today's my birthday so be nice, please

today's my birthday so be nice, please

Old May 9th 2008, 6:47 am
Just Joined

15th gen will become famous soon enough
Default today's my birthday so be nice, please

a little back ground

My surname arrived here in 1700 and something so I'm not really an ex-pat

My mother's family came to central NY in 1880 from Wales.

I just sliced the back of my thumb (the meaty part) with a cheap cork screw while opening my second bottle of "Swedish Hill" Viking Red.

I drive a Toyota Truck just like the one they trashed on Top Gear a while ago, only mine has 329,000 miles on it.

So, if you'll entertain me, I have a couple questions for you,

Ramsey's Kitchen Nightmares is my new favourite show ever and I found you while searching "prawn cocktail". We make ours with ketchup and horse radish sauce, hold the lettice. Which one's better?

I'm a big fan of Genesis, Gentle Giant, King Crimson and Brand X. I heard an interview with Phil Collins on "This American Life" and he suggested that if he hadn't put out his solo albums he would have "only been a jazz drummer". As a fan of his "early work" I'm offended by that. I've been listening to "Duke" really loud in the truck lately and I'm not sure he had to go solo. comment:

The films "V for Vendetta" and "Children of Men" are both set in Britton. Do you know something I don't?

If I hit the lottery, I'd buy a stone house in Swansea, learn how to sail and build a green house, but in the mean time can you recommend a nice holiday or bed and breakfast?

Since I consider myself Welch, I'm surprised I haven't heard any derogitory terms for us besides: "toast &cheese eaters with a language of immposibly long words". Were the Welch conqired so long ago that they didn't need to be dirided with insults?

We're taught a different history of the American Revolution, would you post a link that would help me understand the other side of the story? After all, am I the son of an insurgent an anarchist, a revolutionary or a patriot?

Thanks
Dave
Old May 9th 2008, 1:10 pm

JEM3110 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: today's my birthday so be nice, please

To be born Welsh is to be born privileged.
Not with a silver spoon in your mouth,
But music in your blood and poetry in your soul
- Wilfred Wilson

Welcome and happy birthday!
Old May 9th 2008, 1:15 pm
L2, GC, Surrey, OH, TX!

MsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by 15th gen
Since I consider myself Welch, I'm surprised I haven't heard any derogitory terms for us besides: "toast &cheese eaters with a language of immposibly long words".
usually something to do with sheep!
Old May 9th 2008, 1:30 pm

Dave (or is it Dai? )

Swansea is my home town, so I know a little bit about the place, it's a great city. When I left 2 years ago the city centre was being revamped and I believe this is still on-going, everyone I talk to back home says it's looking fantastic. If you go for a vacation, you'll have plenty to do. The Gower Peninsula has some of the most beautiful beaches in the whole of the UK, my favourites being Three Cliffs Bay and Rhossili. Mumbles is a very pretty village on the Swansea coast (Catherine Zeta Jones is from there) and you just have to sample an ice cream from Joe's Ice Cream parlour, it's to die for! The city centre has great nightlife and shopping - Swansea market is a great place, you can meet the locals and have a chat (people are very friendly) and you can sample the local delights such as cockles and laverbread! Not sure about a B&B but there are plenty to choose from.... Don't know what else to say, other than PM me if you want a chat!
Old May 9th 2008, 1:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

shazza777 is a splendid one to beholdshazza777 is a splendid one to beholdshazza777 is a splendid one to beholdshazza777 is a splendid one to beholdshazza777 is a splendid one to beholdshazza777 is a splendid one to beholdshazza777 is a splendid one to beholdshazza777 is a splendid one to beholdshazza777 is a splendid one to beholdshazza777 is a splendid one to beholdshazza777 is a splendid one to behold

Happy Birthday
Old May 9th 2008, 2:31 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

a little back ground

I just sliced the back of my thumb (the meaty part) with a cheap cork screw while opening my second bottle of "Swedish Hill" Viking Red.

I drive a Toyota Truck just like the one they trashed on Top Gear a while ago, only mine has 329,000 miles on it.

Ramsey's Kitchen Nightmares is my new favourite show ever and I found you while searching "prawn cocktail". We make ours with ketchup and horse radish sauce, hold the lettice. Which one's better?

I'm a big fan of Genesis, Gentle Giant, King Crimson and Brand X. I heard an interview with Phil Collins on "This American Life" and he suggested that if he hadn't put out his solo albums he would have "only been a jazz drummer". As a fan of his "early work" I'm offended by that. I've been listening to "Duke" really loud in the truck lately and I'm not sure he had to go solo. comment:

The films "V for Vendetta" and "Children of Men" are both set in Britton. Do you know something I don't?

If I hit the lottery, I'd buy a stone house in Swansea, learn how to sail and build a green house, but in the mean time can you recommend a nice holiday or bed and breakfast?

Since I consider myself Welch, I'm surprised I haven't heard any derogitory terms for us besides: "toast &cheese eaters with a language of immposibly long words". Were the Welch conqired so long ago that they didn't need to be dirided with insults?

We're taught a different history of the American Revolution, would you post a link that would help me understand the other side of the story? After all, am I the son of an insurgent an anarchist, a revolutionary or a patriot?

Thanks
Dave
The Welsh consider you American.

Your the son of your Dad.
whom was also American.
Old May 9th 2008, 2:50 pm
Peace onion

Octang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond repute

Happy Birthday, boyo. Or should I say, Taffy.
Old May 9th 2008, 2:54 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Manc

whom was also American.
The parade's just been rained out...

Originally Posted by Octang Frye
Happy Birthday, boyo. Or should I say, Taffy.
Or sheep f******
Old May 9th 2008, 3:11 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Swansea ... its historical building

Old May 9th 2008, 3:13 pm

Yes the DVLA lots of my friends work there!
Old May 9th 2008, 3:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

lisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond repute

What do you call a sheep tied to a lampost in Swansea ?....

A leisure center !!!!

Sorry....couldn't resist
Old May 9th 2008, 6:36 pm

Originally Posted by lisa67
What do you call a sheep tied to a lampost in Swansea ?....

A leisure center !!!!

Sorry....couldn't resist
Nah, thats Cardiff!
Old May 10th 2008, 5:52 am
lj2
BE Enthusiast

lj2 is a glorious beacon of lightlj2 is a glorious beacon of lightlj2 is a glorious beacon of lightlj2 is a glorious beacon of lightlj2 is a glorious beacon of lightlj2 is a glorious beacon of lightlj2 is a glorious beacon of lightlj2 is a glorious beacon of lightlj2 is a glorious beacon of lightlj2 is a glorious beacon of lightlj2 is a glorious beacon of light

a little back ground

Thanks
Dave
I dont like to admit it, being a true Bristolian and having had wee thrown at me by both Cardiff and Swansea inhabitants... but I'm a bit welsh too.

You might like this... I hated it:

http://www.walesdvd.com/
Old May 10th 2008, 7:00 am

anabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome birthday boy
Old May 14th 2008, 1:07 pm
Just Joined

15th gen will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Manc

whom was also American.

It is true, I have many faults

Thanks to everyone, I'll make a gracious exit now and let you get back to whatever it was you were talking about before I showed up.