Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

Tracking someone down

Wikiposts

Tracking someone down

Old Jul 4th 2009, 5:55 am
Banned

Sonic5 has a brilliant futureSonic5 has a brilliant futureSonic5 has a brilliant futureSonic5 has a brilliant futureSonic5 has a brilliant futureSonic5 has a brilliant futureSonic5 has a brilliant future
Default Tracking someone down

Is there a cheap (no cost?) way to find out where someone lives?

I need their address to serve them court papers but don't know where they live.
Old Jul 4th 2009, 8:13 am
L2, GC, Surrey, OH, TX!

MsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tracking someone down

tried googling their name? If they own a home then it could well come up with their address in google as it may be on the county site?

I did this to a new friend when i lost the email with her address. I just googled her and it spat out the sale record and told me where she lived.
Old Jul 4th 2009, 8:16 am
Banned

Sonic5 has a brilliant futureSonic5 has a brilliant futureSonic5 has a brilliant futureSonic5 has a brilliant futureSonic5 has a brilliant futureSonic5 has a brilliant futureSonic5 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by MsElui
tried googling their name? If they own a home then it could well come up with their address in google as it may be on the county site?

I did this to a new friend when i lost the email with her address. I just googled her and it spat out the sale record and told me where she lived.
I have already tried this and nothing.
They don't own a home and don't have a home phone.
I do have their cell phone though?
Old Jul 4th 2009, 8:21 am

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

These folk will charge you but it will be only a few bucks, you can call them 1st and they will tell you, how much and all the details, I know them very well on a personal level..in another word they are Sh#T HOT lol...and can find anyone

http://www.tracersinfo.com/index.php?id=overview
Old Jul 4th 2009, 8:33 am
BE Enthusiast

emailrob is just really niceemailrob is just really niceemailrob is just really niceemailrob is just really niceemailrob is just really niceemailrob is just really niceemailrob is just really niceemailrob is just really niceemailrob is just really niceemailrob is just really nice

try

www.pipl.com
Old Jul 4th 2009, 9:42 am
gurt mint nit?

Xebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond repute

This guy is pretty effective
He'll be back if they're lying too.
Attached Thumbnails Tracking someone down-exterminator.gif  
Old Jul 4th 2009, 9:55 pm
And YOU'RE paying for it!

lapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond repute

Any PI or process server should have access to a website like Accurint which aggregates a variety of privately-held information (mostly credit reports). For most people, it's a ~$20 report which they should sell to you for some markup or other.

If they're the type that has been sued previously and aren't called John Smith, you could also consider going to the county courthouse and searching for any previous litigation they've been involved in. That will give you their previous address and you could attempt service there.

You may be able to obtain information from the DMV (varies state to state) either under Freedom of Information request or relevant state statute. For instance, in NYS, you'd complete an MV-15 and for the purpose you'd tick the box that reads "Use in any civil, criminal, administrative, or arbitral proceeding in any court or agency, including the service of process, investigation in anticipation of litigation, and the execution or enforcement of judgments and orders or pursuant to acourt order."
http://www.nydmv.state.ny.us/forms/mv15.pdf

However, depending on how much it is for, you might consider handing it all over to a process server - they should be able to both locate the individual and serve originating process for not much money at all.

Feel free to PM me if I can help more.
Old Jul 5th 2009, 4:04 am
Banned

Originally Posted by lapin_windstar
Any PI or process server should have access to a website like Accurint which aggregates a variety of privately-held information (mostly credit reports). For most people, it's a ~$20 report which they should sell to you for some markup or other.

If they're the type that has been sued previously and aren't called John Smith, you could also consider going to the county courthouse and searching for any previous litigation they've been involved in. That will give you their previous address and you could attempt service there.

You may be able to obtain information from the DMV (varies state to state) either under Freedom of Information request or relevant state statute. For instance, in NYS, you'd complete an MV-15 and for the purpose you'd tick the box that reads "Use in any civil, criminal, administrative, or arbitral proceeding in any court or agency, including the service of process, investigation in anticipation of litigation, and the execution or enforcement of judgments and orders or pursuant to acourt order."
http://www.nydmv.state.ny.us/forms/mv15.pdf

However, depending on how much it is for, you might consider handing it all over to a process server - they should be able to both locate the individual and serve originating process for not much money at all.

Feel free to PM me if I can help more.
The person moved to the state recently and hasn't changed their driving licence yet. There are unlikely to be any records of them here.
I think they have got involved with the 'wrong kind of people" who I am sure will have shown them all the tricks to remain undetectable.
I think I know where they work however, if this is of any use.

Can I claim the costs of trying to find them when I begin my action and file a claim with the court?
The amount I am chasing is less than $1000

Last edited by Sonic5; Jul 5th 2009 at 4:06 am.
Old Jul 5th 2009, 4:58 am
Pedantic Moron

Michelmas has a reputation beyond reputeMichelmas has a reputation beyond reputeMichelmas has a reputation beyond reputeMichelmas has a reputation beyond reputeMichelmas has a reputation beyond reputeMichelmas has a reputation beyond reputeMichelmas has a reputation beyond reputeMichelmas has a reputation beyond reputeMichelmas has a reputation beyond reputeMichelmas has a reputation beyond reputeMichelmas has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sonic5
I think I know where they work however, if this is of any use.
Follow them home!

Can I claim the costs of trying to find them when I begin my action and file a claim with the court?
Typically not. The Judge has no way of knowing if the costs incurred were fair or reasonable. For instance if you spent 10 gallons of fuel chasing them down, then went knocking on the door for 10 hours before eventually hiring a PI, you would not get the gas money or the walking money and definatly not the PI money.
Old Jul 5th 2009, 5:22 am
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

The amount I am chasing is less than $1000
Forget it!
Old Jul 5th 2009, 5:43 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Michelmas
Follow them home!

Typically not. The Judge has no way of knowing if the costs incurred were fair or reasonable. For instance if you spent 10 gallons of fuel chasing them down, then went knocking on the door for 10 hours before eventually hiring a PI, you would not get the gas money or the walking money and definatly not the PI money.
Well I have the person's email address and cellphone number.
If they won't give me their address, why is it not reasonable to award me the reasonable costs to find this out?

I can't follow them from work because they know my car and they often finish work early in the morning when there are few, if any, cars left in parking lots and also in the road when I would follow them.

Also, if I took a day off work to do this when they working during the day, I would have to be sure they were working during the day on that particular day (not possible to find out without alerting the person) and also, I would have to take a day off and lose a day's pay, which is a significant amount in relation to the money owed.
Old Jul 5th 2009, 5:44 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Xebedee
This guy is pretty effective
He'll be back if they're lying too.
...and he is?
Old Jul 5th 2009, 5:48 am

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

Well I have the person's email address and cellphone number.
If they won't give me their address, why is it not reasonable to award me the reasonable costs to find this out?

I can't follow them from work because they know my car and they often finish work early in the morning when there are few, if any, cars left in parking lots and also in the road when I would follow them.

Also, if I took a day off work to do this when they working during the day, I would have to be sure they were working during the day on that particular day (not possible to find out without alerting the person) and also, I would have to take a day off and lose a day's pay, which is a significant amount in relation to the money owed.
So if you know where they work then file a small claim, and have them served at work
Old Jul 5th 2009, 5:51 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Poppy girl
So if you know where they work then file a small claim, and have them served at work
I think I know where they work but not sure.
Is it legal to serve them there, with their "home address" as their work address?
I will first have to drive round there one day and see if I can find their car there.

Love your avatar!
Old Jul 5th 2009, 6:06 am

I think I know where they work but not sure.
Is it legal to serve them there, with their "home address" as their work address?
I will first have to drive round there one day and see if I can find their car there.

Love your avatar!
I do not know what state you are in, but do a google on small claims court for your state, and it will give you easy info what to do.

You can in California serve them at their work address, but the county has to named as the county that the incident took place in.

Its really easy to do and will cost you about $50 well in CA it does

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.