't have a choice if you don't want them whining all the time.

Uncle_Bob Jun 3rd 2013 9:27 pm

Originally Posted by N1cky (Post 10739306)
I used to think that until we took our daughter for the first time. The look on her face was pure magic, and she still loves every moment of it now. I wouldn't swap those memories for anything.

Yes its worth it for the kids and I have fun too, but after 5 days of Disney i am done.